Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2018, 07:19 PM   #81

Brian, the overlay sounds easy enough, it is only really in three or four spots, some you can see without the flashlight now. Probably because I know where the stains are.
How is it applied? I am guessing like any sticker? I can send pics if needed of each wall where it is. some of the areas it looks like the color came out when I used different things, like paint thinner and goo gone.
Old 04-10-2018, 07:24 PM   #82

Cause of the stains?

We still have no idea on the cause of the stains?
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 07:43 PM   #83

no and they are in a few odd spots, some look like something splashed on the walls, others are just odd alien stains.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:03 AM   #84

What are aliens doing in your RV!!?!?
Old 04-11-2018, 08:04 AM   #85

Could be Gremlins. Who knows. I figure with 49 other Dynamax units at the Rally, the aliens or gremlins will find another nice family to go home with.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:02 AM   #86

Send a message via AIM to letsgorving Send a message via MSN to letsgorving Send a message via Yahoo to letsgorving
Noooooooo
Old 04-12-2018, 11:18 AM   #87

Brian, any luck with the 50/50 on the wall covering?

Also, how hard is it to install that sticky overlay? something I can do? I have three areas that probably need it, not sure what caused this in those areas.

Thanks for checking. I am going to mix the 50/50 soon to try the hard ceiling area over the bunk, may test a little section of the wall.
Old 04-12-2018, 12:56 PM   #88
Commercial Member

I have not...as for the overlay. Its just a big sticker. We get them in 1" rolls all the way up to 24" rolls I think. You will see the edges a bit. If you look at your vertical wall seams, we use the 1" tape there instead of battens for a cleaner look. Same concept, just bigger for the overlay sheets.

Actually...on my desk right now is the start of what I will call a "Customer Care Kit". It will include a jar of putty for the wood and one for the wall board. a small roll of 1" tape for the wood and 1" tape for the wall board. Along with several 6" square overlays of the wall board...like band-aids. I am currently trying to calculate costs to include in all units and packaging options for the kit. I would like to include the touch up paint in that box as well.

I have had the idea for a while based on what they have always left me when I have built my last (2) houses. But what REALLY cinched the deal was when I got this little note with a touch up pen on a "put it together yourself" headboard I just put assembled.

I've been doing it ALL WRONG! When you find saw dust, screws, tape, wire nuts and wire scrap everywhere...instead of calling it debris. We should be calling it "Deluxing Materials"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8253.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	262.9 KB
ID:	167996  

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 01:11 PM   #89

Mr. Clemens, this industry needs more like you. I have been following you for several years. I have a Forester, because of lower cost and simpler engine, but you are a good reason to buy a Dyanamax. I also love the DX3. Keep up the good work. I wish you great success and hopefully others in the industry will follow your example.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 01:18 PM   #90
Commercial Member

Aw shucks, thanks. I think a few might disagree with you...but I will continue to do my best in resolving everyones issues in the way I would want them solved if it were me.

Old 04-12-2018, 01:37 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I have not...as for the overlay. Its just a big sticker. We get them in 1" rolls all the way up to 24" rolls I think. You will see the edges a bit. If you look at your vertical wall seams, we use the 1" tape there instead of battens for a cleaner look. Same concept, just bigger for the overlay sheets.

Actually...on my desk right now is the start of what I will call a "Customer Care Kit". It will include a jar of putty for the wood and one for the wall board. a small roll of 1" tape for the wood and 1" tape for the wall board. Along with several 6" square overlays of the wall board...like band-aids. I am currently trying to calculate costs to include in all units and packaging options for the kit. I would like to include the touch up paint in that box as well.

I have had the idea for a while based on what they have always left me when I have built my last (2) houses. But what REALLY cinched the deal was when I got this little note with a touch up pen on a "put it together yourself" headboard I just put assembled.

I've been doing it ALL WRONG! When you find saw dust, screws, tape, wire nuts and wire scrap everywhere...instead of calling it debris. We should be calling it "Deluxing Materials"
Brian, can you post up a picture of one of these patches on a ceiling or wall board? I'm wondering if the patch will be more noticeable than the stain itself? Then you might be trying to convince a potential buyer someday that the patch is not due to a roof leak or hole.

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
RV Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 01:41 PM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by halla View Post
Brian, any luck with the 50/50 on the wall covering?

Also, how hard is it to install that sticky overlay? something I can do? I have three areas that probably need it, not sure what caused this in those areas.

Thanks for checking. I am going to mix the 50/50 soon to try the hard ceiling area over the bunk, may test a little section of the wall.

