Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-08-2018, 08:10 AM   #1
Isata-3 FW

Question Anderson Valve Settings (Isata-3)

Exactly what is the difference in the City Water setting and the Winterize setting?
Does “Winterize” just enable the water pump to pull liquid from the City Water inlet rather than the water tank?
Jack McCord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 08:54 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack McCord View Post
Exactly what is the difference in the City Water setting and the Winterize setting?
Does “Winterize” just enable the water pump to pull liquid from the City Water inlet rather than the water tank?

You have it right Jack.

One tip is to make sure that you relieve the water pressure from the Anderson valve before switching positions. I just turn off the RV park water supply spigot and loosen the hose connection a bit so the pressure bleeds off, or if on "Dry Camping" turn the pump off first before moving the Anderson valve.

I learned that the hard way

Dave
caswelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 09:24 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by caswelld View Post
You have it right Jack.

One tip is to make sure that you relieve the water pressure from the Anderson valve before switching positions. I just turn off the RV park water supply spigot and loosen the hose connection a bit so the pressure bleeds off, or if on "Dry Camping" turn the pump off first before moving the Anderson valve.

I learned that the hard way

Dave
Before turning the valve I relieve the pressure by opening the low point drain. Just a quick open and close after turning off the park water supply or the pump when not hooked up. Mines an RW so the low point drains are in the same bay as the Anderson valve. I’m nor sure how the FWs are set up. I know the Anderson valves are different because mine doesn’t have a winterize position.
US Army Veteran 🇺🇸
Previous coach 2017 Isata 3RW
Also,3 Diesel pushers, 1Bvan, 2 class Cs
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 09:37 AM   #4

On the I-3FW the low point drains are on the passenger side. But that's a good idea.
caswelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 01:24 PM   #5

On my 2019 ISATA 3 FW I just turn off the water pump using the switch next to the Anderson Valve and then relieve the water pressure by briefly opening and then closing the external shower which is also next to the Anderson Valve. I then change the Anderson Valve position as needed.
Barch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 04:52 PM   #6

I learned the hard way as well. The pressure situation is what is important. In most cases the after purchase walk-thru won't have any discussion into the matter from the dealer. Unless you put some kind of reminder near the outside shower it's easy to forget things once your trip is over and you switch back to System without first taking pressure off from the City input. It may not bust out the O-ring but then again might after enough times so take things slowly and if you're like me have a reminder present until it becomes second hand.
Old 12-08-2018, 05:46 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Davis View Post
Before turning the valve I relieve the pressure by opening the low point drain. Just a quick open and close after turning off the park water supply or the pump when not hooked up. Mines an RW so the low point drains are in the same bay as the Anderson valve. I’m nor sure how the FWs are set up. I know the Anderson valves are different because mine doesn’t have a winterize position.
They must make these coaches using whatever parts they have available at the time. My 2017 RW's Anderson valve has a winterize position. It is hard to read the printing, but it's located at the 3 o'clock position. It doesn't have a fitting on it to hook up an air hose to blow out the lines though. The hole is there, but there isn't anything on the back side of it.
dr911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 10:11 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr911 View Post
They must make these coaches using whatever parts they have available at the time. My 2017 RW's Anderson valve has a winterize position. It is hard to read the printing, but it's located at the 3 o'clock position. It doesn't have a fitting on it to hook up an air hose to blow out the lines though. The hole is there, but there isn't anything on the back side of it.
Maybe I should look closer because I’ve not ever turned it to the 3:00 position. Mine has the empty hole there as well. I blow out the lines through the hose fill inlet. It hard to read the black lettering on the black valve in the black hole where it’s installed.
US Army Veteran 🇺🇸
Previous coach 2017 Isata 3RW
Also,3 Diesel pushers, 1Bvan, 2 class Cs
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 07:31 AM   #9
Isata-3 FW

Anderson Valve Warning

Thanks for the warning. I‘m placing a WARNING message by my Anderson valve to relieve pressure BEFORE changing the valve setting. This forum is the best and has taught me way more than the dealer orientation.

“LLL”, Long Learning.
Jack McCord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 03:59 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr911 View Post
There are a couple of other threads about that hole. If I recall correctly it is not for air. Dynamax hooked up the Anderson valve a little differently so that hole is not used.

On mine the hole is sealed.

The 3 O’clock is the winterizing position.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 04:37 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
There are a couple of other threads about that hole. If I recall correctly it is not for air. Dynamax hooked up the Anderson valve a little differently so that hole is not used.

On mine the hole is sealed.

The 3 O’clock is the winterizing position.
My hole is labeled for air and it isn't sealed. This Anderson valve is probably used on other models that use the air port - my best guess.
dr911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 06:02 PM   #12

I think BC posted some time ago that on the ISATA 3 they moved the fresh water hook up to the outside of the coach to avoid water leaks inside the compartment. See attached:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Anderson Valve .pdf (485.5 KB, 167 views)
Barch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 08:14 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barch View Post
I think BC posted some time ago that on the ISATA 3 they moved the fresh water hook up to the outside of the coach to avoid water leaks inside the compartment. See attached:

Yes, I believe you are correct. That is what I was trying to recall.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 09:46 AM   #14

You are correct in your recollection of the fresh water input being on the outside vice what had been used for many years previously. From what BC had mentioned the hole has nothing behind it and he had mentioned to Dynamax to change the cover so that the hole was sealed.

Tags
valve