Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2016, 08:34 PM   #1

Buzzing/alarm sound when starting REV

Hello,
I hope this is the place to ask this. We have a new 2015 Dynamax REV. It is on the Dodge Chasis. Recently when my husband starts it up he gets this buzzing or alarm sound. Sometimes it happens sometimes it doesn't. We haven't used it much yet as we just bought it a month ago. Any ideas of what this obnixous sound could be and what can be done?

Thank you in advance,
Kathy
kathybrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 08:59 PM   #2

Does it have air brakes? If so it could be a low air pressure warning. Don't know anything about them.
Old 06-19-2016, 09:05 PM   #3

Thanks for reply I will ask my husband in the morning.
Old 06-19-2016, 09:17 PM   #4

Looks too small for Air Brakes.

Watch the instrument panel when you start up. Some warning may appear.

Disclaimer: The actual value of my "Two Cents" of advice varies just like a bitcoin.
Bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 05:44 AM   #5

Does it have leveling system (like bigfoot)? Maybe one if the rams is not all the way up.
rsscully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 08:50 AM   #6
Commercial Member

That is the swivel seat sensor. there is a little magnetic sensor in the seat base that is only lined up when the seat is facing forward. So one of three things have happened.

1. one of the seats is facing backwards when you start up.
2. The seat is swiveled around, but not all the way.
3. The magnetic switch got knocked off when the seats where swiveled, wire got cut, switch is not lining up.

If it were my personal unit, I would tape the the switch together and take it off the seat or delete the whole thing. On the Mercedes, they simply have a warning in the owners manual that says "you must have the seats facing forward when driving". No need for a buzzer. Chrysler for some reason wants an audible buzzer as a safety precaution...but yet, no Class A's have that, nor Mercedes and they do just fine.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 12:40 PM   #7

And that ladies and gentlemen is why if and or when we purchase another motorhome it will absolutely be a Dynamax. The support offered by Mr. Clemens is unmatched IMHO.

Phil, Heather & Olaf the Boxer
Ontario Canada
Lexington 283GTS
oldsmasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 01:03 PM   #8
Commercial Member

aw, shucks.

I just wish I could have gone back in time and told them what a bad idea that was. I caught it when they tried to put one on an Isata 3 (Sprinter). Had them rip it out and take them off the 12 that had already been built. Now, I think they're off of the Promaster as well.

Old 06-20-2016, 09:28 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsmasma View Post
And that ladies and gentlemen is why if and or when we purchase another motorhome it will absolutely be a Dynamax. The support offered by Mr. Clemens is unmatched IMHO.
We are expecting to test drive a REV tomorrow.

I am interested in knowing if they are quieter than a typical class C.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 09:33 PM   #10
Commercial Member

engine noise will be quieter. The noisiest thing might be range cover as usual, but a towel takes care of that on the road.

Old 06-20-2016, 10:15 PM   #11

I agree. I have not been in a lot of Class C to have a good comparison, but with our REV I would say the loudest thing was the cover on the stove and the cover tht was over the sink.We ended up removing the sink cover and we are going to have a custom made butcher block to add more counter space, and the cover on the stove, we fixed that with some pads. With that being said, it isn't "quiet" but I'm kinda used to the noises now.
Old 06-21-2016, 04:53 PM   #12

Buying REV RB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathybrost View Post
I agree. I have not been in a lot of Class C to have a good comparison, but with our REV I would say the loudest thing was the cover on the stove and the cover tht was over the sink.We ended up removing the sink cover and we are going to have a custom made butcher block to add more counter space, and the cover on the stove, we fixed that with some pads. With that being said, it isn't "quiet" but I'm kinda used to the noises now.
After test drive my wife twisted my arms, trading nice Sunseeker in for 2017 REV RB. Much improved over 2015 model.
Old 06-21-2016, 05:00 PM   #13
Commercial Member

Welcome aboard...again

I was at Sunseeker when you bought you '13. And here I am at Dynamax to witness your '17. Lots of changes since the 2015 REV. I think we gained about 500 lbs of carrying capacity since I started on it mid 2016.

Old 06-21-2016, 08:26 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Welcome aboard...again

I was at Sunseeker when you bought you '13. And here I am at Dynamax to witness your '17. Lots of changes since the 2015 REV. I think we gained about 500 lbs of carrying capacity since I started on it mid 2016.
Looks like my next RV will depend on your next position.