Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2019, 09:23 PM   #41

Thanks for the fast reply, I must have missed the post about the fuel problems Ram was having with the two tank set up. Because the new 2019 is putting out 35 more HP and 75 more torque, It seams like the 444 gear would work great and hopefully better fuel mileage. As far as a better design, I see your making a shorter RV with a solid bed, how about dropping the height by 3 inches to save weight and the front nose over cab could be offered in a no sleep area but storage making the front more sleek. There's some built like that on the Sprinter chassis. All Phoenix Cruisers coaches are that way and they sell ok. Lighter weight= more CCC Lower profile and sleeker nose/cap = better looking better fuel economy. Just my opinion.
GPCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 06:48 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
We have actually listened to the buyers. And by far and away, people wanting the 4.44 gearing were in the minority. Most people seem to be happy with the current power and would rather not fix what is not broken.

As for the floor plan, what exactly are you not happy with?

In regards to the 53 gallon fuel tank...we used to have the dual tanks. But, there were complaints about CCC, so by removing the aux tank we saved a couple hundred lbs. Also, the way the aux tank worked was odd...the larger tank would pump fuel into the smaller tank, adding complexity and another fuel pump. After we had some issues with that pump not cutting off, it was a win-win. More CCC and less potential to have fuel spewing out of the fill. So by listening to our customers we made those changes. While we can't accommodate every single request....we try to accommodate the ones that make the most sense to the most amount of people.
I have the dual tank set up. Completely understand removing to increase CCC.

Never had a problem with the 2nd tank and I do like the extra fuel. Have run several times only on the 2nd tank.
Old 05-22-2019, 09:14 AM   #43
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPCruiser View Post
Thanks for the fast reply, I must have missed the post about the fuel problems Ram was having with the two tank set up. Because the new 2019 is putting out 35 more HP and 75 more torque, It seams like the 444 gear would work great and hopefully better fuel mileage. As far as a better design, I see your making a shorter RV with a solid bed, how about dropping the height by 3 inches to save weight and the front nose over cab could be offered in a no sleep area but storage making the front more sleek. There's some built like that on the Sprinter chassis. All Phoenix Cruisers coaches are that way and they sell ok. Lighter weight= more CCC Lower profile and sleeker nose/cap = better looking better fuel economy. Just my opinion.
I'm not sure we would drop the height by 3"...That reduces the bunk space height and slide room height which is pretty important in the overall feel and function of things.

We have talked about offering the "non cab-over" version. That is on the table right now for those that don't need the bunk. having said that....I can tell you, in ALL other cases, when we offer the bunk. 90% of what we build gets the bunk. (we offer the Sprinter both ways...so I would like to offer the 5 both ways...just takes time)

When we first came out with the sprinter, we did not have a cab over. Once we started offering the cab-over, 90% are ordered with bunks. The DX3 is BEAUTIFUL with the standard front cap. 90% of what we build today (once we started offering) has the cab over bed. Fact is...the bunk is versatile. If you need the sleeping, you have it. If you don't need the sleeping, it becomes extra storage. I do understand that "aerodynamics" and "sleeker look", I agree. But the people without kids or grand kids...are a minority.

So, when we have to pay for tooling costs...upwards of $30k for a cap and transitions. it is much easier to stomach at higher volumes. When you amortize that over 10% (instead of 90%) of our builds....that gets expensive. And when a chassis OEM changes their body style, we have to do it all over again.

As for Phoenix Cruiser...they have sold a total of 56 coaches in the last 12 months according to Stat Survey's.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 01:21 PM   #44

Quote:
The fixed bed version should debut in Sept at our dealer open house. But I will do a video walkthrough at that time.
How a about a preview of the floorplan?
Magnatudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 06:29 PM   #45
Citrus County, Fl.

Dropping Floor Plans

Was just on the Dynamax web site and see the 30FW and 35DB are dealer stock only. This just leave the 36DS in the Isata 5 lineup. Bryan, since you were considering bringing a 30FW to the Hershey show, what are these two units being replaced with?
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 09:11 PM   #46
Commercial Member

That's not accurate...but I see how you can get that.

The First section is Class C Motorhomes.

The 2nd section is Dealer Stock Only and then they list the 35DB and it has "dealer stock only" by the floor plan name. That is the only one we are stopping for now.

its a good floor plan that serves a purpose...but it is still tight on CCC in my mind. While we have cut a lot of weight and got it in the 1500 range...the issue is Dealers don't seem to do a good job of explaining CCC. So they say "Oh, yeah, it can tow 10,000 lbs. Oh, yeah, look what it sleeps". So to prevent customers from buying it uneducated and then trying to carry 8 and tow 10k....I decided to hold it, redesign from ground up with weight in mind. Or not...I am finding more people use the cab over bunk instead and like the larger living area of the 36DS. We'll see, in the meantime, we will have the 28SS coming in the fall.