Just a thought for the walls if you plan to cover with the contact paper. If space allows and you can remove surrounding trim it is much easier to apply the contact paper to a flat surface. Get 1/8 luan, cut to size and with two people and a heat gun apply the paper. Then tack over the existing wall. Once trim is put back you will never know. Again this only works if the wall is trimmed in a way that you can cover all edges.
vrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 01:57 PM   #93
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Randy View Post
Brian, can you post up a picture of one of these patches on a ceiling or wall board? I'm wondering if the patch will be more noticeable than the stain itself? Then you might be trying to convince a potential buyer someday that the patch is not due to a roof leak or hole.
I wouldn't do this on a ceiling...that is very uniform in color. The walls however are textured and varied in color. So it seems to blend better.

I'll see if I can mock something up. Again, if you look at the 4' seams in the wall, you'll see the vertical batten strip. Exact same material as the patch...just, 1".

Old 04-12-2018, 02:23 PM   #94

I have seen the seam tape, that wouldnt be an issue for me. I think the three areas I have the staining in are between two objects, so the outside edges will not be noticeable.

I like the idea of the kit, that would be useful. We purchased a Ford Edge years ago, when they first came out. It came with a little touch up pen and a few other things, it was a nice touch.
Old 04-12-2018, 06:56 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I wouldn't do this on a ceiling...that is very uniform in color. The walls however are textured and varied in color. So it seems to blend better.

I'll see if I can mock something up. Again, if you look at the 4' seams in the wall, you'll see the vertical batten strip. Exact same material as the patch...just, 1".
Can you just pop the batten strip off, cover with 4’ piece you are talking about and put batten strip back on?

Or is that what you have been talking about the whole time? Or is the 1" piece of tape you are mentioning is what your using as a batten strip?
The Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 07:24 PM   #96

Good news. Found something in my basement, it cleaned off 80% of the stains, you can see a little bit of them and the ones I tried other cleaners on before didnt come out. The stuff stinks and set off the propane detector, but Im much happier. It didn’t touch the ceiling stains, so 50/50 this weekend on those.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7968.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	273.7 KB
ID:	168050
Old 04-12-2018, 09:17 PM   #97

Don't laugh

Funny, but every motor home I've bought new I go back in there and before I vacuum up the saw dust I scavenge all the good screws and other hardware laying back there. Really good stuff to have hand when repairing or modifying the interior. Where else for example can you find the exact color of 'brushed bronze' cabinet screw with the same drive head you need to match the other screws?

I say leave behind all you want...so I can build my own 'deluxing' kit.
Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 05:46 PM   #98

Need to resurrect this old thread. Was packing and cleaning getting ready for a 3 week trip and looked at my ceiling, which before this had been spotless, and found the dreaded yellow stains.

So, I am interested in updates on the cleaning of these stains? Did the 50/50 bleach work?

A while back BC posted:
"Halla, let me know how the bleach solution works out for you. It has worked for us when we have seen something like that.

I guess my stance on this is that the stains are barely visible and have been missed by people doing very thorough walk throughs on their coach. it is very faint, and only really shows up when a flashlight is shined (shone??) on it. So, we can continue enjoying our coach to wait out the most convenient solution or we can draw a line in the sand over an aesthetic issue and be miserable. I for one, would not want to take my coach into a dealer over something I could take care of myself in 20 minutes in my driveway. But to each his own. Just so there is no confusion, we would gladly have you drop the coach off at a dealer after making an appointment to get that taken care of...as that is how the warranty process works. If the stains are not removable we would have a company come in like "Creative Colors" and do a color match. Replacing the ceiling would be a highly invasive process."

If the 50/50 didn't work has anyone gone the way of the color matching? There is only one panel, so far, that has the stain. If nothing else works can that panel be replaced easily?
For BC: that strange depression in the ceiling over the dinette needs attention. You mentioned that someone had had it replaced. Looking at mine, the overhead cabinets appear to be mounted to the ceiling covering making it more of an effort to replace the whole slide out ceiling. Would it be possible to just remove half the ceiling and put a seam similar to that which separates the other ceiling panels?
When we get back mid September, I'll stop by Van City in Las Vegas and let them look at this and a few other items before dropping it off to replace the cap.
Thanks for your help..
Old 08-20-2018, 06:42 PM   #99

Send a message via MSN to judy3972
At the FROG rally last week in Goshen the tech's tried th ed bleach solution to no avail. They confirmed what the dealer thought, the glue was causing the problem. They had to spray paint to correct the staining. Ceiling now looks like it should. You will need to get approval from Forest River to cover. I am very happy with the finished result.

Phoenix, Az.
judy3972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 06:48 PM   #100

The "lift off" cleaner I posted a few posts back on this thread cleaned the walls almost perfectly. The ceiling stains never came off, with any of the cleaners or the 50/50 bleach. I tried, but just ignore it now.