Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2018, 02:24 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by halla View Post
I rant to a truck supply place at lunch. I sat on the Bostrom Wide Ride with Serta Gel. That thing is pretty darn comfortable. .
Don’t really know why but that made me laugh. I guess cause I know it takes alit to impress Halla and I think that seat did. LOL

Now get one Halla and see if it will fit our Rigs so I will know.
The Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 05:23 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTZ470 View Post
Got with Bostrom today and got the correct part numbers to replace cab seats, they also have the swivel, but they are LoPro mounts and you won't have the issues you have with Dynamax Seats...you will require an adaptor kit it is listed below as well...IF you do not want the swivel you can go with HiPro Mount and it has an optional Smart Valve which has a memory feature....I did not get the Part Number for HiPro Mount, but here is email: Ayla.Siskey@cvgrp.com, had to confirm everything through a Tech before giving me the info...I should have the Drivers Seat within a week and will report back after it's mounted...
  • LoPro Wide Ride Core in grey ultra-leather, with dual arms, hi back, and driver swivel is part number 5A09171-902
  • LoPro Wide Ride Core in grey ultra-leather, with dual arms, hi back, and passenger swivel is part number 5A09271-902
  • Adaptor plate for the 2018 Freightliner M2 112 is 6222217-001.
Can you measure the height on your existing seat from the floor to the top of the bottom seat cushion with the seat fully aired down? Then the same measurement when the new setup is installed? That will give a good reference on how much height is saved overall. Thanks
RV Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 05:32 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Randy View Post
Can you measure the height on your existing seat from the floor to the top of the bottom seat cushion with the seat fully aired down? Then the same measurement when the new setup is installed? That will give a good reference on how much height is saved overall. Thanks
Yes sir will do I should have it Monday or Tuesday
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 06:05 PM   #24

I ordered the seats today. Now I am wondering how the seat belt latch will work. If memory serves me it is on the base of the current seat. On a trip so I cant look for a week
Old 08-03-2018, 08:02 PM   #25

That a boy Halla. I knew it wouldn’t take much.
The Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 02:19 PM   #26

Quote:
I ordered the seats today. Now I am wondering how the seat belt latch will work. If memory serves me it is on the base of the current seat. On a trip so I cant look for a week

The belts will mount to the seat undercarriage. this is required because if you have an "unfortunate occurrence" the belt will hold you in the seat as the seat suspension reacts to the impact. If belt is to floor there would be a large amount of movement between a hard mounted belt to floor in relation to the seat. Your hip and legs would receive a whole lot of abuse from the seat belt.
Old 08-08-2018, 09:40 PM   #27

Quote:
New Bostrom Seat with LoPro Mount is 17-1/4" from floorboard to top of seat without swivel added...

Original Dynamax Seat is 19" from floorboard to top of seat....

I was directed to the wrong swivel and have one coming soon, I will not be in US to install it, but the one that didn't fit was only 1" tall...so still 3/4" savings...

The Bostrom seat sits and fits so much better and can be adjusted many different ways and all the controls are within easy reach...

Going to try the swivel just to see if it is worth it and functional....
Old 08-17-2018, 05:07 PM   #28

Ayla was kind enough to email me a swatch of the tan. Not close enough to the factory color for me.

Question for Brian Clemens. If/when Bostrom starts making seats for you will it be in the current Dynamax colors? If so, I could order color matching seats from Bostrom?
shultz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 09:34 AM   #29
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shultz01 View Post
Ayla was kind enough to email me a swatch of the tan. Not close enough to the factory color for me.

Question for Brian Clemens. If/when Bostrom starts making seats for you will it be in the current Dynamax colors? If so, I could order color matching seats from Bostrom?
We would not....we would likely just pick black. It goes with everything. Otherwise, we end up buying an expensive seat, tearing off a perfectly good Ultra leather cover and putting a new cover on. Would make it an even more expensive seat.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 11:41 AM   #30

I will report back after I receive my new seats and get them installed.

I did order the Bostrom Wide Ride with Serta, heated/cooled with Black Leather. They were comfortable and they are nice quality. I didnt get the swivels.
Old 08-20-2018, 06:27 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
We would not....we would likely just pick black. It goes with everything. Otherwise, we end up buying an expensive seat, tearing off a perfectly good Ultra leather cover and putting a new cover on. Would make it an even more expensive seat.
Now Brian, as tough as you are to handle all the comes at you on this forum AND do the job of GM, I know you could negotiate a deal that if you switch to Bostrom they add Dynamax colors.
shultz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 03:42 PM   #32

Quote:
I will report back after I receive my new seats and get them installed.

I did order the Bostrom Wide Ride with Serta, heated/cooled with Black Leather. They were comfortable and they are nice quality. I didnt get the swivels.
Halla, sorry if this has been answered before now: Do the new seats you ordered fit on the original factory supplied bases or did you have to replace those too? I'm probably just going to pull the swivels out of my rig and upgrade the seats.

I took my factory seat to a local auto upholstery shop and they were able to match the color and texture of the factory material almost exactly. So I will probably just have the new seats recovered to match. And, they said they can embroider the really cool Dynamax logo on the seats in any color I want.

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
Old 08-22-2018, 04:41 PM   #33

New bases too, 100 a piece.
Old 08-22-2018, 06:11 PM   #34

Quote:
New bases too, 100 a piece.
OK, thanks. Now I will wait until you get the new seats installed to see what your final opinion is on the new dual arm rest seats versus the originals. If I get new seats & bases I'll probably just do away with the swivels and get the new seats recovered locally to match the current colors.

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
Old 08-22-2018, 07:39 PM   #35

Yep waiting is the hardest part. They take the money asap and make me wait. Oh well. I will report when they come in and take mounting pics etc
Old 08-22-2018, 07:52 PM   #36

Quote:
OK, thanks. Now I will wait until you get the new seats installed to see what your final opinion is on the new dual arm rest seats versus the originals. If I get new seats & bases I'll probably just do away with the swivels and get the new seats recovered locally to match the current colors.
You will not be happy you waited...go to Sportchassis.com and check out all the photos of the seats installed you want...I have driven 24 hours straight in mine and not one back ache, pure driving comfort...you'll throw the stock seats in the first dumpster you come to and never look back...

Sportchassis = pure unadulterated comfort...interior is phenomenal....
Old 08-22-2018, 10:47 PM   #37

This adapter is required to fit Bostrom to the M2 Cab...
https://www.suburbanseats.com/p/bost...2-applications
Old 12-30-2020, 04:18 PM   #38

I’m going to revive this thread anybody put national seats in your dx3 lately - the salesperson seems to think these will be a good fit says they sell them the most?
Old 12-30-2020, 08:29 PM   #39

Shultz01 and a few others have installed National seats and they seem to like them.

I like my Bostrom seats, leather, heated and cooled, adjusts in like 12 spots.
Old 12-30-2020, 09:10 PM   #40

Was looking for this thread. Thanks!!!!
EdandShelley is offline   Reply With Quote