Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2017, 07:12 AM   #1

Air Hose Won't Fit on the Auxiliary Port

Tried using the air hose included with the rig this weekend to air up the bike tires. It wouldn't click onto the quick connect fitting. Seems that though it should, but it won't push on all the way.

Also, it doesn't seem as though the collar on the quick connect pushes back like it should. I sprayed it with WD-40 to see if maybe it was just stuck, but nothing.

Thoughts? Am I missing something?
shultz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 07:33 AM   #2
Commercial Member

Those always seem to be a little tight when new. Is the dust cap keeping the collar from pulling back all the way? There is sometimes a little dust cover and it hooks to the hose with a rubber ring.

You're hooking it up to the one in the front driver side exterior compartment right?

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 07:57 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Those always seem to be a little tight when new. Is the dust cap keeping the collar from pulling back all the way? There is sometimes a little dust cover and it hooks to the hose with a rubber ring.

You're hooking it up to the one in the front driver side exterior compartment right?
Brian
I don't have a Force HD, just a Force 37BH. Can I add a quick disconnect air supply as in the HD . Is there an air manifold that I can tie into ? Thank You
RITAOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 08:05 AM   #4
Commercial Member

I don't know about that one off hand. We do air ride seats on the Force HD, so those might be easier to tie in to. I'd have to check with Freightliner to see if an aftermarket connection is available.

Old 05-22-2017, 10:32 AM   #5

freightliner added one to my force off the supply tank

Not all quick connects are the same so i learned. There are "P, T ,A, F, H M etc etc" style connections that all look the same but have different profiles.

my connector is a 3/8" H type
myhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 10:44 AM   #6

Mine is located in the battery compartment on the driver's side. Just seems as though the male end on the hose is too big for the female connection inside the quick connect. Myhorse may be onto something. Mine may be two different connection types?
Brian, no dust cover on mine.
Old 05-22-2017, 12:04 PM   #7

Maybe you have two different connectors. The most common are the Industrial and the Automotive. Harbor Freight carries both type. Home Depot and/or Lowes may as well.

Pullrite #2700 Superslider
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 2X2 diesel
2016 - 41 days (2,800 miles)
2017 - 31 days (3,014 miles) So far
GeoDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 01:42 PM   #8

Here is an example
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7229.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	417.5 KB
ID:	138730  
myhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 07:57 PM   #9

Problem Solved!

The person that tightened the quick connect on must have used pliers. To add insult to injury they tightened it by clamping onto the collar which crushed it so it wouldn't move/slide. Fixed that issue. Did some rust removal with some penetrating oil and silicone spray, and did a good cleaning with the wire wheel. Now it accepts the hose fitting just fine. Go figure!
Old 05-23-2017, 10:43 AM   #10
Commercial Member

That has been a topic of conversation here over the last couple of days because we don't install that line. MorRyde, our chassis stretch company runs that line, because I've asked about relocating it to be easier to find or maybe in a clean compartment. I'll go check a couple on the line, make sure they're not getting adjusted

Old 05-24-2017, 10:53 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoDude View Post
Maybe you have two different connectors. The most common are the Industrial and the Automotive. Harbor Freight carries both type. Home Depot and/or Lowes may as well.

I got an adapter to go from the 3/8 on my DX3 to the automotive 1/4 to match all my other tools and tire fillers.
dlfishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 06:02 AM   #12

I decided to use a steel braided leader hose to extend the line into inside the compartment. I'll use a rubber grommet in the hole. From there I'm going to mount a pressure regulator inside the compartment and use a new quick connect. I also ordered a high flow connector with 1/4" NPT threads so I can use the hose I had or the hose that came with the rig. I plan on getting this done over the long weekend along with a few other things:
1) Installing 3 more seat belts
2) Adding sides to the shelf in the cabinet over the wine rack so things don't fall over during travel
3) Finishing the fix of the DirecTV install
4) Building a picture frame for our digital clock to secure it to the wall so it does fall off during travel
Should be a busy weekend! I'll post some pics once I'm done.
Old 05-25-2017, 06:30 AM   #13

Sounds like a good weekend. I just cleaned up my jack pad feet and added a coating. Going to install jack pads tomorrow
Old 05-25-2017, 07:05 AM   #14

Another tip for the air fitting from the frame: Go to Lowes and buy a Mini Ball Valve (Similar to this): https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-NPT-...-4-in/50129814

Install this in-line. When you are ready to disconnect, turn the valve off - it will make it easier to disconnect and you will not have any high pressure "surprises"
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 02:14 PM   #15

Got the air connection moved into the compartment. Added a regulator. Used V style hi flow quick connects with 3/8" NPT threads on the hose I used with my other rig. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3540.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	394.4 KB
ID:	139210
Old 05-29-2017, 07:36 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post
Another tip for the air fitting from the frame: Go to Lowes and buy a Mini Ball Valve (Similar to this): https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-NPT-...-4-in/50129814

Install this in-line. When you are ready to disconnect, turn the valve off - it will make it easier to disconnect and you will not have any high pressure "surprises"
That's at the other end of the steel braided hose. Great minds think alike! :-)
Old 05-30-2017, 08:28 AM   #17

Very nice install. You do nice work!

Keep the ideas coming. I'm going to have to add this one to my list. Now to just find the time to do some of this stuff...