Old 07-12-2016, 10:18 AM   #11

Also, you should already have a hole or two in your firewall.

I found this one "wide open" left by the FR allstars, no silicone, plumber's putty just an invitation for critters to enter your coach.

I ran the Harness through a KO with Spiral Wrap and taped it up well and added some Silicone around the hole.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160522_122449.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	228.6 KB
ID:	113871   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160522_122319.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	266.2 KB
ID:	113872  

Old 07-12-2016, 10:28 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdave View Post
I had it out today replacing the cigarette lighter with a dual usb charger.
Like this...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20160712_072319_001.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	293.3 KB
ID:	113878  

Old 07-12-2016, 10:38 AM   #13

Since your adding a USB in the Dash you might as well ad one by the entry.
I removed the Mobile Hm type box and used a cut-in box for this outlet.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20160712_073200.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	251.4 KB
ID:	113880  
Old 07-12-2016, 11:22 AM   #14
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 724Bravo View Post
Also, you should already have a hole or two in your firewall.

I found this one "wide open" left by the FR allstars, no silicone, plumber's putty just an invitation for critters to enter your coach.

I ran the Harness through a KO with Spiral Wrap and taped it up well and added some Silicone around the hole.
I never like to see rough wiring holes so I went out on the line to find out what in the world is going on because by rule, we try NOT to go through the firewall. We do offer a brake controller now from the factory...but they run those wires in a different location. On further review, those (2) wires you show are for the park brake sensor.

This is where I found them on the unit I say today. (from the air line and then though the firewall).
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0627.JPG
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	113903   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0628.JPG
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	113904  
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 12:40 PM   #15

I just used the knock out by the air lines, worked great and I didn't see any other rough holes in the area. I'll check the wiring with a meter this week to get the wiring finished.
Old 07-12-2016, 01:45 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I never like to see rough wiring holes so I went out on the line to find out what in the world is going on because by rule, we try NOT to go through the firewall. We do offer a brake controller now from the factory...but they run those wires in a different location. On further review, those (2) wires you show are for the park brake sensor.

This is where I found them on the unit I say today. (from the air line and then though the firewall).
As you can see clearly bclemens, they didn't bother to put anything around the PB sensor wiring. How long would that last with all the chafing going on down the road.
You guy's really need to have better Qa & Qc in your plant. I'd be handing out final checks to a few and sending them down the road.
Here's another one, why use 3/8" wafer head screws for installing the Window coverings, I had (3) Blind assembly's fall down while driving down the HWY, Really ?
There's more, but I really don't want to waste my time typing a few paragraphs.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20160522_122449.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	228.6 KB
ID:	113931   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160609_100808.jpg
Size:	180.5 KB
ID:	113932  
Old 07-12-2016, 02:23 PM   #17
GM

That's why I posted...I did not like the looks of that so we spot checked what was on the line. It looks like maybe we caught it already on an inspection and they are installing them correctly now.

Aug 1st is my 1 year anniversary to taking over...so unfortunately some of this was built before my time or when I first started. But, we've added some inspection points and changed some personnel around.

As for the valance, during a vendor change I guess we had screws popping up through the top so they changed to a smaller screw. When what should have happened (and what has happened now) is that the top material got thicker. that has also been rectified.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake control, controller, brakes