Old 11-20-2019, 12:42 AM   #1

Brand New 2020 Dynamax Isata5-30FW REAL MESS

MEMBERS

It troubles me greatly to start my journey with you all (SEEKING HELP) however I felt like I had no other Choice.

My Wife and I (married for 42 years) just purchased a NEW (( 2020-Isata5-30FW)) (Stepping down from a 40ft Fifth Wheel and before that a 40Ft High End Diesel Pusher.

the Purchase was consummated in Anthem AZ., after an exhaustive search for one Closer to our home in the most southern part of WA state, proved of no avail.

We found and drove the 1300 miles (in our beautiful) Jeep JK (to be traded for an agreed amount) to the Licensed Authorized Dynamax Dealer that had in stock what we desired. (BUILT on the latest Dodge Ram 550 Chassis) and Exterior and interior color of our CHOICE.

We made pre-arrangements to stay at a RV site only 4 miles from the Dealer so to "learn the systems" before driving on. We were promised that this vehicle had "received (not 1, but 2) thorough"PDI's by the DEALER (prior to our arrival) as it had been promised previously to another buyer that backed out of the sale?? We made the purchase/trade, (PAID CASH) at our agreed price , was given a brief walkthrough, MOVED it off the "lot" and hooked up at a convenient RV Park 4 miles away, (expecting a restful night in our beautiful NEW coach). WITH SEVERAL OTHER SYSTEMS NOT SEEMING TO WORK or be installed AS DESIGNED We were informed that it would be Monday at the earliest that anyone would be at the Dealership to look at it? and they did not do "remote calls" I would have to deal with the Factory warranty Dept-- We spent another night (only spot available) We then left for our (ELDERLY friends home in Prescott valley (2-1/2 hrs North to a RV Park that we had "paid in advance" to hold "the only site available", WE SPENT OUR TIME AS PROMISED WITH OUR FRIENDS to the North, that We left on Monday to our next planned Stop (having no confidence in the Dealer) we purchased from to adequately address our growing list of "Issues") and to meet our commitment to help our Daughter and her Husband In Santa Rosa CA (evacuated due to the RAGING Forest Fire). We were able to meet them and stayed 3 days TO HELP as promised and headed back to WA State-believing that DYNAMAX WOULD TAKE CARE OF US.

I am hoping that the knowledgeable members on this Forum including (MR. Clemens-GM at DYNAMAX will Contact me and step in with SUGGESTIONS to help us restore our CONFIDENCE THAT we will see our latest DREAM come true by the purchase of the ISATA.

TO DATE: I have not received Help from (not even a return call from the DEALER/OWNER!

The list of construction DOCUMENTED deficiencies is as of today have grown to over ((22)) items. (some even Life Threatening) as we DISCOVERED that there was CHAFING by a "sharp self drilling "tech-screw" to an ((110vac romex electrical cable)) located behind the Shower Valve) that could easily have cause an ELECTROCUTION if pierced (I AM A Union trained ELECTRICIAN) retired!! as well as a Aircraft mechanic, Welder Fabricator and Custom home builder.

Thank you all in advance,

Sincerely,

Tim

Old 11-20-2019, 12:52 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfmaster View Post
MEMBERS

It troubles me greatly to start my journey with you all (SEEKING HELP) however I felt like I had no other Choice.

My Wife and I (married for 42 years) just purchased a NEW (( 2020-Isata5-30FW)) (Stepping down from a 40ft Fifth Wheel and before that a 40Ft High End Diesel Pusher.

the Purchase was consummated in Anthem AZ., after an exhaustive search for one Closer to our home in the most southern part of WA state, proved of no avail.

We found and drove the 1300 miles (in our beautiful) Jeep JK (to be traded for an agreed amount) to the Licensed Authorized Dynamax Dealer that had in stock what we desired. (BUILT on the latest Dodge Ram 550 Chassis) and Exterior and interior color of our CHOICE.

We made pre-arrangements to stay at a RV site only 4 miles from the Dealer so to "learn the systems" before driving on. We were promised that this vehicle had "received (not 1, but 2) thorough"PDI's by the DEALER (prior to our arrival) as it had been promised previously to another buyer that backed out of the sale?? We made the purchase/trade, (PAID CASH) at our agreed price , was given a brief walkthrough, MOVED it off the "lot" and hooked up at a convenient RV Park 4 miles away, (expecting a restful night in our beautiful NEW coach). WITH SEVERAL OTHER SYSTEMS NOT SEEMING TO WORK or be installed AS DESIGNED We were informed that it would be Monday at the earliest that anyone would be at the Dealership to look at it? and they did not do "remote calls" I would have to deal with the Factory warranty Dept-- We spent another night (only spot available) We then left for our (ELDERLY friends home in Prescott valley (2-1/2 hrs North to a RV Park that we had "paid in advance" to hold "the only site available", WE SPENT OUR TIME AS PROMISED WITH OUR FRIENDS to the North, that We left on Monday to our next planned Stop (having no confidence in the Dealer) we purchased from to adequately address our growing list of "Issues") and to meet our commitment to help our Daughter and her Husband In Santa Rosa CA (evacuated due to the RAGING Forest Fire). We were able to meet them and stayed 3 days TO HELP as promised and headed back to WA State-believing that DYNAMAX WOULD TAKE CARE OF US.

