Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2019, 07:52 PM   #21

And the saga continues.

Dynamax does not have the required parts in stock and only provided a link to Amazon for the part.
I am in field working so DW spent most of day looking for part. Found at a trailer supplier in Fargo, ND 100 miles away one way. DW does not have a way to go get the part. Had to send a runner from our work site to go get it. Managed to get there before closing and returned to work site.
200 mile round trip 4 hours pay for the runner. I only have this weekend to get the slide fixed. It is rough to sleep on the floor.

But, we are "having fun" here in ND.
Old 04-19-2019, 08:21 PM   #22

Now that's being positive!! And DW dug in when the chips were down. Doesn't get any better than that!
rskeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 08:33 PM   #23

May not help... there are places that build cables. I’m not sure in North Dakota, but I bet a google search would help. Depending on the crimp and type you need. Some utility type electrical crimpers would certainly be large enough. Some hardware stores carry aluminum sleeves and maybe stops if that’s the type you need. Looks like maybe 1/4” wire” and maybe that won’t be impossible to find.

https://www.google.com/search?client...60.pTMPc7yl3Es
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 09:10 PM   #24

Finally fixed!

Repaired broken cable slide. Had to replace two cables and build new mount for the forward cable pulleys. Previous post showed the carnage.

Here is the new version of the cable system mounts.

Click image for larger version

Name:	new cable pulley mount.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	363.7 KB
ID:	202662
Old 04-23-2019, 09:21 PM   #25

Broken slideout cable on 2016 Force 37BH

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRedburn View Post
Finally fixed!

Repaired broken cable slide. Had to replace two cables and build new mount for the forward cable pulleys. Previous post showed the carnage.

Here is the new version of the cable system mounts.

Attachment 202662

Looks good. I ain’t picking...cause I don’t know, but the lowest cable looks a bit slacked....in case it matters.

One thing about it....if you need a place to attach a winch line....that will hold. [emoji6]
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 10:00 PM   #26

Question, how did you access those top pulleys that are buried? And, Btw.. nice job. Glad your up and running.
Old 04-24-2019, 03:15 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRedburn View Post
And the saga continues.

Dynamax does not have the required parts in stock and only provided a link to Amazon for the part.
I am in field working so DW spent most of day looking for part. Found at a trailer supplier in Fargo, ND 100 miles away one way. DW does not have a way to go get the part. Had to send a runner from our work site to go get it. Managed to get there before closing and returned to work site.
200 mile round trip 4 hours pay for the runner. I only have this weekend to get the slide fixed. It is rough to sleep on the floor.

But, we are "having fun" here in ND.
Glad you were able to get it fixed, my question is what was special about that cable? Big box stores sell cable. I had a cable slide once, and I was always adjusting that chain. Don't like them at all. Glad you and your wife kept a positive attitude....now get a good night sleep.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 03:39 AM   #28

Nice job!
CSWVK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 05:49 AM   #29

Glad you are all fixed up, great job, thanks for the information.
joet19711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 07:35 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post
Looks good. I ain’t picking...cause I don’t know, but the lowest cable looks a bit slacked....in case it matters.

One thing about it....if you need a place to attach a winch line....that will hold. [emoji6]

Wasn't completely adjusted when photo was taken
Old 04-24-2019, 07:54 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWF1945 View Post
Question, how did you access those top pulleys that are buried? And, Btw.. nice job. Glad your up and running.

the cables were not broken but the lower pulley assembly on the wall ripped out. They were badly frayed. We cut the cable and used it to draw a string thru the hidden pulleys then pulled the new cable in.

As for what is special, the cable end that connects to the slide flanges has a button swedged onto the cable. If you have the proper tool to do this and the button fitting then no problem. To properly clamp the cable with a crimp sleeve the tool is around 350.00. Fortunately we were able to borrow one.
Old 04-24-2019, 08:04 AM   #32
Commercial Member

Looks good. Our guys pulled one out...but when we reviewed, it was because the batteries were fully charged (as they should be) and they held the button just a tad long (not saying you did this...but that's what they told me). On review, it almost seems like the guys that build that cable slide, assume the voltage won't be topped out so they add a little bit to the motor torque to compensate. We have some heavy gauge aluminum and backer in there and some good sized fasteners. But that motor is crazy strong.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 08:19 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Looks good. Our guys pulled one out...but when we reviewed, it was because the batteries were fully charged (as they should be) and they held the button just a tad long (not saying you did this...but that's what they told me). On review, it almost seems like the guys that build that cable slide, assume the voltage won't be topped out so they add a little bit to the motor torque to compensate. We have some heavy gauge aluminum and backer in there and some good sized fasteners. But that motor is crazy strong.
your heavy guage aluminum would be great if the lag bolts are connected to it. On mine only one bolt was into the aluminum. All others where in sidewall core (foam) Take a closer look at the carnage picture. We were connected to shore power when this happened. I agree, that motor has some crazy torque!

Took awhile to repair due to our location but it is fixed so we're good to go!

Old 04-24-2019, 11:25 AM   #34

Very nice work!
Old 04-24-2019, 11:36 AM   #35

Nice job.. I don't hold my switch after it's in or out. I let off of it. I don't guess it has set stops like front slide..

Tags
cable, slide