Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2019, 11:40 PM   #1

Can't see Winegard WiFi signal?

So, in trying to set up the Winegard WiFi system I can't seem to see the wifi signal associated with my unit. I've tried powering on/off the WiFi and other switches (in the coach) with no success. I suppose I'll need to get on the roof to check out the antenna unit.

The Antenna and WiFi indicators both cycle on/off when I change the switches. So, I'm assuming there is power but still no joy. I even tried powering up the Satellite power switch just in case and while I can hear the antenna cycling, it made no difference on the WiFi signal availability.

Thoughts?
2019 Jeep Wrangler
USN Veteran (USS Saipan, VAQ-34)
BellaBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 02:45 AM   #2

I'm not familiar with your unit but I think a call to the dealer and then if no help, maybe even the manufacture before I went too far. If the lights are lighting up, this could easily be a setting being incorrect in the router so it may be as simple as plugging in with a cat 5/6 cable to the router and signing in as admin to double check the SSID broadcasting checkbox is checked.

That's the first thing to come to mind if everything appears to be working but it's not showing up in the wireless network field when doing a search for it.

Good Luck in trouble shooting it.
Old 04-18-2019, 03:19 AM   #3

Can't see Winegard WiFi signal?

Is the coach new? If not, the previous owner may have hidden the SSID on previous setup. If so, proceed to the reset instructions below. Otherwise, continue:

Is this the power switch you are turning on for WiFi?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2652.JPG
Views:	138
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	202038

My switch was installed upside down so most importantly make sure it is depressed on [|] not off [O].

Per the manual, it needs a few minutes to boot up. The SSID or Wireless Network name you are looking for is on the label on the front of your owners manual.

Name:	IMG_2653.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	329.5 KB
ID:	202039

If you are unable to see the wireless network then you may want to verify power to the device on the roof and then perform a hard reset. Take up a small Phillips screwdriver (and a dark bath towel to block the sun when checking the LED if bright outside) to remove the SIM card plate and follow the instructions below to verify you have a green LED light and/or reset the device.

Name:	IMG_2654.JPG
Views:	233
Size:	169.1 KB
ID:	202040

If after this you observe no LED light (mine was faint on a bright day so cover your head and the device to block out the light) then you need to make sure you don’t have a blown fuse. You’ll have to share your coach mode and floor plan for us to help you find the fuse location.

If you’re not comfortable on the roof then please take it to the dealer to look at.

Good Luck!
steverkemp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winegard