Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2018, 02:32 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
RV Randy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Franktown, Colorado
Posts: 578
We have the same type of stains in various spots on our ceiling. This was noted and documented when we were back at the factory doing a pre-delivery inspection. It was deferred to being an issue the dealer (Lazy Days) could deal with.

We did a pre PDI trip to Lazy Days and pointed this and other items out to their delivery prep team. I also gave them hard copies of the forum string on this topic recommending the 50/50 bleach solution. They claim they tried everything and could not get them off.

So I'm still waiting to see what the resolution is and/or what cleaning solution actually works safely.
__________________

__________________


Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
RV Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 03:56 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 108
If it helps at all I think this is a bigger issue than just Dynamax. I just traded in a 2015 Coachmen Apex and it had 2 stains that looked just like the pictures Halla posted. I always assumed the one on the ceiling was some type of adhesive. I never tried to remove the stain for fear of making the ceiling look worse. I haven't noticed them in our new camper (not a FR brand) but I will look very closely tonight...
__________________

__________________
____________________
2017 Silverado 3500 Z71 CC / L5P Duramax/Allison
2018 Grand Design Reflection 311 BHS
2015 Coachmen Apex 259BHSS 50th Anniversary (sold)
rjc1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 04:18 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 784
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Randy View Post
We have the same type of stains in various spots on our ceiling. This was noted and documented when we were back at the factory doing a pre-delivery inspection. It was deferred to being an issue the dealer (Lazy Days) could deal with.

We did a pre PDI trip to Lazy Days and pointed this and other items out to their delivery prep team. I also gave them hard copies of the forum string on this topic recommending the 50/50 bleach solution. They claim they tried everything and could not get them off.

So I'm still waiting to see what the resolution is and/or what cleaning solution actually works safely.
I guess that confirms the " assumption " theory of we can see them before they leave the factory... I will be the bad guy here and dont mind at all.

Hind sight is 20/20 for everyone but the factory should have not let that out the door and pushing it on the dealer to try and clean up. Besides the stain issue Randy deserves a problem solver of the year for the electrical issue he worked out. I would be willing to bet 1 person out of 20 could have tracked that down. Not only an award but you deserved a check from Dynamax also for all the trouble you had to go through.

If you would have taken it back to the factory or to the dealer to figure out the problem, how much would it have cost Dynamax to fix these issues in time and labor??? I'll answer that... It would have taken a long time and a lot of money. You still deserve a check...
Mountieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 04:29 PM   #34
Senior Member
 
hook47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 236
Our 2013 Mobile Suites 5er had some; could only be seen if looking at them in the right light. Every time I go to our DX3 I mean to look at the ceiling. Keep forgetting or maybe conflict avoidance? Did have some of those wiper seal stains that rub off, like Brian mentioned earlier.
Perhaps these stains show up after a period of time? Not at initial construction PDI. Not trying to give any excuses, but it may take a cure period to show up.
hook47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 12:23 PM   #35
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 784
Randy are you waiting to hear from the Dealer, the factory or just anybody that figures out how to clean it off?
Mountieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 03:30 PM   #36
Senior Member
 
judy3972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 218
Send a message via MSN to judy3972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountieman View Post
Well since you called me out by name I am " assuming " I stepped in muddy water. I directed my comment to Halla because I feel bad for the guy. I can tell he loves this stuff and spends a lot of time and money and seems like a good guy.

I am not assuming anything but merely stating facts. If I am wrong please correct me. There seems to be a mysterious stain showing up on the ceilings and walls after customers get home. Since its the same type of stain, we can assume its not the customer. I think we can agree the stain is there and happens pre-delivery and Dynamax keeps sending them out the door hoping it does not happen to this one.

We also have the electrical problem which there is absolutely no way possible those coaches were thoroughly inspected and each part of the unit tried out before it left the factory. This one could have been very dangerous. If the wires were crossed when they get home and things do not work correctly, I would guess the wires were crossed when they left the factory and did not work correctly. This to me seems like it would have been caught before it left which again brings up the quality control issue which would be a department at the factory I would guess.

Nobody is perfect and this is just a simple conversation between owners and future owners. You seem to work very hard and I was just stating an observation.

I do have concern for quality control as I would expect we all do. In my world perfection is the only satisfactory acceptance and should be what we all expect and strive for.

Halla I apologize and really hope you get the stains cleaned up.

P.S. Throw said flashlight away..
The stains on our coach ceiling are visible with the naked eye and are not pink but a yellowest color. The stains appeared after a particularly heavy rain storm, they are all over the ceiling and not just in one area. As we are in Arizona this rarely happens so I made the assumption (I know better than to assume) that it was a roof leak. When I took the unit in for warranty work I was told it was not a leak but the glue that was used and it is leaking through and discoloring the ceiling. Still no resolution with this issue. Also so we have an issue with the ceiling lights on the drivers side in the living area. The lights keep failing. This post is for information purposes.
__________________
Life's a journey, enjoy the trip.

Phoenix, Az.
judy3972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 04:23 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 784
Quote:
Originally Posted by judy3972 View Post
The stains on our coach ceiling are visible with the naked eye and are not pink but a yellowest color. The stains appeared after a particularly heavy rain storm, they are all over the ceiling and not just in one area. As we are in Arizona this rarely happens so I made the assumption (I know better than to assume) that it was a roof leak. When I took the unit in for warranty work I was told it was not a leak but the glue that was used and it is leaking through and discoloring the ceiling. Still no resolution with this issue. Also so we have an issue with the ceiling lights on the drivers side in the living area. The lights keep failing. This post is for information purposes.
This makes good sense and I would think this could be correct. I guess if it is the problem when some are seeing it earlier then others maybe humidity, amount of glue used and maybe some other factors come in to play. Either way I think the ceilings should be replaced, coated, or something and made right for you guys. Maybe a resolution or solution will come around soon..
Mountieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 05:34 PM   #38
GM
 
bclemens's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Elkhart, IN
Posts: 9,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by caswelld View Post
I'm sure Brian already thought of this, but have the stains occurred anywhere other than the I-5s and DX3s? I haven't heard of any stain issues with the Isata 3s & 4s.

Are different processes used on the I-3 & 4 ceiling?

Nope. I have not seen it on the 3 or 4. Same roofing material is used. But as I said before...we have caught some and we fix them. Some just frankly don't show up until its down the road...and we can't fix what we can't see.
__________________
Please READ the entire thread before posting to keep comments relevant.
Also, please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 06:46 PM   #39
Senior Member
 
judy3972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 218
Send a message via MSN to judy3972
Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Nope. I have not seen it on the 3 or 4. Same roofing material is used. But as I said before...we have caught some and we fix them. Some just frankly don't show up until its down the road...and we can't fix what we can't see.
How is this fixed?
__________________
Life's a journey, enjoy the trip.

Phoenix, Az.
judy3972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 09:10 PM   #40
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 784
Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
But as I said before...we have caught some and we fix them. Some just frankly don't show up until its down the road...and we can't fix what we can't see.
. This was noted and documented when we were back at the factory doing a pre-delivery inspection. It was deferred to being an issue the dealer (Lazy Days) could deal with.

__________________

Mountieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:00 AM.