Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2018, 10:21 AM   #21
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammer151 View Post
Are they in certain locations? When i picked mine up from dealer we had random spots above where the slides come in but fortunately they all came off.
That's actually pretty common. What happens in most cases is dust collects on the top of the slide out. It rains which creates dirty water. When the slide comes in...the slide seals reverse pivot to the inside and when they do that they can fling dirty water on the ceiling. I can't tell you how many times a customer has complained that they have a damaged ceiling and are mad...we take a wet wipe, wipe the ceiling and off they come.

Pink stuff is a whole other mystery

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 05:27 PM   #22

I stopped by the RV tonight to measure the feet on the Equalizer Jacks, snappads has the new feet available.

I went inside with the flashlight and noticed the stains, I have some on the wall too, I am guessing the bleach mixture shouldn’t be used on the wallpaper? Also there was spots on the ceiling, but only over the cab, not on the soft ceiling.

Any thoughts on removal of these stains, a bunch of the walls had them. It almost looked like they varnished the cabinets after they were installed and it splashed on the walls?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0030.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	386.8 KB
ID:	165564Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0031.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	212.2 KB
ID:	165565
Old 03-18-2018, 07:42 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by halla View Post
I stopped by the RV tonight to measure the feet on the Equalizer Jacks, snappads has the new feet available.

I went inside with the flashlight and noticed the stains, I have some on the wall too, I am guessing the bleach mixture shouldn’t be used on the wallpaper? Also there was spots on the ceiling, but only over the cab, not on the soft ceiling.

Any thoughts on removal of these stains, a bunch of the walls had them. It almost looked like they varnished the cabinets after they were installed and it splashed on the walls?

Attachment 165564Attachment 165565
Wow Halla I hate that for you. Man that thing is brand hammer new. Seems to be a common thing lately with this stain issue. I hate to say it but between the wiring problems sneaking out of the factory and these stains, PDI's and quality control is in question here. I know that I will get flamed for that comment and thats ok but for what these cost that is inexcusable in my unimportant opinion.

You should not have to clean that up. If you are close enough I would drive it back to the factory and tell them to clean that mess up. I know its the industry and all that yada yada yada but man you waited a long time on that coach and was about as excited as I will be to walk in and see that.

I know its nice having Brian on here helping answer questions on how to fix things but not things the factory should have fixed before it left.
The Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 08:25 PM   #24

Ceiling stains use the 50/50 bleach water with a microfiber towel. Takes a little elbow grease. Brian will have to chime in on the wall paper. I was able to remove all of my stains.

2018 Isata 5 DS
sseaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 07:34 AM   #25

I'm sure Brian already thought of this, but have the stains occurred anywhere other than the I-5s and DX3s? I haven't heard of any stain issues with the Isata 3s & 4s.

Are different processes used on the I-3 & 4 ceiling?

caswelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 10:12 AM   #26
Commercial Member

It seems pretty random and while I appreciate your concern Mountieman, you're assuming that we can see them.

Halla did not notice them when he took a very thorough deliver. It wasn't until he went back with a flash light. We have doused everything that we can in every chemical that we can and we can't recreate the staining. I'm not sure if its a combo of just the right temp, with just the right light or what.

The wall board is vinyl. I would test a small hidden spot first.

Old 03-19-2018, 11:33 AM   #27

I agree Brian, I didnt see them with the normal lights on and when I did the walk through, not blaming anyone, just want to try and get it fixed if I can. I will try a few things on the wall in a secret spot.

I do have a bottle of Oxy type stain remover, read on another RV Blog that it works to remove spots on ceilings and walls. I will report if I have any luck.

It seems that a bright LED flashlight shows you things your naked eye in normal light cannot see. Stupid flashlight.
Old 03-19-2018, 11:43 AM   #28

Does look like varnish, seem like a warranty claim to me.
dlfishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 12:51 PM   #29

It’s definitely not varnish. The pink ones I know what they are. The yellow ones are a mystery.

