Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2017, 10:26 AM   #1
Consumer of Space

Add all outlets to inverter in 37BH?

Hi all,

We just did delivery and PDI on our new 2018 Force HD 37BH last night. I noticed the only circuits on the inverter are the Front TV and Refrigerator. I was told that this is the way it is from the factory and there wasn't anything they would/could do for me. We dry camp quite a bit, so this won't work for us.

I have a couple of questions:

Can I get the schematics so all the outlets can go on the inverter?
Which combination charger electrical distribution thing do I have under the bed? There are a few sizes with different amounts of amps being put to the batteries.

I'm planning on going with a large Charger/Inverter like the Xantrex Prosine 2.0 I had on my last coach. I liked the 100 amps and the temperature compensation when charging. When the batteries were cold I'd see more than 15V going to the batteries!

How many batteries are supposed to come in the coach?
I have two chassis and two house. I thought I read that there were supposed to be two and four (maybe wishful thinking).

Also, the coach didn't have the 3/8" air hose with air chuck, I thought this was supposed to be included on the 2018s, maybe just the DX3s?

We're super happy with the coach and can't wait to make it ours. I followed Solar Bob's recommendations on my last solar system and had good results. I think this rig will get 1000w of solar because of the residential fridge. I'll document the mods as I go.
Old 05-27-2017, 10:49 AM   #2

Have a look at the magnum hybrid inverter.
125A and load support from the batteries.
Old 05-27-2017, 10:28 PM   #3

We are looking at purchasing a DX3 and simple things like which outlets are wired to the inverter are a concern for us. Whether it's for dry camping or for when we're on the road certain outlets need to run off the inverter. I could be wrong but I believe Brian mentioned the DX3 is wired differently than the Force.
rsqcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 09:25 AM   #4

Congrats on the new RV!

We should be taking delivery on the same model here within a month. Definitely post up on your mods, I'll be following along intently!
Old 05-28-2017, 12:58 PM   #5
Consumer of Space

Thanks all,

I confirmed that the coach comes with 2 D sized batteries for the house. I asked the dealer and he's willing to give $100 each in parts credit for the batteries. He also offered 100 each for the 100 watt panels on the roof. The batteries are a 'no brainer' for me, but seems like those panels go for 500 bucks each. Might have to put them on Ebay and see what happens.

AGM batteries will be replaced with six 6V costco batteries. This is what had before and the 66Ahr bank was fine for my use. Watering was easy with the valve system (cant remember the name) that uses a little squeeze bulb and waters the whole bank with a few squeezes.

I have a Morningstar TS-MPPT-60 from my last RV that I'll bring over. I'm planning on mounting 1000 watts or so of house panels on the roof. I figure the extra 300 Watts will take care of the residential fridge. The former rig had 3 230 Watt panels, but I'd like to start with new. House panels are said to be less durable than the flexible RV ones, but they're less than half the cost at 0.70 cents/Watt and the last set I used are still doing well with lots of desert rocky roads on the last rig.

The next immediate mod will be SeeLevel tank monitoring. Google 'em to see what they're about. There's a digital readout that'll read at 5 percent increments on each of the tanks and propane.

Another immediate mod will be the Tristar battery monitor with shunt. This'll let me know exactly how much energy is flowing in and out of the battery bank.

Other ideas include:
-A step cover so my baby wont tumble down the steps
-A switch to turn off the refrigerator so it's not on as soon as the inverter is enabled.

I'm hoping Brian can help with the wiring schematics so I can plan out the system before ordering.

Thanks for listening to me ramble...

Sean
Old 05-28-2017, 05:20 PM   #6
Commercial Member

I'll have to see what I can find on the schematics Tuesday.

As for batteries. We used to run (2) Group 31 AGM's. We have since switched them to the same batteries that are in the DX3 which is (2) 4D Deep Cycle AGM's. Those are 198AH a piece...I'd try those out before automatically switching over. Those are nice batteries.

DX3's are wired differently, they also get a 3000w inverter.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 03:47 PM   #7
Commercial Member

According to my data, the inverted circuits are...
Refer, Front TV, Bed Recepts and home theater.

Old 05-31-2017, 08:35 PM   #8
Consumer of Space

I agree that a couple of 4D batteries would have been worth trying. The problem is, when I went to double check AH rating I found a couple of 105AH smaller batteries. This is how my batteries were received Friday.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3547.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	392.2 KB
ID:	139682   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3549.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	386.1 KB
ID:	139683   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3550.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	385.1 KB
ID:	139684   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3551.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	436.8 KB
ID:	139685  
Old 06-01-2017, 07:43 AM   #9
Commercial Member

Your coach probably ended up before we changed over. Although where did the other 2 batteries come from? Dealer add?

Those are starting batteries and definitely NOT the deep cycle batteries you want.

Old 06-01-2017, 08:54 AM   #10
Consumer of Space

I assumed those were chassis batteries from the factory. I'll have another look tonight.

I'm questioning what else has been done at the dealer.

Here's what I know of:
-Batteries apparently different
-Missing tire chuck/hose
-The electronic lock isn't unlocking and it appears as if it was swapped out.
-The solar controller was missing a few days before delivery. They installed a new one before delivery, just evidence of them cannibalizing one to deliver another.

Not that big of deal, but it sure takes the bloom off the rose in terms of buying experience.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:21 AM   #11
Commercial Member

Sorry, those are. For some reason I was thinking we were looking at a 5 series. The M2 chassis batteries are starting batteries and house in that spot.

Tags
inverter