Old 06-01-2016, 09:48 PM   #1

Chicken or the egg

SO! The force and jayco Seneca are almost identical.

Who came first?
Major differences?

2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS

Old 06-02-2016, 07:36 AM   #2

I may be wrong, which happens daily. I believe Seneca came first and Dynamax bought the forms from Jayco.

2016 Dynamax Force. Just-Rite2

Old 06-02-2016, 10:04 AM   #3
GM

Lol..not quite.

Dynamax has been building on the Freightliner chassis since 2000.

Seneca was originally built on the Kodiak, medium duty chassis. When that chassis went away around...2009, they started building the Embark on the M2 33k and appeared to copy some of the design styles from the Dynaquest line. When that did poorly, they came out with the lower priced Seneca on the M2 28K.

Dynamax had been building on the M2 33k chassis for years. The Force then came out on the 28k, but we used most of the tooling we had for the 33k chassis, not Jayco's. No relation between either company.

So a little bit of both.

Specs are pretty similar, but we try and do things a little more "robust" shall we say. We use AGM batteries standard. While they make you pay for upgraded paint, our upgraded paint is standard (all done in house, they shop theirs out, which means out slides are painted before they are installed and we cut and buff everything.) 3M diamond shield is standard, 10 gallon water heater, they run a Girard tankless that we gave up on due to inconsistent heating, We have a lower cab to coach transition, swivel cab seats, soft close drawer guides, 32" bedroom TV, 80 gallon fuel, 20 gallon propane, 100 gallon fresh.

Our construction (walls, floor, roof) is pretty hard to beat. If they're still building all they C's the same way, they had 1.5" walls versus our 2" walls.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 10:14 AM   #4

Well the good news is I was wrong today, lol.

I agree, the Seneca is really a lower quality unit, at the Cleveland RV show this year we went through the Seneca and it was a lot different than the Dynamax, the furnishings, cabinets, flooring was all "cheaper" feeling.

Now I have to be right about something today to even it all out.
Old 06-02-2016, 10:17 AM   #5
GM

I will not even try to argue that one...I'll let you be right
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Old 07-27-2016, 11:49 PM   #6

Brian,
it would be nice if the Dynamax site had more information on the differentiators between how you guys build the coach versus others. The site is very high level and geeks like me want more data to evaluate things with before making a big decision like this. I will say that the choice in the water heating system which may seem small to some is a big issue that I am tired of dealing with. As you pointed out the Girard WH are very inconsistent. We are finding that if we can get the water pressure right, it is more managable, but still a PITA that requires hook ups.

Thanks, CarlB
Old 07-28-2016, 07:41 AM   #7
GM

Well, we give you as much info as we possibly can, but try not to mention our competitors and list side by side comparisons. We do a little of that internally, so we can dispel false information and help train salespeople about the differences...but stop short.

One of the reasons is that things are constantly changing. I have seen my competitors do a comparison and the information is so woefully out dated and incorrect, they should be embarrassed. We will be doing more video walk throughs and point or purchase materials in the coming months, but none of that existed before I got here....so we are starting from scratch.

If there is a specific product you would like contrasted, let me know and I can give you a quick rundown of things to look for. I'll go as far as to list anything a consumer has told me they consider an advantage for the competitor. I like to be fair.
Old 07-28-2016, 08:29 AM   #8

Brian,
I work in Pre-Sales so I know the landmines of asserting competitor X does this and its bad. I take the same stance, there is enough to learn about my own gear that I really can't focus on the other stuff. Details that I am thinking would be nice to have disclosed is how the structure of the house part of the RV is made, wood framing, aluminum, steel, insulation methods and Rfactors for walls and roof. Details on cabinetry construction as well.

I feel the info and imagery on Dynamax - Manufacturer of Luxury Class C & Super C Motorhomes doesn't do a great job of speaking to what the Dynamax story is.
Old 07-28-2016, 09:39 AM   #9
GM

Working on that a bit. Here is the 3 series POP poster we're putting in each unit now. We'll have a similar design for all products, including the construction cutaway.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf DY Isata3 Fea&Opt Poster 18x24 V5.pdf (741.5 KB, 20 views)
Old 07-28-2016, 10:05 AM   #10

I think those Super class C Dynamax motorhomes are pretty darn cool. I'm just tussling with the question of why one of these over a equally priced class A diesel. Seems you get more bang for the buck with a class A.

2015 Crossroads Zinger ZT28BH
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote