Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2018, 11:37 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
LandKKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 224
30fw toilet problem still!

2nd weekend out. Took everyones advice re using LOTS of water to flush, calgon in tank, etc. Again we got a poop/paper pyramid just under the toilet. I am PISSED. It seems there is a fault with the shape of the tank. It seems flat just under the toilet and doesn't drop off enough or something. We used a ton of water to flush but the poop just stuck there, it wouldn't go down to the rest of the tank. Again I had to reach in to push it down. I don't think I should have to be doing that! Brian Clemons, what could be happening? I know the 30fw is a new model, could it be that the wrong type tank is installed? What is the solution here? The first time I accepted this was our fault for not using enough water but not this time. After all, how much flush is enough? I flushed for at least 30 to 45 seconds. That's a LOT of water! This is unacceptable! Please Help!
__________________

__________________
Kevin and Linda Knight
Isata 5 30FW
dog-mobile for Sophie and Roxy
Windsurf-mobile for us
LandKKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 11:53 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
cavie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Port Charlotte Fl
Posts: 2,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandKKnight View Post
2nd weekend out. Took everyones advice re using LOTS of water to flush, calgon in tank, etc. Again we got a poop/paper pyramid just under the toilet. I am PISSED. It seems there is a fault with the shape of the tank. It seems flat just under the toilet and doesn't drop off enough or something. We used a ton of water to flush but the poop just stuck there, it wouldn't go down to the rest of the tank. Again I had to reach in to push it down. I don't think I should have to be doing that! Brian Clemons, what could be happening? I know the 30fw is a new model, could it be that the wrong type tank is installed? What is the solution here? The first time I accepted this was our fault for not using enough water but not this time. After all, how much flush is enough? I flushed for at least 30 to 45 seconds. That's a LOT of water! This is unacceptable! Please Help!
How far down does the drop pipe go? Your drop pipe may be too long. Others have had this problem. You may need to remove the toilet, pull the drop pipe and cut it shorter. It only needs to go into the tank about 4".

Do you fill the bowl as it would be at home before you us it? That is required. Do you put a few gallons of water in after you drain the tank?
__________________

__________________
2002 27rk Wildcat 5er.
Port Charlotte Fl/Hinsdale Ma
Retired.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 12:00 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
LandKKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 224
I put lots of water in the tank after dumping. I did not fill the bowl before going, never had to in our last RV but will surely do that now. Thanks for the tip!
__________________
Kevin and Linda Knight
Isata 5 30FW
dog-mobile for Sophie and Roxy
Windsurf-mobile for us
LandKKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 12:09 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
cavie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Port Charlotte Fl
Posts: 2,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandKKnight View Post
I put lots of water in the tank after dumping. I did not fill the bowl before going, never had to in our last RV but will surely do that now. Thanks for the tip!
PLUP. Sticks like glue! Hope that fixes your problem.
__________________
2002 27rk Wildcat 5er.
Port Charlotte Fl/Hinsdale Ma
Retired.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 12:21 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
cavie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Port Charlotte Fl
Posts: 2,381
cuts down on bowl cleaning too
__________________
2002 27rk Wildcat 5er.
Port Charlotte Fl/Hinsdale Ma
Retired.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 12:44 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandKKnight View Post
2nd weekend out. Took everyones advice re using LOTS of water to flush, calgon in tank, etc. Again we got a poop/paper pyramid just under the toilet. I am PISSED. It seems there is a fault with the shape of the tank. It seems flat just under the toilet and doesn't drop off enough or something. We used a ton of water to flush but the poop just stuck there, it wouldn't go down to the rest of the tank. Again I had to reach in to push it down. I don't think I should have to be doing that! Brian Clemons, what could be happening? I know the 30fw is a new model, could it be that the wrong type tank is installed? What is the solution here? The first time I accepted this was our fault for not using enough water but not this time. After all, how much flush is enough? I flushed for at least 30 to 45 seconds. That's a LOT of water! This is unacceptable! Please Help!
I had this problem with my fifth wheel

Try this it works for me https://youtu.be/kohdqRRJer0
It’s a tank wand - simply push it into the middle of the pyramid and switch on the water !
Dave1367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 01:39 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1
I only get pyramids when I don't use single ply RV toilet tissue..
Talker2cents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 02:18 PM   #8
Member
 
RKBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Marco Island, Fl
Posts: 86
The other Isata 5's have a masserator, how about putting one in this model? It would probably require a bump in the paneling under the tv but that would beat pushing crap. Or maybe a vacuum flush on that model. When my new 30FW arrives I know my wife will say "you bought it you push the poop"!
RKBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 03:32 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
LandKKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
How far down does the drop pipe go? Your drop pipe may be too long. Others have had this problem. You may need to remove the toilet, pull the drop pipe and cut it shorter. It only needs to go into the tank about 4".
We looked in the compartment underneath where the holding tanks are and the tank has a measured depth of 4 inches stretching from one side of the coach to the wet bay where only then it drops sharply and has a depth of not quite 12 inches. The tank length across the coach is 63 inches. That's 5'3" of tank that is only 4 inches deep! And, the toilet pipe enters about 3 feet from the end opposite the wet bay. When I put my hand down the toilet to measure how much space is between the end of the pipe and the bottom of the tank it turns out to be about 2 inches. So if the tank is only 4 inches deep at that point, and the pipe is 2 inches from the bottom, it seems there isn't much room to shorten it, right? So have to come up with another solution. This seems like, well, I dont want to say poor design, how about strange design. Are other coaches black tanks designed like this? I know my previous RVs were not.
__________________
Kevin and Linda Knight
Isata 5 30FW
dog-mobile for Sophie and Roxy
Windsurf-mobile for us
LandKKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 04:27 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
cavie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Port Charlotte Fl
Posts: 2,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandKKnight View Post
We looked in the compartment underneath where the holding tanks are and the tank has a measured depth of 4 inches stretching from one side of the coach to the wet bay where only then it drops sharply and has a depth of not quite 12 inches. The tank length across the coach is 63 inches. That's 5'3" of tank that is only 4 inches deep! And, the toilet pipe enters about 3 feet from the end opposite the wet bay. When I put my hand down the toilet to measure how much space is between the end of the pipe and the bottom of the tank it turns out to be about 2 inches. So if the tank is only 4 inches deep at that point, and the pipe is 2 inches from the bottom, it seems there isn't much room to shorten it, right? So have to come up with another solution. This seems like, well, I dont want to say poor design, how about strange design. Are other coaches black tanks designed like this? I know my previous RVs were not.
2" from the bottom of the tank to the end of the pipe is just not enough room. Not if I was using it!
__________________

__________________
2002 27rk Wildcat 5er.
Port Charlotte Fl/Hinsdale Ma
Retired.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:41 AM.