Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2019, 10:49 AM   #1

black water tank

sometimes we get significant odors from our blackwater tank and had it checked by a local rv repair shop. they performed a flood test and said that as the tank filled it swelled and pulled away at the top. they also said that all of the brackets holding the tank were secure. has anyone else had a similar problem? been waiting for about 2 weeks for a response from the factory.
Dick Skeers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 11:05 AM   #2

Yes, since day one with trailer............3 folks tried to fix it. Finally they had to replumb the entire discharge tube where it comes out of black tank. This is what they TRIED to do before that..........pic attached. It was dripping where the adapter was attached to black tank itself.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Blacktank1.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	209.8 KB
ID:	212153  

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 11:06 AM   #3

I mistakenly read this as being in a different Forum. I didn't see it was a Motorhome, so my comments might not even apply. Sorry............my mistake.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 04:21 PM   #4

I had odor in the bathroom of my Isata 4 25FW; generally quite mild, but once terrible on a hot day. The occasional mild odor was present from the time I took delivery, but I almost always had the tanks drained. But then during a long trip I had leakage into the compartments below. You can see the story here:
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ml#post2161468

Also see this for more detail:
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...-166160-8.html
Old 08-12-2019, 05:32 PM   #5
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Skeers View Post
sometimes we get significant odors from our blackwater tank and had it checked by a local rv repair shop. they performed a flood test and said that as the tank filled it swelled and pulled away at the top. they also said that all of the brackets holding the tank were secure. has anyone else had a similar problem? been waiting for about 2 weeks for a response from the factory.
Weren't you at the factory? I assume that was not an issue when you were in then?

The other issue it could be is if the 360 vent up on top does not have the internal collar...My guys check there first if it is a tank smell.

When you say "waiting two weeks" who are you calling or emailing? In about 99% of all situations where someone says they are waiting for more 48 hours, it is either an old email, or for a while we had a phone issue where an extension (when transferred from Corporate) was going to a voicemail box no one used.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 10:15 PM   #6

Quote:

I have gotten this on occasion. I replaced the toilet ball seal thinking this was the issue. Still happened. Someone on here said to let the toilet slam shut after the flush then gently press the pedal to add more water. PROBLEM SOLVED! And the water stays in the bowl till the next flush.
Old 08-17-2019, 03:31 PM   #7

Brian,
thank you for the response.
When we were at the factory, it wasn't as bad as it now is. We have an appointment at Appleway Friday the 29th.
Regarding the 2 week delay, it was via email and I think it just got "lost in the shuffle". Brandon has generally been very responsive and helpful.
I delayed posting it, but with no response, I did post it and got a reply that very day. . I wasn't upset, just trying to figure out what to do?
Happy to tell you that our response was delayed because we were on Vancouver Island, happily filling our residential refer with salmon. Sitting at the ferry launch with a good signal.
Dick Skeers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 09:32 PM   #8

Quote:
Brian,
thank you for the response.
When we were at the factory, it wasn't as bad as it now is. We have an appointment at Appleway Friday the 29th.
Regarding the 2 week delay, it was via email and I think it just got "lost in the shuffle". Brandon has generally been very responsive and helpful.
I delayed posting it, but with no response, I did post it and got a reply that very day. . I wasn't upset, just trying to figure out what to do?
Happy to tell you that our response was delayed because we were on Vancouver Island, happily filling our residential refer with salmon. Sitting at the ferry launch with a good signal.
Dick, the guys at Appleway are awesome! They fixed my black tank issue and just last week the grey tank issue. Both were actually leaking liquid out the top where connections were made to the tanks. The tops of the tanks tend to collapse pulling the pipe out of the rubber grommet. They know what to look for now. Yours will be the third unit they have worked on for this issue that I know of. Hope they get it for you.

Tags
black, black water, tank, water, water tank