Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2018, 03:27 PM   #41

dump hose length ?

OK, I need to trap into the vast amount of experience here.

What I have in hand: I have a 50 foot roll of 1 inch clear vinyl hose, Enough poly cam lock fittings to make 3 different lengths of hose with caps and plugs for the fittings on each.

The question: If you were going to make 3 different lengths of hose, to cover the most often encountered required length of hose, What would those lengths be?

Remember, I only have 50 feet of tubing available and 3 pair male/female connector sets, plus plugs, caps and macerator adapter fittings. More hose and fitting procurement is QED, I think 50 feet should cover most any dump situation I'm likely to encounter, What say the smart pigs?

The tubing is chemical grade and I will sanitize, then plug/cap each length of hose for stowage in a tote, along with all the other required parts and pieces to "unwaste" the 5er. The tote(s) will ride in a bed locker with the fuel transfer pump and hose/nozzle, for use with the AUX diesel tanks. (the various hookups will require a bit more setup time, but nothing is exposed to the elements while stowed.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance, for the redgineering help.

Paul
shooter51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 07:52 PM   #42

When I was using 3" gravity dump hose I never had to use an extension with the accordion type hose, I think it stretched out to 20'. But I always used RV dumps then. I've been able to reach RV dumps so far just with the macerator hose too. I only use the garden hose extension when I dump into the septic at home, and that's 75'. I would just use the full 50' for now. You can always shorten it later if it's unwieldy and you never need the full length.

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
RV Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:42 AM   #43

Is this a test question? LOL
tdemeyer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 10:03 AM   #44

I’ve honestly never used anything but the black sanicon hose. The coach is on wheels after all.
Old 05-23-2018, 02:33 PM   #45

Wow, this is the longest thread I've ever seen about a macerator hose...LOL. I've had 6 RV's, trust me, use the macerator hose, I only wish they had these before...

It's quick, simple and much cleaner. No disconnecting, no fuss, no muss. I don't turn on the switch when dumping the gray but it'll clean up the hose just ind.

Mark
Orangecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 02:37 PM   #46

The only thing I don't like about the Macerator hose is that there is no 'clear' fitting to see if your black tank flush is complete.
rskeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 02:48 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by rskeans View Post
The only thing I don't like about the Macerator hose is that there is no 'clear' fitting to see if your black tank flush is complete.
While it isn't "clear", it is clear when it's empty by the change in pitch of the motor. You'll know when it's empty in a hurry...lol.

Mark
Orangecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 04:07 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangecrush View Post
While it isn't "clear", it is clear when it's empty by the change in pitch of the motor. You'll know when it's empty in a hurry...lol.

Mark
True, but that doesn't mean that the tank black flush water is running clear. Prior to the macerator system my habit was to run the black tank flush until all water from the black tank was clear. Not everything is dumped when the initial black tank emptying is completed.

I guess that is just my way to insure that all residuals are indeed dumped.
rskeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 04:18 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by rskeans View Post
True, but that doesn't mean that the tank black flush water is running clear. Prior to the macerator system my habit was to run the black tank flush until all water from the black tank was clear. Not everything is dumped when the initial black tank emptying is completed.

I guess that is just my way to insure that all residuals are indeed dumped.
Get a 12" piece of clear 1" vinyl hose at Home Depot. Put a male garden hose fitting on one end and female on the other. You can attach this to the macerator head and just leave it on, put the macerator 1" cap on the male end of the hose. Now you can see if its running clear and still use the original cap to keep the small hose from dripping.

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
RV Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 04:21 PM   #50

Ive been toying with installing a clear pvc elbow to route the tube coming out of the sanicon. Will get around to it eventually...

Btw clear pvc is ridiculously expensive. Like 10x of the white stuff

Tags
black