Old 10-09-2017, 04:40 PM   #31
GM

Engine running I assume? Then yes, sounds like the power button is not wired up right.

Also, please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 04:20 PM   #32
GM

FYI. Electrical engineer just gave me some input. I guess, the REVERSE signal is in AV 1. The POWER ON is like AV two. IF the camera comes on in reverse...but NOT when you hit the power button. Hit the power button and hit the AV or source button to change the source. I just gave someone a harness today to repair one and they are probably wasting their time.

Also, please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
Old 10-11-2017, 05:34 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctoth11 View Post
Kenny. I have tried contacting them but they told me that I would need some electrical engineering abilities to change the canbus woring

Iím not sure what needs to be changed.
Itís a simple software program.
Old 10-11-2017, 07:32 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
FYI. Electrical engineer just gave me some input. I guess, the REVERSE signal is in AV 1. The POWER ON is like AV two. IF the camera comes on in reverse...but NOT when you hit the power button. Hit the power button and hit the AV or source button to change the source. I just gave someone a harness today to repair one and they are probably wasting their time.
When in reverse, camera comes on and display says AV2. When in drive (or park), power button does nothing, AV button does nothing.
Old 10-11-2017, 11:35 PM   #35
GM

He says hit "power", it won't look like it turns on, but it does, then hit AV.
Old 10-12-2017, 05:58 AM   #36

Quote:
He says hit "power", it won't look like it turns on, but it does, then hit AV.
Yes, tried that. Nothing happened. We're going back out Friday and will try again. Otherwise, our service appointment is scheduled for December. Thanks for your assistance.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:41 AM   #37
GM

I've got some additional info as well.

Whenever we have an issue with the back up camera it is one of a few things.

1. If the camera comes on IN REVERSE, but it will not power on its own. Turn the key on. Hit he power button and then hit the AV button to change the source. For whatever reason there is no power light, but if there is no image you need to change that to AV2 or the other source to see it while driving. We have made a correction to this going forward so it should work either way.

2. If it DOES NOT power up AND Does not come on in reverse. The first place to check is the A pillar. There is a 1amp inline glass fuse there.

3.If its not the fuse, check the Yellow RCA cables also in that A pillar area. See attached harness schematic and picture.

4. If it is none of those, then it could be the 10AMP fuse in the harness. I don't think we've ever seen that one blow, but just in case.

Lastly, If not of that is the issue, then maybe the chassis thinks you shouldn't be distracted by a back up camera image and its just looking out for your safety
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0732.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	282.3 KB
ID:	154058   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0733.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	289.0 KB
ID:	154059  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Ram Back UP Harness.pdf (850.1 KB, 9 views)
Old 10-21-2017, 01:56 PM   #38

Quote:

Brian I tried that method and the mirror does not power up. Only when in reverse or with side blinkers. Do you know if there is a work around to get the mirror power?
ctboatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 02:19 PM   #39
J B

Not sure about factory cameras, but I just got this stand-alone one for $70. I wired it to my camper marker light so it comes on with the parking lights instead of the back-up lights. Haven't done an actual road test yet, but worked ok in the driveway. .......for $70 I figured I'd try it. (only 2 wires to hook up on the camera, the monitor plugs into cig lighter... they connect wirelessly)

https://peakauto.com/products/electr...amera-35-inch/
J B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 10:02 AM   #40
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctboatman View Post
Brian I tried that method and the mirror does not power up. Only when in reverse or with side blinkers. Do you know if there is a work around to get the mirror power?
If it is working in reverse and with side cameras, it has power. So hitting the power button while in drive or park and changing the AV source should do it. If not, then it could be a loose AV connection, thus the yellow wires in the A pillar as shown in the picture.

Tags
back up camera