Old 07-23-2018, 11:36 AM   #1

2019 Isata 5 black water tank won't drain

I have dumped the tanks 2 times and was very pleased with how quickly they drained, especially the black water tank. Now i have concluded that it wasn't fully draining and now is only 3-4 maybe 5 inches below the toilet valve. we have used holding tank treatment liberally and plenty of water.
any ideas as what to do?
Stuck in Pismo Beach, Ca

Dick Skeers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 12:12 PM   #2

Sending you a PM also.

The fastest method would be to call a Porta-John company for a cleanout. Their system uses vacuum to suck your tank dry. If a blockage won't allow emptying of the tank through the dump valve get them to stick their hose down your toilet to empty the tank. Where I live it costs $20 to $40 depending on quantity.

Please keep us updated on the outcome and if you have a blockage I'm sure someone on the forum will have some helpful ideas about how to solve it.

Since your unit is a 2019 I would think your dealer and/or Forest River will fix it under warranty if it's something serious like construction debris blocking the tank outlet.

Netgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 12:41 PM   #3

Have you verified that the black tank valve is actually opening? If yes then I would suspect the cutout for toilet was left in the tank and is plugging the outlet. Take it to your dealer or a dealer and have them fix it. I like the idea of having it emptied via a truck thru the toilet if that wasn't available and If it were out of warranty and mine I would get to a dump station and without the dump hose attached I would run a water closet auger up the drain pipe and dislodge the blockage (not a nice picture)
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 01:19 PM   #4
GM

Also, hook up the black tank flush....see if it can flush any other debris, solids, etc.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 01:26 PM   #5

black tank

embarrassing, but a clog at the toilet itself. can you say grandchildren?
thanks to everyone who commented.
Dick Skeers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 02:17 PM   #6

Hey, that's what we are hear for to help each other. Glad you are back in the flush!!

caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, black water, drain, tank, water, water tank