Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2018, 09:44 AM   #1

Camera, lane view, turn signal activated 2017 Rev

My right lane camera view will only work on rare occasions. Usually it will display a fluttering image or no image at all and the screen will go black. The condition with this camera seem to worsen over the last couple of weeks, starting with an intermittent failure and now near 100% This only occurs with the right side camera, not on the rear and not on the left. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
droadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 09:53 AM   #2

Typically each camera input to the monitor will be via a dedicated plug from the back of the monitor. If you can gain access to the back of the monitor you might try swapping the camera inputs to verify whether the individual camera is bad or not. Also, burned out or intermittent directional bulbs can cause this type of issue.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 07:40 PM   #3

You should have a "switcher" device that selects which camera to display based on your turn signal position. You might want to communicate with "Delco Bobby" on this forum, he has a REV 24RB and is very knowledgeable.
I5PhilGa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 07:42 PM   #4

Thanks bubbles. Will followup on your suggestions.
Old 11-11-2018, 08:13 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by I5PhilGa View Post
You should have a "switcher" device that selects which camera to display based on your turn signal position. You might want to communicate with "Delco Bobby" on this forum, he has a REV 24RB and is very knowledgeable.
Thanks
Old 11-12-2018, 12:57 PM   #6

Checked the cable inputs to the Monitor and see that it is a sealed unit, there is no access to the cables without disassembly the monitor which clamps onto the mirror
Old 11-12-2018, 01:10 PM   #7

After reinstalling the monitor, and doing nothing else, the camera is again working. (Won't guess for how long)
Old 11-12-2018, 03:01 PM   #8

If you need to work on this again, there may be an extension cable between the camera and the display head. Make sure all are plugged in tight.
First Mate = Xiangbing
Crew = Radar, NiuNiu & NaNa
BobHanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 12:10 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by droadrunner View Post
After reinstalling the monitor, and doing nothing else, the camera is again working. (Won't guess for how long)
Glad you fixed it.

While on this subject it is important to keep your camera lenses clean. I was not happy with the lack of sharpness. Apparently a normal washing of the RV including the cameras did not remove all the grime.

I discovered this after a wash when I wiped RainX on the lenses and was surprised to see dirt on the white rag. I then gave each lens a better cleaning. Amazing difference in the rear view.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote