Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2018, 10:48 AM   #1

3-Way Valve on Fresh Water Supply to Water Pump, what is it? Isata 5 35DB

Today’s curiosity; there is a 3-way valve in-between the fresh water tank and the water pump on our Isata 5. Obviously, in one position it’s 'off' (no water to the pump). In the opposite position it’s 'on' (water flows to pump inlet). However, I can’t figure out the purpose of the middle position. In the middle position it appears that water would flow out a length of hose that doesn’t terminate anywhere. It’s just a loose hose that runs up and then under the water tank and is then just cut-off by the pump itself.

There is no reference to this valve or hose in the Dynamax fresh water plumbing diagram. That diagram shows a direct connection between the tank and the pump.

In the picture below, I have circled the valve in question and inserted some red arrows to indicate the hose I speak of.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1754.jpg
Views:	560
Size:	415.8 KB
ID:	182627  
Old 08-08-2018, 11:09 AM   #2
Commercial Member

its an anti-freeze take up tube. You put the end with no termination in an anti-freeze jug and use the pump to take it to all of the fixtures, bypassing the water tank. It was a recent add that I requested to make winterizing easier.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 11:37 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
its an anti-freeze take up tube. You put the end with no termination in an anti-freeze jug and use the pump to take it to all of the fixtures, bypassing the water tank. It was a recent add that I requested to make winterizing easier.
Ah, glorious! Thanks!
Old 08-08-2018, 12:03 PM   #4
Just as confused as you

bclemens, it's good that you care about your customers and help them as much as you do here on the forum.

Now, get back to work! Just kidding, we all know the great job you do. It's too bad that other divisions GM's don't get involved like you do.

If I could win the lottery you would be getting an order from me even though I'd have to go 150+ miles to the nearest Dynamax dealer.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 12:56 PM   #5

Yes it is, and just like mine it is installed backwards. No problem as long as you know. The side going to the pump is supposed to be an input. That way the handle indicates which suction line is active. The pump is never a suction line! Nice feature though. Use it all the time.

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 01:06 PM   #6

New to RVing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Just in case the original poster is new to RVing...
The antifreeze is NOT automotive antifreeze. It is a potable (safe to drink) pink product for RVs, available at Walmart for a few dollars per gallon.

Larry
Larry-NC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 03:01 PM   #7

Larry, BLT4SPD will probably make up his own antifreeze!
I5PhilGa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 05:32 PM   #8
Ham Call N8SAC

Why would you make up your own. Is so cheap. Always keep some on hand. Use for camper and pressure washer that I leave in out building. I added on of those hoses to my camper takes about 10 minutes to winterize trailer.
Maxwell D Pratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 11:37 PM   #9

Antifreeze

I make my my own. Beers not cheap, but I've never frozen, a leaky pipe maybe, but not frozen.
Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 07:23 AM   #10
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell D Pratt View Post
Why would you make up your own. Is so cheap. Always keep some on hand. Use for camper and pressure washer that I leave in out building. I added on of those hoses to my camper takes about 10 minutes to winterize trailer.
He was joking...

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fresh water, pump, valve, water, water pump, water supply