I am hoping that the knowledgeable members on this Forum including (MR. Clemens-GM at DYNAMAX will Contact me and step in with SUGGESTIONS to help us restore our CONFIDENCE THAT we will see our latest DREAM come true by the purchase of the ISATA.

TO DATE: I have not received Help from (not even a return call from the DEALER/OWNER!

The list of construction DOCUMENTED deficiencies is as of today have grown to over ((22)) items. (some even Life Threatening) as we DISCOVERED that there was CHAFING by a "sharp self drilling "tech-screw" to an ((110vac romex electrical cable)) located behind the Shower Valve) that could easily have cause an ELECTROCUTION if pierced (I AM A Union trained ELECTRICIAN) retired!! as well as a Aircraft mechanic, Welder Fabricator and Custom home builder.

Thank you all in advance,

Sincerely,

Tim

I would say take a deep breath and be ready to have patience with the dealer and Dynamax while they go to work and repair your deficiencies. Everybody understands how you are feeling but most have been on this site long enough to know brand new units almost always have issues that need attention. Like a brand new house... it will get fixed... but itís not going to happen tonight.

SteelStef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 12:16 PM   #3
GM

On 11/14, there was a message on my phone about issues, but no details. Immediately after listening to that voicemail, I sent that to my service manager to follow up and find details and what we could do to help.

11/14: my Service manager called you and briefed me. He said you were very pleasant, had some minor issues that some people wouldn't notice and some that should never have made it out of the plant. So a combination. Also that you said you were very capable and wanted to"resolve all of your own concerns with our assistance"

11/14: email. We asked for a list of items and pictures. You then thanked him for the prompt reply and acknowledged receipt of the email.

11/19: during a call you suggested you found more issues and that it would need to come back to the factory for repair. We said if it did need it, it would, but that at that point we had not received pictures or even a list of issues. You then suggested we fly out to see the unit before making judgment. Then stated that coming back to the factory for repair was not an acceptable solution. There was maybe one other call, but I guess the point I am making is that we have responded. We have a course of action, but until we have a dealer look at it, get a list or even pictures, there is not a lot we can do do help just based on phone calls.
Also, please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 02:51 PM   #4

It would be helpful to know what all these issues are you found? How minor and how major....
fstclyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 04:12 PM   #5

If you do fly out, maybe you could swing by South West Utah. Would love to meet you.

WHAT, YOU CAN'T HEAR ME? I'LL TYPE LOUDER..IS THIS BETTER. (((((I too have hearing issues sometime))))))))

Not knowing what is wrong, apparently no one does, I would suggest that the new owner had plans to be places which took precedence over the issues. Apparently, though, none of those issues were incapacitating and preventing the driving of long distances and living in the unit.

Buying a new RV and having issues is frustrating but pretty much the way things happen. But they can't fix what they don't know. Perhaps if the OP reads the last say, 2 years of posts here he'll see that Dynamax/BC will work with you and get it fixed. They have for me.
Old 11-20-2019, 04:19 PM   #6
Site Team

Asking a manufacturer to fly out an employee, is a new one on me.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 04:21 PM   #7
GM

Pick up was 11/8.
Also, please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
Old 11-20-2019, 05:15 PM   #8

Well, obviously there are some things you aren't happy with. This forum is most useful for soliciting advice and help from forum members to help you fix things if you properly describe the specific issues.

I would also offer that YELLING on this forum at Dynamax is not the most effective way (nor is it required) to get their help. They are very responsive and sincere about working with folks to get your legitimate issues resolved. It may be more productive to deal with Brian and his team offline and direct via their process to get the most efficient response.

Hopefully the next time we hear from you is when you let us know the action plan that Dynamax has put in place to address your concerns.

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
RV Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 05:29 PM   #9
Broken Toe

summary:

person buys RV.

Person does not do PDI.

Person trusts dealer when they said they did PDI.

Person leaves with camper after brief walk thru.

Camper has issues.

Person mad at Forest River.

Film at 11

Tim

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 05:41 PM   #10

Thanks to all of you that have responded with your encouragement and constructive comments. I am taking a deep breath and organizing all of the concerns I have (to date)

I have spoken to the Dynamax (Parts and Warranty Service manager by Phone, daily and informed him that I am (in the process of) detailing all of the “areas” of concern, (Photographing) and organizing the problem areas. I am compiling a list and will be forwarding that list to Dynamax ASAP.

