Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2017, 10:55 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
judy3972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 218
Send a message via MSN to judy3972
There was a work around ( at least on our DX3).
The light green wire needed to be grounded. There is a thread on here somewhere. Good Luck
__________________

__________________
Life's a journey, enjoy the trip.

Phoenix, Az.
judy3972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 11:29 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 279
Mine has a camera mounted over the rear view mirror with a rear and side cameras, works great. Here are a few options.
Digital Wireless Backup Camera System Kit, IP69K Waterproof Wireless Rear View Camera + 7íí LCD Wireless Reversing Monitor for Trailer, RV, Bus, Trucks, Horse-trailer, School Bus, Farm Machine,etc https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071WW8Q8M..._IIe2zbHT5FY8B

Or the lock-pick that will allow you to turn the Ram camera on all the time. It notes it's not compatible with the dual camera system but the 5500 only comes with a single camera.
https://www.coastaletech.com/uconnectairv2.htm
__________________

vrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 04:33 PM   #23
Member
 
IsataMatata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: NC
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Nope. Other than a whole new camera and monitor. The camera that is back there is a stock Dodge Ram 5500 backup camera. Runs the wiring through the Dodge harness. I see no way to tie into that without CANbuc communication. That's why we went to a completely independent solution.


How do I know which camera system I have? I have a 2018 I5 on a 2017 5500. Right now backup camera works when backing only, but dealer thinks thereís a wiring correction.
IsataMatata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 05:02 PM   #24
Tiltin Hilton
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Discovery Bay
Posts: 41
Does your camera/monitor only come on in reverse? If so there is a extra wire from the Monitor that ties into Back up light circuit near monitor. When in reverse, the camera may be powered in rear or the monitor may get power from this circuit under the dash. Remove that wire from that circuit and connect to power on wire from camera or Ignition on hot circuit. That would keep "on all the time" situation. Without more info, I'm suggesting without checking out in detail PM for details
drmoparPHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 06:25 PM   #25
GM
 
bclemens's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Elkhart, IN
Posts: 9,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffery butler View Post
How do I know which camera system I have? I have a 2018 I5 on a 2017 5500. Right now backup camera works when backing only, but dealer thinks thereís a wiring correction.
If you have side cameras on an Isata 5, then you have the new back up camera. For those posting about changing the reverse wire, that is on everything BUT the Ram 5500. Ram 5500 is the only unit that we run the stock stereo (8.4" uConnect) They do not offer a radio delete because so many things are controlled via the CANbus which is tied unit that radio. The reverse signal is not an analog power wire, but is just a signal through the CANbus. So we had to have a module developed that would read the left/right/reverse signals and convert that to a normal 12v signal to activate normal 12v side and reverse cameras. The only way to get "all time" back up view on the early Ram 5500 is through a software command that Ram tells me is not available on the Cab chassis. Or, use a wired/wireless monitor/camera system that just comes on when you push the power button.
__________________
Please READ the entire thread before posting to keep comments relevant.
Also, please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 10:28 AM   #26
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
If you have side cameras on an Isata 5, then you have the new back up camera. For those posting about changing the reverse wire, that is on everything BUT the Ram 5500. Ram 5500 is the only unit that we run the stock stereo (8.4" uConnect) They do not offer a radio delete because so many things are controlled via the CANbus which is tied unit that radio. The reverse signal is not an analog power wire, but is just a signal through the CANbus. So we had to have a module developed that would read the left/right/reverse signals and convert that to a normal 12v signal to activate normal 12v side and reverse cameras. The only way to get "all time" back up view on the early Ram 5500 is through a software command that Ram tells me is not available on the Cab chassis. Or, use a wired/wireless monitor/camera system that just comes on when you push the power button.


Brian I have a 2018 with the side view cameras on my unit but canít figure out how to get the rear view monitor to come on when in drive. was this fixed on the 2018?
ctboatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 11:26 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
Kenny kustom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 3,463
A few points.
You cannot replace the radio in a ram with the 8.4 screen.

Custromix from Europe has a jailbreak software update that allows video to be on at any time.
I had it on my 2500. I could switch between rear cam and front cam at will.
It also turns on front cam when under 10kph in drive. Really handy.
__________________
2017 Dynamax Isata 4
Kenny kustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 11:29 AM   #28
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 99
Kenny. I have tried contacting them but they told me that I would need some electrical engineering abilities to change the canbus woring
Ctoth11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 12:18 PM   #29
GM
 
bclemens's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Elkhart, IN
Posts: 9,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctboatman View Post
Brian I have a 2018 with the side view cameras on my unit but canít figure out how to get the rear view monitor to come on when in drive. was this fixed on the 2018?
I just walked out to one. Fired up the engine. Hit the power button the monitor (this is clipped over the existing Dodge rear view mirror) and the rear camera popped right up.

Can you post a picture of what you are looking at so we're all on the same page?
__________________
Please READ the entire thread before posting to keep comments relevant.
Also, please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 04:33 PM   #30
Member
 
IsataMatata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: NC
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I just walked out to one. Fired up the engine. Hit the power button the monitor (this is clipped over the existing Dodge rear view mirror) and the rear camera popped right up.



Can you post a picture of what you are looking at so we're all on the same page?


Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1974.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	223.4 KB
ID:	153814

Attached picture is monitor hooked to my 2018 I5. When I push the button nothing happens, backup works in reverse and side cameras when work when turning. Dealer thinks itís a wiring harness issue. But we have not confirmed service appointment yet.
__________________

IsataMatata is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
back up camera

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:33 AM.