Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2019, 09:26 AM   #1

Air Hose Hook Up

I must have missed this during our walk through. I have a 2019 Dynamax DX3 37TS. I found the air hose with the tire filling attachment, but I can’t find where to attach it to the chassis air system. Any help is appreciated!!
4DayJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 09:29 AM   #2

In the battery storage bay...upper right hand corner.
Old 05-01-2019, 09:39 AM   #3

Mine is also in the battery bay upper left hand corner. Hidden.
Old 05-01-2019, 09:45 AM   #4

What they said ^
Old 05-01-2019, 09:53 AM   #5

Thanks for the quick reply - I’ve been in that compartment many times - I’ll have a closer look when t gets back from being serviced today. Thanks again!!
4DayJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 09:59 AM   #6

The air connection is also in the battery compartment in my DX3, but the pressure output seems to be limited to 85 PSI, so I wasn't able to use it to fully pump up my tires. I installed an additional 8 gal air tank in one of the brake circuits so I would have extra air to blow out the water system when winterizing & using on the tires. I installed a 2nd quick disconnect w/ shut off valve in the generator bay & connected it directly to this tank so that it can be used to fully inflate the tires. Pumping up these full size tires is a slooooow process compared to a car.
Silver Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 10:29 AM   #7

As other posters have said, way up in the batt compartment, hard to see black hose attached to black frame. Also, my system airs up tires just fine. Make sure engine is running and service pressure gauge is up.
Old 07-07-2019, 12:30 PM   #8
TRN

Just picked up a new to me 2015 DX3. The quick connect is there, but I need to add a hose and attachments. Does anyone know the quick connect size and style?
TRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 01:16 PM   #9

It's the type known as 'Industrial Interchange'. It's the most common type of 1/4" quick connect. They're available at Lowes & Home Depot.
Old 07-07-2019, 03:31 PM   #10
TRN

That's what I was expecting, but when I took over one of my air hoses, the male connector was far to small. It's either 3/8 or 1/2, possibly the PO changed it out for a larger setup.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190707_085842.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	244.1 KB
ID:	209217  
TRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 04:40 PM   #11

After I sent my reply I got to thinking about the size & I remembered I had to make an adapter w/ a 1/4" coupler so I could use my normal 1/4" air hoses. It's still the Industrial Interchange series, but probably the 3/8" size.
Old 07-08-2019, 09:59 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Arrow View Post
The air connection is also in the battery compartment in my DX3, but the pressure output seems to be limited to 85 PSI, so I wasn't able to use it to fully pump up my tires. I installed an additional 8 gal air tank in one of the brake circuits so I would have extra air to blow out the water system when winterizing & using on the tires. I installed a 2nd quick disconnect w/ shut off valve in the generator bay & connected it directly to this tank so that it can be used to fully inflate the tires. Pumping up these full size tires is a slooooow process compared to a car.

Did you have the engine running? I ask because at the last "gathering", I used mine to fill it to 100psi and it did it in a hurry.

Mark
Orangecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 09:05 AM   #13

Lightbulb Air hose for Dynamax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Arrow View Post
After I sent my reply I got to thinking about the size & I remembered I had to make an adapter w/ a 1/4" coupler so I could use my normal 1/4" air hoses. It's still the Industrial Interchange series, but probably the 3/8" size.
Hey fellas! Just wanted to add to this thread to confirm

The size of the air chuck in the battery bay is in fact 3/8” industrial interchange.

I went to A1 coupling and hose in Eugene, OR this is a fantastic store for all air and hose fittings. They do not have a great website but they do phone orders with shipping. This will be my go to for any hose fitting. It is 100% worth the stop if you are passing through the area. The guys there are super helpful!

Since I got my rig used it did not have the air hose that came with it. So this is my list of stuff I got to make an air hose that will work with all of my current air compressor stuff

1- flexzilla 50’ air hose 1/4” ntp male threads on both sides
1- standard 1/4” industrial interchange coupler female to 1/4” ntp threads female
1- 3/8” industrial interchange coupler male to 1/4” female ntp

What this gets you is a 50’ air hose that plugs into the Dynamax and can accept any standard 1/4” air tool

Name:	7ED67138-52C3-4FC1-9858-3CEB03A97C47.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	269.4 KB
ID:	252578
BigBirdandTails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 05:36 PM   #14
Señor Miembro

It's definitely a 3/8" industrial (or universal) coupler. I just tee'd into mine and duplicated it on the other side of the rig (shown on upper right wall of cabinet) as trying to pass the air hose under the RV through the mud to the passenger side was too much of a mess and pain for my back and knees.

You can easily swap the coupler out for a 1/4" automotive or industrial if you wanted. Just unscrew the old and on with the new. Industrial seems to be winning the popularity race the last decade or so. Not sure why they have 3/8" as the system doesn't put out enough air to justify it.

My home air system has 3/8" couplers but then I have a "leader" few foot hose (yellow green one hanging on door) that necks it down from 3/8" to 1/4" for lower air using tools. Leader also helps protect the expensive longer main bigger hose from damage and has a swivel on it to make things a little easier to use.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	second air line.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	217.3 KB
ID:	252633  
Rancher Rob is offline   Reply With Quote