Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2018, 05:22 PM   #1

Bye, bye, birdie.

For two years, I have had to listen to a whistling sound from the coach door. It sounded like one of those little plastic birds that you put water in and then blow into them like a whistle. The dealer tried to get rid of the sound, the factory tried, but to no avail. I then discovered that some of the seal at the top of the door was torn and missing. Dealer submitted warranty claim, it was approved, and they installed it (and did some other warranty work) today. As I headed home for my 2.5 hour drive, I waited for that irritating sound, but was pleased when I didn't hear it. Many folks, some on this forum, told me that you have to expect some wind noises when you have a class C. And yes, there is still wind noise, but I know that our time on the road will be much more pleasant now that the birdie has left the nest. Some folks are dismissive when you complain about wind noise or a rough ride. Improvements should be sought; not always attainable, but worth trying to get. The Isata 3 now comes standard with better rear shocks after folks complained about the ride and reported that different shocks really helped. Even newbies have observations that can be of value. That being said, this forum continues to be an invaluable source of information.
Happy Camping.
RolandRevenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 06:08 PM   #2

We have a wind whistle on our DX3 on the passenger side wing window. The old folded matchbook under the latch solves it until I get around to try to tighten it up a bit.

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
RV Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 08:16 PM   #3

Our passenger door whistles too, looks like I need a body shop to bend the top of the door in. Had that done on my truck, big help
Old 05-31-2018, 09:13 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by halla View Post
Our passenger door whistles too, looks like I need a body shop to bend the top of the door in. Had that done on my truck, big help

Always try to adjust the door first. If the door cannot be adjusted any further, roll your window down (very important), place a 2x4 just below the belt molding and push the top of the window frame in.

DON'T BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF IT, Just apply even pressure and give it one little oomph.

Test and repeat as necc.

If you need help, I can do it for you at the meet.

Mark
Orangecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 01:31 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangecrush View Post
Always try to adjust the door first. If the door cannot be adjusted any further, roll your window down (very important), place a 2x4 just below the belt molding and push the top of the window frame in.

DON'T BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF IT, Just apply even pressure and give it one little oomph.

Test and repeat as necc.

If you need help, I can do it for you at the meet.

Mark

Sounds good, lets see if we can get it tweaked next week. Thanks
Old 06-01-2018, 09:01 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by halla View Post
Sounds good, lets see if we can get it tweaked next week. Thanks
Next week? I'm here now!!

Mark
Old 06-02-2018, 12:13 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangecrush View Post
Next week? I'm here now!!

Mark
Now thats funny.

2018 Isata 5 DS
sseaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 05:34 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sseaner View Post
Now thats funny.
Yeah, my wife thought so after driving for 4 hours and realizing I picked the wrong weekend. I could allllmost see the laughter behind her rolled eyes.

Mark