Old 06-01-2019, 11:39 PM   #47

Quote:
That's not accurate...but I see how you can get that.

The First section is Class C Motorhomes.

The 2nd section is Dealer Stock Only and then they list the 35DB and it has "dealer stock only" by the floor plan name. That is the only one we are stopping for now.

its a good floor plan that serves a purpose...but it is still tight on CCC in my mind. While we have cut a lot of weight and got it in the 1500 range...the issue is Dealers don't seem to do a good job of explaining CCC. So they say "Oh, yeah, it can tow 10,000 lbs. Oh, yeah, look what it sleeps". So to prevent customers from buying it uneducated and then trying to carry 8 and tow 10k....I decided to hold it, redesign from ground up with weight in mind. Or not...I am finding more people use the cab over bunk instead and like the larger living area of the 36DS. We'll see, in the meantime, we will have the 28SS coming in the fall.
Whoa! So, the I5 Bunkhouse is going away altogether for now?! Man, that's cooking my noodle.

That seems like a mistake. I can say, with 100% confidence, that I would not have bought an I5 if there wasn't a bunkhouse layout. I have 3 youngin's, so the bunkhouse was necessary, but even if I had 2 kids, I wouldn't have gone the 36DS route. We really, REALLY didn't want to have to convert something into a bed every night for any of the kids (dinette, pull-out couch etc). So, even with "just" 2 kids, the 36DS would have required some sort of bed making every night. I know the 35DB was only a tiny portion of the I5 sales, but dropping it? .....oopppph, that hurts.
Old 06-02-2019, 01:21 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLT4SPD View Post
Whoa! So, the I5 Bunkhouse is going away altogether for now?! Man, that's cooking my noodle.

That seems like a mistake. I can say, with 100% confidence, that I would not have bought an I5 if there wasn't a bunkhouse layout. I have 3 youngin's, so the bunkhouse was necessary, but even if I had 2 kids, I wouldn't have gone the 36DS route. We really, REALLY didn't want to have to convert something into a bed every night for any of the kids (dinette, pull-out couch etc). So, even with "just" 2 kids, the 36DS would have required some sort of bed making every night. I know the 35DB was only a tiny portion of the I5 sales, but dropping it? .....oopppph, that hurts.
I'm in the same boat. The bunkhouse Super C is what I'm after. Hopefully they'll bring it back lighter and with 4WD.
Goatdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 08:31 AM   #49
Commercial Member

That is the hope. It really needs about 2,000 lbs of CCC. Then I feel much better about offering the 4x4.

Old 06-02-2019, 08:46 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatdog View Post
I'm in the same boat. The bunkhouse Super C is what I'm after. Hopefully they'll bring it back lighter and with 4WD.
Quote:
That is the hope. It really needs about 2,000 lbs of CCC. Then I feel much better about offering the 4x4.
Trust me when I say that I really get the appeal of 4WD. I live at 8000' in the Colorado Rockies and we don't own a vehicle unless it's 4WD or AWD....or it gets stored for the winter. However, I just can't really get my head wrapped around the 4WD 36' RV. Unless it's an emergency and you've got yourself STUCK in sand or mud, I'm having a hard time painting a scenario where I would want to go back into the woods with something like this. On top of that, even when we've looked at some "interesting" camping spots, it wasn't the traction of 2WD vs. 4WD that would stop us, it would be the ground clearance and/or the height of the coach and tree branches stopping me. Maybe I'm not trying hard enough.

Brian, I am looking forward to seeing what flows from Dynamax's imagination in terms of a renewed bunkhouse, but for the love of all that is holy, don't just drop it all together.

Actually, this thread prompted me to revisit Dynamax's website last night and I was intrigued by the Force 34KD. The thought of a 36' Force WITH BUNKS is very appealing. The nearly 40' length of 37BH is what kept us away from the Force, but get that closer to 35 or 36 and I start crunching numbers VERY quickly.
Old 06-02-2019, 01:25 PM   #51

I don't really think anyone is thinking seriously about off-roading in a 36' RV, but for that extra traction on winter roads (not everybody is snowbird) , those moments you sink a little too much after the grass gets wet and one off your drive wheels starts spinning, or that really nice spot on the BLM that caused you to pause previously.

I do agree that most will never need 4WD in their RV.
Goatdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 02:17 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatdog View Post
I do agree that most will never need 4WD in their RV.
Right. But you only need it once to make it worth it. I was hesitant with our DX3 but the locking rear differential was an acceptable compromise.
rskeans is offline   Reply With Quote