Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

View Poll Results: Would you want Forward Collision, Lane Departure warning for $1275 MSRP?
Yes 26 68.42%
No 12 31.58%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-18-2016, 02:57 PM   #21
Commercial Member

You can get it installed aftermarket. I'd check their website for installers. They have all the parameters set up for the M2 and Ram 5500.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 07:51 PM   #22

Money well spent Brian
WYOpacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 09:21 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Mobileye 5-Series collision avoidance features include:
Forward Collision Warning
Pedestrian Collision Warning
Headway Monitoring Warning
Lane Departure Warning
Brian,
We are condsidering ordering a Isata 5 36DSD from DeMartini soon and would love the Mobil eye option as we have it on our Winnebago Via and love it.
Regards
Stephen
Isatago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 08:50 AM   #24
Commercial Member

They just recently got the parameters set up for the Ram 5500. Just tell the guys from Demartini that you want it. We have an option code set up and can price out the order with it in there. Its not an official option at this time, but we are ready for special orders.

Old 02-20-2017, 09:49 AM   #25

Can you install this system it in a coach that is near completion at your factory?
JRM63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 09:53 AM   #26
Commercial Member

I'm not 100% sure. I think we have Mobile Eye come in and install it at some point during the process. If it's an Isata 5, I don't think its a big deal since we don't tie into any of the systems. If its anything else, we would not be able to tie it into the new head unit. It would have its own separate display.

Old 02-20-2017, 09:57 AM   #27

It is on a DX3 and it would fine if it were a separate display as long as it fits within the dash panel
Old 02-20-2017, 10:03 AM   #28
Commercial Member

If its a DX3 with special request paint, I think its pretty close to done. its the only one I see that says "Mann".

Old 02-20-2017, 10:13 AM   #29

That's the one. Can you install this system in this coach?
Old 02-20-2017, 10:15 AM   #30
Commercial Member

Get with your dealer asap for quote and confirmation. it might add a few days, but we should be able to add it.

Old 02-20-2017, 10:17 AM   #31

I will and Thank you for the quick response
Old 02-20-2017, 11:48 AM   #32

In addition to my yes vote on the poll, I have been specifying what I call the "Old Man Technology Package" on all of our vehicles as soon as they became available.

B/u cameras, lane departure warning, adaptive cruise control (which is a real antifatigue helper), pre-collision warning and braking, blind-spot monitoring, etc.

I want all of the help I can get.
Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 11:53 AM   #33

Forward Collision Warning
Pedestrian Collision Warning
Headway Monitoring Warning
Lane Departure Warning

Personally, none of those features are desirable for myself. What is more desirable is getting a good sleep, limiting the number of travel hours, and avoiding as much semi traffic as possible by choice of hours driven, roads chosen, and weather conditions.

Back up monitor is very valuable, as much so on a car. (the only old man technology that makes sense to me, though I have never had a problem)

ME5 should be an option for those who want it. If one thinks that makes them a safe driver they might want to reconsider whether they should be driving or not. That stuff is only valuable if you are not wide awake and focused - telling you that you should stop driving until you get some rest...which means your real problem is your driving judgment is impaired.

As of my rental trip in a 24ft C, the value of mobility in a shorter unit was made clear to me as well as driving short hours. I saw a truck and long trailer try to pull out of a Starbucks located in a small retail center. He ended up running both sides of his trailer over cement dividers before he got out of what he should never have gotten into. Unclear how much damage he did.

That said, after a good nights sleep at the end of my rental trip, I still think there is some value of simply traveling from one temporary private hookup location to another with a long quality used diesel pusher, and then doing what one wants in a towed vehicle. In other words focusing on a bit different type of mobility and shorter hours on the road.

Reducing the number of big semis per hour on the road that we encountered seemed to be more important to my wife as she hates them with a passion = staying off the interstates as much as possible.
Philos3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 02:47 PM   #34

Speaking of semi's, my last one was a brand spanking new Volvo 670. Yep, it had mobile eye. At first I hated it because it constantly alerted me to this or that...and the dispatcher got those alerts. Over time I realized I became more attentive and worked at reducing the alerts which ended up putting cash in my pocket for safe driving.
2009 Ram 2500 5.7/3:73
cmac7203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 07:55 PM   #35
Señor Miembro

I just asked the local Porland,OR freightliner dealer if he could retrofit something like that and he said they are "cost prohibitive" to add after the factory build.
Rancher Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 09:53 PM   #36
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancher Rob View Post
I just asked the local Porland,OR freightliner dealer if he could retrofit something like that and he said they are "cost prohibitive" to add after the factory build.
Interesting, because we just had one installed by our local Mobileye rep.

Maybe they are thinking of their Wabco system. That is different and considerably more money as it is adaptive cruise and active breaking. Mobileye is not. Just audible alerts. You might need to clarify what he is referring to as Mobileye is not a Freightliner installed part.

Old 05-24-2020, 11:09 PM   #37
Viet Nam era Navy veteran

Wolf does not need another nagging system

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfishing View Post
To really be effective it needs to be designed into the vehicle as it works with the cruise control and the brakes as the systems we have will apply the brakes if we don't.
All a Mobileye does is squawk & then the driver has to figure out what action to take or not take.

An electronic system should tie into the brakes, cruise control (adaptive), throttle, and ideally the steering system. Unless a safety system can do all of the above, Wolf is not interested.

Not very interested in driving a car with such systems if my motor coach won't have the same systems. Driver may rely on a system that isn't there!
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fury right side at lake.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	155.8 KB
ID:	229820

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200503_154138 (2).jpg
Views:	52
Size:	294.9 KB
ID:	229821

Let's Roll !
Wolf Alaska

Fury, Dynamax Freightliner Columbia Grand Sport GT GC400GT
Papa Bear, Jeep Commander Overland
Wolf Alaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 10:13 AM   #38

I don't own a Dynamax unit so, you can take my opinion as a grain of salt. But I think the cost is out of line with what is out in the market place today.

I just purchased a new Garmin GPS unit with lifetime maps for $531. The 785 Garmin provides forward collision warning with lane departure and provides warnings when the speed limit changes. There is also a dash cam in the unit that will record videos to SD card for you. This will also link to your phone if you so, choose. All of these features can be either turned on or off as the user so, choose!
Old 05-26-2020, 06:11 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post

Just curious to see what kind of interest there might be as a factory option.

Forward Collision Warning (Mobileye FCW)
Pedestrian Collision Warning (Mobileye PCW)
Headway Monitoring Warning (Mobileye HMW)
Lane Departure Warning (Mobileye LDW)
This would not be a deal breaker or maker for me, but adaptive cruise control and active breaking is an option I greatly desire as a manufacture installed option.
Old 05-26-2020, 06:50 AM   #40

Window replacement is a problem?

I think this thread started asking interest in mobile eye. I read some posts where people who had mobile eye (original equipment on their RV) and got window damage (rocks). They had trouble finding someone to replace the window and it was very expensive to redo mobile eye. Just relaying, warranty wouldn't be involved. Not sure how insurance claims are handled.
jentwistle is offline   Reply With Quote