Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-07-2019, 11:08 AM   #1

Another battery question

I’m pretty sure it’s time to replace my house batteries . They are about 6 years old. There are three batteries with a part number of 8A4D/T975, 1110 CCA , 198 ah@20H. Don’t see a brand on the Battery. Looking around online I see prices anywhere from 300 to 600 dollars. Is there any real difference in battery brands if the specs are the same?
Jacksonjack1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 04:00 PM   #2
Commercial Member

We use the East Penn/Deka Intimidator AGM batteries.

Does it matter? Yes/No...you get what you pay for. AGM's are more forgiving than flooded and maintenance free. But they will be more money than flooded.

And make sure it is a true "Deep Cycle" and not a hybrid.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 09:28 AM   #3
Love my Rev

those are large batteries , found yours on ebay for $650 each plus shipping / I bought same size from VMAX for $400 each ( 200ah ) and free shipping
steve32409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 10:15 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve32409 View Post
those are large batteries , found yours on ebay for $650 each plus shipping / I bought same size from VMAX for $400 each ( 200ah ) and free shipping

I purchased the same group 31 agm Duracell from sams club - two reasons 1- I was not aware deka was the brand indicated by dynamax 2- sams clubs are everywhere and I felt if I needed warranty it would be easy to access.
Old 12-23-2019, 10:23 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpheifer View Post
I purchased the same group 31 agm Duracell from sams club - two reasons 1- I was not aware deka was the brand indicated by dynamax 2- sams clubs are everywhere and I felt if I needed warranty it would be easy to access.
The Duracell is private labeled but the exact same battery internally manufactured by Deka (East Penn).

Duracell Group 31 AGM
Magnatudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 10:29 AM   #6
Love my Rev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpheifer View Post
Sams club - I did too , for about $100 each ( I use two of these ) / but his were almost twice as big as these and he had 3 of those also .
steve32409 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery