Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2016, 10:54 AM   #1
Commercial Member

Carpet or Tile in Bedroom?

About 10 years ago, my former division offered "lino throughout" for rental dealers. A rental dealer backed out of a couple, and they got sold to a retail dealer. At a retail show everyone commented that they loved the lino throughout, So we made it standard....with zero kickback.

Now, at Dynamax all my small stuff (Sprinter, E450) is lino throughout. The M2 Trucks still have carpet in the bedroom. I was about to make an option for Tile, in place of carpet in the bedroom...but now I wonder.

Should I just make that standard? And if you really want carpet, make that a no-charge option?

What say you? Carpet in bedroom only? or Tile throughout?

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 11:01 AM   #2

Our Sabre needed repairs done to the slide and floor in the rear bedroom and the factory gave us the option of replacing the wood grain lino or swapping it out for carpet. Surprisingly my wife opted for the carpet. She does most of the indoor cleanup and I thought she would prefer the lino but apparently not. I prefer the carpet in the bedroom myself and my kids say they like it better as well.

Nights Camped, 2015: 23, 2016: 27, 2017: 29, 2018: 22, 2019: 29
mikeysotp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 07:44 PM   #3

recommended carpet in bedroom as no cost option.

Mike
2016 Force HD
Old 07-07-2016, 08:11 AM   #4

Thought about this and not sure it'd sway my decision on a unit one way or the other. On one hand I have noticed the tile to be a bit cold on cooler mornings, on the other hand I own socks. Other than that I think the cleanability makes the tile pretty appealing. Just not that much sq footage in the bedroom to make all that much difference though.

No cost option is probably the easiest, but really aren't dealers going to make the majority of the decisions for buyers?
Old 07-07-2016, 08:19 AM   #5

I like the bedroom carpet myself, love the vinyl everywhere else. I think if we trade to a Force HD or DX3 down the road I would stay with vinyl instead of the tile.
Old 07-07-2016, 12:20 PM   #6
Dahagen

Bedroom carpet.....here in the Idaho mountains it is cold at night and I don't want to have to put slippers on to get out of bed in the middle of the night.
dahagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 12:51 PM   #7
Commercial Member

The plan is just to move forward with a "tile in place of carpet" option. Easiest to implement as well. We've always built them with carpet, that's what people expect unless otherwise noted, so this will make most sense.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 02:44 PM   #8

My first TT was carpeted in the bedroom and after 9 years it looked really grungy. I vacuumed after every trip and sometimes during, but you can't really clean that little bit of a bedroom. This last TT was all lino, I loved it. A little sweeping and the whole floor was clean. If I needed a warmer floor a few small rugs did the trick and I only had to shake them out and wash occasionally. No carpet for me.
RitaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 03:16 PM   #9

Definitely want vinyl/tile flooring. One of the deciding factors in our choosing a GT 364TS was the fact that there was no carpeting throughout. So much easier to keep clean.
Old 07-07-2016, 05:51 PM   #10
Luckybreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitaB View Post
My first TT was carpeted in the bedroom and after 9 years it looked really grungy. I vacuumed after every trip and sometimes during, but you can't really clean that little bit of a bedroom. This last TT was all lino, I loved it. A little sweeping and the whole floor was clean. If I needed a warmer floor a few small rugs did the trick and I only had to shake them out and wash occasionally. No carpet for me.
x2
Old 07-08-2016, 11:57 AM   #11

Bare flooring for sure. Just pulled the carpet out of our Lexington and replaced it with Lino. Easy to put down a runner or mat.

Phil, Heather & Olaf the Boxer
Ontario Canada
Lexington 283GTS
oldsmasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 09:16 PM   #12

DW definitely wants lino. Drop a throw rug if the floor is cold. If the rug gets grungy, throw it out and get a new one, much easier than vacuuming that little bit of carpet.
S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 08:25 AM   #13

The economics of consumer wants and needs in a MH product.

Mike
2016 Force HD
Old 07-09-2016, 11:08 AM   #14

We like lino throughout. Easy to clean and I have rugs with no slip backing on the floor. If something gets spilled (always does) just throw the rugs in the washer to clean.
Just the 2 of us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 03:41 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
About 10 years ago, my former division offered "lino throughout" for rental dealers. A rental dealer backed out of a couple, and they got sold to a retail dealer. At a retail show everyone commented that they loved the lino throughout, So we made it standard....with zero kickback.

Now, at Dynamax all my small stuff (Sprinter, E450) is lino throughout. The M2 Trucks still have carpet in the bedroom. I was about to make an option for Tile, in place of carpet in the bedroom...but now I wonder.

Should I just make that standard? And if you really want carpet, make that a no-charge option?

What say you? Carpet in bedroom only? or Tile throughout?
We can easily place sn area rug on the lino to avoid cold floors.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 03:55 PM   #16

We have commented to one another many times that we're so happy our motorhome has vinyl flooring throughout. It's so easy to keep clean and we can add throw rugs where we want, and they are easy to launder. We have friends who bought a previously owned Dynamax and would love to tear the carpet out ... it feels dirty to them!!
Old 07-11-2016, 02:54 PM   #17
smc

Another vote for vinyl throughout. My Wildcat has carpet in the bedroom and the slide, I hate the carpet. The carpet is harder to clean thoroughly, the vinyl just needs swept and occasionally mopped.

Now a Class A sob.
smc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 04:35 PM   #18
Love being on the road...

I too vote for vinyl. I have tile front to back in my foretravel and love. If I don't trade my 15 Dx3 RB I will have carpet replaced in the bedroom to match living area.

Sent from my iPhone on the run using Forest River Forums
Old 07-15-2016, 10:17 PM   #19

We have tile in the bedroom and really like the ease of cleaning. With three Golden Retrievers, it has been awesome!

2016 Force HD TS
Bullrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, roo