2018 Isata 5 DS
sseaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 01:18 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
It seems pretty random and while I appreciate your concern Mountieman, you're assuming that we can see them.
Well since you called me out by name I am " assuming " I stepped in muddy water. I directed my comment to Halla because I feel bad for the guy. I can tell he loves this stuff and spends a lot of time and money and seems like a good guy.

I am not assuming anything but merely stating facts. If I am wrong please correct me. There seems to be a mysterious stain showing up on the ceilings and walls after customers get home. Since its the same type of stain, we can assume its not the customer. I think we can agree the stain is there and happens pre-delivery and Dynamax keeps sending them out the door hoping it does not happen to this one.

We also have the electrical problem which there is absolutely no way possible those coaches were thoroughly inspected and each part of the unit tried out before it left the factory. This one could have been very dangerous. If the wires were crossed when they get home and things do not work correctly, I would guess the wires were crossed when they left the factory and did not work correctly. This to me seems like it would have been caught before it left which again brings up the quality control issue which would be a department at the factory I would guess.

Nobody is perfect and this is just a simple conversation between owners and future owners. You seem to work very hard and I was just stating an observation.

I do have concern for quality control as I would expect we all do. In my world perfection is the only satisfactory acceptance and should be what we all expect and strive for.

Halla I apologize and really hope you get the stains cleaned up.

P.S. Throw said flashlight away..
Old 03-19-2018, 01:32 PM   #31

We have the same type of stains in various spots on our ceiling. This was noted and documented when we were back at the factory doing a pre-delivery inspection. It was deferred to being an issue the dealer (Lazy Days) could deal with.

We did a pre PDI trip to Lazy Days and pointed this and other items out to their delivery prep team. I also gave them hard copies of the forum string on this topic recommending the 50/50 bleach solution. They claim they tried everything and could not get them off.

So I'm still waiting to see what the resolution is and/or what cleaning solution actually works safely.

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
RV Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 02:56 PM   #32

If it helps at all I think this is a bigger issue than just Dynamax. I just traded in a 2015 Coachmen Apex and it had 2 stains that looked just like the pictures Halla posted. I always assumed the one on the ceiling was some type of adhesive. I never tried to remove the stain for fear of making the ceiling look worse. I haven't noticed them in our new camper (not a FR brand) but I will look very closely tonight...
2015 Coachmen Apex 259BHSS 50th Anniversary (sold)
rjc1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 03:18 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Randy View Post
We have the same type of stains in various spots on our ceiling. This was noted and documented when we were back at the factory doing a pre-delivery inspection. It was deferred to being an issue the dealer (Lazy Days) could deal with.

We did a pre PDI trip to Lazy Days and pointed this and other items out to their delivery prep team. I also gave them hard copies of the forum string on this topic recommending the 50/50 bleach solution. They claim they tried everything and could not get them off.

So I'm still waiting to see what the resolution is and/or what cleaning solution actually works safely.
I guess that confirms the " assumption " theory of we can see them before they leave the factory... I will be the bad guy here and dont mind at all.

Hind sight is 20/20 for everyone but the factory should have not let that out the door and pushing it on the dealer to try and clean up. Besides the stain issue Randy deserves a problem solver of the year for the electrical issue he worked out. I would be willing to bet 1 person out of 20 could have tracked that down. Not only an award but you deserved a check from Dynamax also for all the trouble you had to go through.

If you would have taken it back to the factory or to the dealer to figure out the problem, how much would it have cost Dynamax to fix these issues in time and labor??? I'll answer that... It would have taken a long time and a lot of money. You still deserve a check...
Old 03-19-2018, 03:29 PM   #34

Our 2013 Mobile Suites 5er had some; could only be seen if looking at them in the right light. Every time I go to our DX3 I mean to look at the ceiling. Keep forgetting or maybe conflict avoidance? Did have some of those wiper seal stains that rub off, like Brian mentioned earlier.
Perhaps these stains show up after a period of time? Not at initial construction PDI. Not trying to give any excuses, but it may take a cure period to show up.
hook47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 11:23 AM   #35

Randy are you waiting to hear from the Dealer, the factory or just anybody that figures out how to clean it off?
Old 03-20-2018, 02:30 PM   #36

Send a message via MSN to judy3972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountieman View Post
Well since you called me out by name I am " assuming " I stepped in muddy water. I directed my comment to Halla because I feel bad for the guy. I can tell he loves this stuff and spends a lot of time and money and seems like a good guy.

