Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-23-2018, 11:54 AM   #1
ETF

Another Aquahot Question.

I'm in a DX3 37TS and still can't get the Aquahot to work as intended. It's been in to the dealer once because it wouldn't heat at all on "electric" and they found a loose wire. I thought that was it was fixed but obviously not.

On our last trip, we got to the campground and got everything hooked up. I switched the Aquahot on electric. After 30 minutes I went out and checked the bay. The "Low Battery Voltage " cutoff light was on. This has happened before and was the reason that I went out and checked. I reset it and everything appeared good except that 4 hours later there wasn't even any luke warm water. It took 6 hours to get any warm water at the tap. The next time I tried to use it on electric it took about 12 hours to heat the water. It never worked at all after that. It's not a deal breaker as it works so well when on the "diesel burner" but it is annoying. I'm one of those people where if a coach has a feature, I want it to work but if the feature is absent, I can work around it.

Before next spring I'm going to put the DX3 in to have steering stabilizers installed and I'll get them to check it again but I was just looking for any ideas or thoughts that you might come up with.

Also, I thought that the "low battery voltage" cutoff was only active when operating on diesel as a safety feature and not at all when on electric but I may be wrong about that.
ETF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 12:22 PM   #2

I think you would be better off by looking for an Aquahot service guy in your area. They usually have mobile service trucks. The guy I used drove 30 miles and thought nothing about it. His service charge was $55.
rskeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 12:23 PM   #3

I don’t have Aquahot, but have read of several owners who got service directly from Aquahot under warranty. Since you have already had a less than successful experience with the dealer, you might want to contact Aquahot directly.
milkman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 01:42 PM   #4

If you have a low voltage battery red light, you can manually reset it.

go to AquaHot.com and download the 400D service manual.

go to page 39 thru 41 and it will tell you about resetting the low voltage

battery. As said before, you can call Aqua Hot and they will help you over

the phone.
joet19711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 01:47 PM   #5

After reading the post better, I see that you have done the reset.

Check the DC there on the board and see what voltage you have there.
joet19711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 07:05 PM   #6
ETF

Thank you guys. I have a ton of stuff to do around the house and property since we have been gone much of the summer and fall. Once I get caught up I will give them a call and see what we can work out. We probably won't be going anywhere in the RV until spring. Thank you for your advice.
ETF is offline   Reply With Quote