Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-02-2019, 06:01 PM   #1

Backup camera problem

I have a 2019 Dynamax Isata 5. 30 FW. The BOYO rear camera just shows a blue screen when in reverse it worked when i first got the coach and now it does not the dealer is having trouble fixing it. Does anyone have any ideas??
Zoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 08:28 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoey View Post
I have a 2019 Dynamax Isata 5. 30 FW. The BOYO rear camera just shows a blue screen when in reverse it worked when i first got the coach and now it does not the dealer is having trouble fixing it. Does anyone have any ideas??
It is more than likely just a loose connection. See this post for the location of the module. Ensure all of the RCA jacks are plugged in tightly.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...as-157065.html

2018 Isata 5 DS
sseaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 09:45 AM   #3

Rear view camera

Where is the module located in a 2019 dynamax Isata 5 on the ram chassis it looks like it under the drivers seat in the pictures. I think a loose connection is very possible
Old 03-03-2019, 06:42 PM   #4

Hello Zoey.. I have a 2104 DYNAMAX ISATA F310 and the Backup Camera is connected to a Switching Module that switches between Left, Right, and Backup Camera. My Switching Module is located in the Wall Section Panel behind the TV in the Over The Cab Bunk Area.
Do the Left and Right Cameras work? If So equipped.. I am not sure if DYNAMAX still uses Riverparkinc.com for the Camera and Infotainment Electronics but Riverpark was very helpful and sent me a replacement Camera and Switching Module to aid in my repair. Unfortunately for me. The Problem was the 60 Meter cable was damage during installation and I had to run a new cable. Perhaps Brian can weigh in and provide current Isata 5 Specific Location. That said, Good Luck and Happy Camping
JAKEMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 06:43 PM   #5

Should be in the same place. On the bottom of the center console.

2018 Isata 5 DS
sseaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 09:13 AM   #6

They do still use riverpark. The camera was replaced and still does not work however it did work for three or four months after buying the coach however it was in black and white not color i always thought their was something wrong with it. The dealer is so busy can’t get it in to work on
Old 03-04-2019, 09:15 AM   #7

I would really like to find the location of the switching unit that way i could test the wiring for the camera i will look today under the drivers seat and behind the TV in the overhead bed area
Old 03-04-2019, 09:24 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoey View Post
I would really like to find the location of the switching unit that way i could test the wiring for the camera i will look today under the drivers seat and behind the TV in the overhead bed area
It is behind the lower plastic panel in the center of the vehicle, over the transmission hump. The panel pulls up and away from the center of the lower dash. Once you remove the panel it is tucked into the space between the metal dash brackets and the carpet. If you don't find it let me know and I will remove mine and send you some pictures.
I5PhilGa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 03:52 PM   #9

Hello Zoey If you are hesitant about diving into the unit and ripping things apart perhaps finding a really good Car Stereo Installer that would be better than taking it to a clueless dealer that may cause other issues. At least those guys, for the most part, have a passion for what they do. Perhaps it might be a good idea to get an extra cable and connect one end to the Camera Switching Module and the other end to the Camera Connection. They are not that expensive.. I purchased the Cable and within minutes diagnosed that my Cable was bad. Replacing it was no easy task and all the Forums were telling me to drill through the floor and run underneath the chassis and then up to the Camera. I am somewhat of a perfectionist and could not bring myself to do that.

Good Luck..
Maybe it will be something simple but just know that it can be at the other end of the Spectrum.
JAKEMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 09:51 PM   #10

My 2017 isata 5 does not work at all. I have power and ground is there a upgraded monitor or a way to hook this camer to factory ucannect thanks Rick
Master Ricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 06:38 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Ricky View Post
My 2017 isata 5 does not work at all. I have power and ground is there a upgraded monitor or a way to hook this camer to factory ucannect thanks Rick

To hook to the factory uconnect you would need a wiring harness adapter, do some rewiring, and reprogram the body computer of the chassis. The problem you would have is that the rear view camera gets shut off over about 7mph.
Old 08-08-2022, 06:39 AM   #12

Another option though would be to jailbreak the radio with products from customtronix. I have their stuff on my 2014 2500 to ad a front camera which I can select any time. You could do similar probably and then wire it to the existing rear camera and manually select it.
Old 08-08-2022, 07:43 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak480 View Post
Another option though would be to jailbreak the radio with products from customtronix. I have their stuff on my 2014 2500 to ad a front camera which I can select any time. You could do similar probably and then wire it to the existing rear camera and manually select it.
I will check that out. This unit only 16 k miles on it keep in door. Just picked it up two weeks ago
Master Ricky is offline   Reply With Quote