I am not assuming anything but merely stating facts. If I am wrong please correct me. There seems to be a mysterious stain showing up on the ceilings and walls after customers get home. Since its the same type of stain, we can assume its not the customer. I think we can agree the stain is there and happens pre-delivery and Dynamax keeps sending them out the door hoping it does not happen to this one.

We also have the electrical problem which there is absolutely no way possible those coaches were thoroughly inspected and each part of the unit tried out before it left the factory. This one could have been very dangerous. If the wires were crossed when they get home and things do not work correctly, I would guess the wires were crossed when they left the factory and did not work correctly. This to me seems like it would have been caught before it left which again brings up the quality control issue which would be a department at the factory I would guess.

Nobody is perfect and this is just a simple conversation between owners and future owners. You seem to work very hard and I was just stating an observation.

I do have concern for quality control as I would expect we all do. In my world perfection is the only satisfactory acceptance and should be what we all expect and strive for.

Halla I apologize and really hope you get the stains cleaned up.

P.S. Throw said flashlight away..
The stains on our coach ceiling are visible with the naked eye and are not pink but a yellowest color. The stains appeared after a particularly heavy rain storm, they are all over the ceiling and not just in one area. As we are in Arizona this rarely happens so I made the assumption (I know better than to assume) that it was a roof leak. When I took the unit in for warranty work I was told it was not a leak but the glue that was used and it is leaking through and discoloring the ceiling. Still no resolution with this issue. Also so we have an issue with the ceiling lights on the drivers side in the living area. The lights keep failing. This post is for information purposes.

Phoenix, Az.
judy3972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 03:23 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by judy3972 View Post
The stains on our coach ceiling are visible with the naked eye and are not pink but a yellowest color. The stains appeared after a particularly heavy rain storm, they are all over the ceiling and not just in one area. As we are in Arizona this rarely happens so I made the assumption (I know better than to assume) that it was a roof leak. When I took the unit in for warranty work I was told it was not a leak but the glue that was used and it is leaking through and discoloring the ceiling. Still no resolution with this issue. Also so we have an issue with the ceiling lights on the drivers side in the living area. The lights keep failing. This post is for information purposes.
This makes good sense and I would think this could be correct. I guess if it is the problem when some are seeing it earlier then others maybe humidity, amount of glue used and maybe some other factors come in to play. Either way I think the ceilings should be replaced, coated, or something and made right for you guys. Maybe a resolution or solution will come around soon..
Old 03-20-2018, 04:34 PM   #38
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caswelld View Post
I'm sure Brian already thought of this, but have the stains occurred anywhere other than the I-5s and DX3s? I haven't heard of any stain issues with the Isata 3s & 4s.

Are different processes used on the I-3 & 4 ceiling?

Nope. I have not seen it on the 3 or 4. Same roofing material is used. But as I said before...we have caught some and we fix them. Some just frankly don't show up until its down the road...and we can't fix what we can't see.

Old 03-20-2018, 05:46 PM   #39

Send a message via MSN to judy3972
Quote:
Nope. I have not seen it on the 3 or 4. Same roofing material is used. But as I said before...we have caught some and we fix them. Some just frankly don't show up until its down the road...and we can't fix what we can't see.
How is this fixed?

Phoenix, Az.
judy3972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 08:10 PM   #40

Quote:
But as I said before...we have caught some and we fix them. Some just frankly don't show up until its down the road...and we can't fix what we can't see.
. This was noted and documented when we were back at the factory doing a pre-delivery inspection. It was deferred to being an issue the dealer (Lazy Days) could deal with.