Old 03-20-2018, 09:09 PM   #41
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by judy3972 View Post
How is this fixed?
We have found that a 50/50 mix of bleach and water does the trick. Sometimes you might need to hold the towel on there a minute.

Now that we know it is showing up I have my guys checking with flashlights. Still don’t know what might cause it as we have tested every cleaning solution we use.

I do know, back when I was at Sunseeekr I found a pink outside shower door. Not just sorta pink, bright pink. I told my production manager and he changed it out. A day later, I found another one. I asked why they would install them when it was obviously the wrong color. He took me over to the box and they were white. We then found out the plastic door was missing some UV additive and it caused the plastic to go pink when exposed to something. Either sunlight or water, can’t remember. I’ll track it down.

Also, please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 08:41 AM   #42

Brian, what does the manufacturer of the ceiling material and adhesive have to say? They have a dog in this fight too.

I mean Dynamax & Forest River have been building RV ceilings for a long time. It's hard to believe your process is a factor.

Whoever makes the adhesive and the fabric needs to read this thread.

caswelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:06 AM   #43
GM

they say "not us". I don't think it is adhesive bleeding through. Maybe on the wall board, but not the ceiling.
Also, please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:11 AM   #44

QUOTE=bclemens;1760086]
I do know, back when I was at Sunseeekr I found a pink outside shower door. Not just sorta pink, bright pink. I told my production manager and he changed it out. A day later, I found another one. I asked why they would install them when it was obviously the wrong color. He took me over to the box and they were white. We then found out the plastic door was missing some UV additive and it caused the plastic to go pink when exposed to something. Either sunlight or water, canít remember. Iíll track it down.

Brian Clemens - RV Detective!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	detective-clipart-occupations_detective (1) (2).jpg
Views:	54
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	165803  
caswelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 04:15 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountieman View Post
I guess that confirms the " assumption " theory of we can see them before they leave the factory... I will be the bad guy here and dont mind at all.

Hind sight is 20/20 for everyone but the factory should have not let that out the door and pushing it on the dealer to try and clean up. Besides the stain issue Randy deserves a problem solver of the year for the electrical issue he worked out. I would be willing to bet 1 person out of 20 could have tracked that down. Not only an award but you deserved a check from Dynamax also for all the trouble you had to go through.

If you would have taken it back to the factory or to the dealer to figure out the problem, how much would it have cost Dynamax to fix these issues in time and labor??? I'll answer that... It would have taken a long time and a lot of money. You still deserve a check...
In fairness to Dynamax, the hot neutral problem was not their issue but a defective after market adaptor.

HOWEVER

I would remind Brian that it was all started by the fact the Aqua Hot wiring was not terminated to the unit and the conduit had to fixed, etc. I assume that Mr. Clemens has had to special order the 2 XXL "Dynamax" shirts he promised to provide as compensation for fixing the AH issue

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
RV Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 05:43 PM   #46

[QUOTE=RV Randy;1760704]In fairness to Dynamax, the hot neutral problem was not their issue but a defective after market adaptor.

HOWEVER

I stand corrected Randy and appreciate you pointing that out. I do remember that now and do not want to cast blame where it does not go. But as you stated the Aqua Hot wiring was still a problem and a great catch on your part for sure.

PS.... Although (2) XXL shirts do require more material than a regular sized shirt and cost a little more to make, they got a good deal...
Mountieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 07:15 PM   #47

I tried goo gone, mineral spirits and some paint thinner in a hidden spot. No go so far on the walls. Paint thinner looked like it would pull the color out of the wall covering so i washed it off quickly. Bleach is next, ran out of time.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:59 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by halla View Post
I tried goo gone, mineral spirits and some paint thinner in a hidden spot. No go so far on the walls. Paint thinner looked like it would pull the color out of the wall covering so i washed it off quickly. Bleach is next, ran out of time.
Yea I bet so Halla. I tried brake cleaner on a golf cart seat one time and it weakened the material and put a hole in it right in front of my eyes. Is there any way to use a dye on this? I have not seen it and do not know the material but maybe it could be blended or covered with dye. Just trying to throw ideas out for y'all.

I would almost think since those did not work its not on the surface but absorbed in the material. Bleach may bring it back. Anxious for your update
Old 03-23-2018, 09:35 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by halla View Post
Do you have an update on the bleach?
Old 03-23-2018, 10:45 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountieman View Post
. This was noted and documented when we were back at the factory doing a pre-delivery inspection. It was deferred to being an issue the dealer (Lazy Days) could deal with.

Unless I missed something the problem seems limited to this one FR product. So it must be in the product, process, or possibly something one crew does others do not.
What seems strange is a problem found at the factory being pushed forward to the dealer.

CaptnJohn is online now   Reply With Quote