Old 10-31-2019, 01:27 PM   #1
GM

All good things must come to an e...transition?

At Forest River, we are a very de-centralized company, and that comes with a great number of advantages. For example, at Dynamax we are allowed to make positive changes as quickly as we can without layers upon layers of management approval. I can read something on here today and literally have it running down the line tomorrow.

However, there are also some disadvantages with that system. What might be a good idea here, does not always get passed on to other divisions. On the towable side, they have group GM's that oversee several division GM's and help bring some uniformity and best practices.

I have recently been asked to take on that role for the Forest River motorized divisions. Now, unlike towables, we only have four divisions. Sunseeker, Georgetown, Berkshire & Dynamax. So, the plan is for me to continue to be the GM here at Dynamax, while also finding synergies and/or best practices to implement at all of the divisions. One of the first things I wanted to do, is try and make sure that we have factory representation across all the motorized brands here on Forest River Forums. That is just the first, in what I hope will be MANY changes for the positive in product innovation, quality and support. But that also means I will be splitting time from one division to four.

So, while I will still be on here, I will also be asking someone to take over more of the day to day responses, while I try and get the other forum sections properly manned and up to speed on the rules.

So my apologies if it takes me a little longer to respond, but also, don't be surprised if the response does not always come from me.

All good and positive things happening!

Also, please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 01:36 PM   #2

10-4 congrats on the more work!

SteelStef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 01:37 PM   #3
PPST Wannabe

I donít even own a Dynamax (doesnít mean I donít want to own one) and Iíd like to be the first to wish you best of luck in your new endeavour.

If each of the four divisions can now acquire someone like yourself thatíll be a major step in the right direction.

Best of luck Brian....I hope Forest River knows how much of an asset you are to the corporation, and everything you bring to the team.

Ken and Terry
2010 Georgetown 330TS being pushed by our
2017 GMC Terrain toad (4 wheels down)
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 02:08 PM   #4

Congrats, Brian, and best of luck in the new role. Whoever you find to take over your day to day activities here will have some really big shoes to fill...your daily presence will be missed.
Old 10-31-2019, 02:14 PM   #5

Well deserved Brian....well deserved. Congrats Sir !
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 02:16 PM   #6
GM

Well, don't get me wrong, I don't get to quit my day job. But I'll be delegating (more like training on) the things that I can....and its high time we had some fresh factory faces on here.

The goal is to make sure that the future of this company is not dependent on the knowledge of a few individuals, but that we can just keep plugging in the right people, into a proven process.
Also, please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 02:19 PM   #7

Congrats and good luck.
US Army Veteran 🇺🇸
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 03:07 PM   #8

I am not surprised with your new responsibilities. FR would like to clone your style over other divisions. Your biggest problem will be for your new staff to think like BC and get the 'can do' attitude. It will take awhile, but you'll do it.
rskeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 03:40 PM   #9
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Congratulations on getting to wear another hat. (hope it comes with rewards!)

While I don't have a motorized division product, you are definitely a great resource for the FR folks and on this forum as well.
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '16=46 '17=30 '18=51 '19=50
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 04:05 PM   #10

Fantastic. I've got a much better chance of owning a motorized FR product than a Dynamax. I just got one step closer to owning a product supported by BC.

Congrats!
Skip12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 04:35 PM   #11

Congratulations but donít work yourself to death.

Now I wonít feel guilty if my next RV is not a Dynamax but one of your class Aís.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 04:50 PM   #12

Now I am starting to day dream about a short Georgetown on the upcoming Ford chassis.

Class A
27 to 30 feet.
Big shower.
TVís and satellite not important to all.
Kick a** solar.
With some of the amenities that wouldnít fit in a 28SS.
Of course with a better build than current production and Dynamax quality components.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Old 10-31-2019, 07:04 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
Now I am starting to day dream about a short Georgetown on the upcoming Ford chassis.

Class A
27 to 30 feet.
Big shower.
TVís and satellite not important to all.
Kick a** solar.
With some of the amenities that wouldnít fit in a 28SS.
Of course with a better build than current production and Dynamax quality components.

X2! What is this Coach you speak of? I would love to see a 27' Class A just as you describe above. As long as BC is around to keep us company
Old 10-31-2019, 07:27 PM   #14
Retired Army Paratrooper

Awesome Brian, I figured it was just a matter of time until you would have to share all your awesome knowledge.
MasterBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 07:35 PM   #15

Congrats! Well deserved and a great position for them to put you in to affect even more change for the positive.

It's pretty clear you enjoy being here so no worries that you wont be around. You'd miss us too much.

https://fourwhl.com - Traveling the country in our DX3 for the next year
FOURWHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 07:40 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barch View Post
X2! What is this Coach you speak of? I would love to see a 27' Class A just as you describe above. As long as BC is around to keep us company
Now we are stealing his thread but he can cause one to be built in his new job.

Before we bought our Dynamax REV we we looking at Thor Axis/Vegas models. The design had big flaws and build quality was BAD. For about the same price we bought the REV and the difference is humongous.

Thor had a good idea with them being like an A but smaller. But didnít deliver. I believe they sold a bunch but they were too crappy for me.

For us, you get more usable space in the same length as a C and ideally no head banger above the cockpit.

Both my wife and myself have multiple concussions so head banging is not good. Even with all the head clearance the REV offers we will occasionally bang our heads.
Old 10-31-2019, 08:17 PM   #17

Brian,

Congratulations on the promotion to GM Motorized Divisions and the additional responsibilities!

Great recognition for all the work you have done at Dynamax, listening to all the feedback from us customers, helping us when we have an issue, guiding the team in making great products, and always putting the customer first.

Don't forget about us when you become President.

Pat
Old 10-31-2019, 09:18 PM   #18
GB1

Congrata! We have learned a lot from you while waiting on our coach. We’re taking delivery of our 2020 Dynaquest XL 3801TS on November 9. Our dealer introduced us to Jared Graber early on and he has been invaluable to us in this process. We’d love to keep hearing from him, maybe on this forum.
GB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 12:24 AM   #19

Congrats and don't be a stranger around here. One of the things I really liked after buying my Isata3 was having the "big guy" here to answer questions. That wasn't the case with any of the other RVs I've owned.
kjburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 06:32 AM   #20

Brian congrats and they picked a really good person for the job, we all hope that maybe in some BIG meeting with all the higher ups you can convince all brands to visit the forums and learn from the folks that use their units to help better their product.

dblr is offline   Reply With Quote