I mean No Malice to anyone and I will continue to hold out hope that together the Manufacture and my self will develop and implement a plan of action to make the needed repairs.

Thank you

Tim
Old 11-20-2019, 06:29 PM   #11

I am going to add my 2 cents here. I too have recently purchased a new I5 30 FW. This is the first RV I have owned. I have a very short list of warranty issues, the worst being a non-functioning ice maker. Not sure how I can possibly live with that . I did have a failed slide out motor on our first trip (a story for another day). When dealing with the slide out issue, both the dealer and Dynamax were as helpful as they could be. Dynamax sent a new motor overnight with no questions asked. It was frustrating at the time, but in the course of researching RV's for months, I knew everything would not be perfect and I was prepared to deal with some issues. Overall I am very happy with the Dynamax.
TahoeSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 09:42 AM   #12
GM

Just to be clear, I know the owner at Anthem personally. He shows no calls into him. I showed him this thread and so he asked all of this guys as well if he had missed messages. The salesperson said he did in fact speak to the OP, but that he never asked for anything. Just wanted to relay all the things he was going to do to make the RV better (paraphrasing).
Old 11-21-2019, 10:23 AM   #13

I'm feeling like I need to pipe in here.... I own the first Isata 5 30FW that came off the line. Tomorrow 11/22 will be two years since I took delivery. I was a semi newby to the RV thing at the time, but was thrilled to own this coach. I had lots of frustrations and disappointments with the selling dealership which is 4 hours away from my home. Fortunately, working with Dynamax along with some personal attention from Brian Clemens, I was able to get everything worked out with both non-Dynamax dealers closer to home as well as independent mobile RV techs and everything was covered under warranty by Dynamax. Was I frustrated? Yes. Did everything get taken care of? Yes. Would I trade this motorhome for another one? It would have to be one hell of a deal to get this one away from me. My message to the OP. Chill out...Dynamax will take care of you if you give them a chance.
Old 11-21-2019, 01:33 PM   #14

Film at 11

What about FOX NEWS AT 9?
ard58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 01:39 PM   #15
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfmaster View Post
I have spoken to the Dynamax (Parts and Warranty Service manager by Phone, daily and informed him that I am (in the process of) detailing all of the “areas” of concern, (Photographing) and organizing the problem areas. I am compiling a list and will be forwarding that list to Dynamax ASAP.
FYI, I put all of the items into a Word document, with lines separating each issue, and try to keep one item per page or sets of pages. I write a very detailed description including any troubleshooting I did. I also include pictures and highlight the area of concern if that's needed. And yes, I put page numbers on it.

I include my full contact information and chassis VIN Number at the top of the first page. every time. Then I save the whole mess as a PDF and email it to the dealer.

Yes, it takes me a while to get it all done but the dealer loves it because they can submit the PDF as part of the warranty submission. If I have a particularly critical item I put it in a separate PDF so it doesn't get lost in the rest of the write-ups.

You sound like you have more than enough RVing and other experience to know all of this so perhaps it will help someone else. Proper and complete documentation is what the paper trail is all about. It helps everyone involved and protects you for repeat problems.

And yes, I not only spent a quarter-century in corporate aviation avionics maintenance, I was a firefighter/paramedic for many years. Once you've been grilled on the stand about a run report you wrote a few years earlier and for which you have no memory, you will never write short or incomplete documentation again.

FWIW,

Ray
Old 11-21-2019, 03:07 PM   #16

Suggestion is that maybe lesson learned is purchase near your home so issues can be handled locally with a dealer. We did with our Class C purchased in 2016. We live in the Atlanta area. Numerous issues but most were handled within the one year warranty period.
patsylou2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 03:22 PM   #17
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsylou2 View Post
Suggestion is that maybe lesson learned is purchase near your home so issues can be handled locally with a dealer.
I don't think that's always possible when it comes to these Dynamax rigs. There just aren't that many dealers around the country.
Old 11-21-2019, 04:21 PM   #18

LESSON TO BE LEARNED:

Never pick up a new coach or trailer of any type around a strict travel schedule that does not permit you, the new owner to do a through PDI at the dealership.

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 04:35 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdata View Post
LESSON TO BE LEARNED:

Never pick up a new coach or trailer of any type around a strict travel schedule that does not permit you, the new owner to do a through PDI at the dealership.
X2
Old 11-21-2019, 07:25 PM   #20
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
I don't think that's always possible when it comes to these Dynamax rigs. There just aren't that many dealers around the country.
Another factor is where you are in the country. Up here in the northern half there just are not that many RV dealers at all.

We bought a Georgetown and the two closest dealers to us in Ohio (excluding Camping World) is one west of Cleveland in the north and one just north of Columbus in the south. That one is 120 miles from us.

The two closest Isata 5 dealers are each over a hundred miles away as well.

"Buy Local" is kind of a relative thing.

Ray