Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2018, 11:30 AM   #1

Class A Super C?

I just saw a post on Facebook that links to a video. Renegade is selling a Super C on a Freightliner Cascadia as a Class A.

Supposedly the truck portion is completely open to the back of the unit making it an “integrated chassis/truck combination”.

If you watch the video it does’t look any different than how our cabs are connected to the chassis.

Seems that if this works, then I think Dynamax is good to reclassify ours as Super A’s.
Old 07-03-2018, 11:39 AM   #2
Commercial Member

They also build on the S2RV and FCCC claims it was designed for Motorhomes...really its not. It's just a renamed business Class truck that is a de-contented M2.
"Custom Tuned Sachs Shocks". You mean stock.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 11:45 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to letsgorving Send a message via MSN to letsgorving Send a message via Yahoo to letsgorving
I read that RVIA reclassified us saying if you have no cab over you're a class A? But I can't find any info suggesting that now.
Old 07-05-2018, 08:12 AM   #4
Commercial Member

I don't see how they can do that. It has always been Class C based on "Cab Chassis", not the overhang.

Old 07-05-2018, 10:35 AM   #5

Send a message via AIM to letsgorving Send a message via MSN to letsgorving Send a message via Yahoo to letsgorving
Well it was "fake news" then. If you haven't heard about it, it isn't so.
Old 07-05-2018, 03:18 PM   #6
jkoenig24

Just because a builder makes their product look like a Super-C, doesn't mean you're getting a true Super-C RV.

My understanding is that a TRUE Super-C RV is built on an HDT (Heavy Duty Truck) cab/chassis (ie Class 7 or Class 8 based truck). Federal DOT has SEVEN truck classifications based on GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating). HDTs are either Class 7 or Class 8 (Class 4,5, and 6 are MDTs; Class 1, 2, and 3 are LDTs). A Class 7 HDT starts at 26,001# and goes up to 33,000# GVWR. A Class 8 HDT starts at 33,001# and goes up to whatever the builder specs call for. MANY "wanna-be Super C" RVs are built on Class 6 (or even Class 5) MDTs MEDIUM Duty Trucks). A quick way to check is what size diesel engine is installed. Class 8 = 11 liter engines or more. Class 7 = ~ 9 liter diesel. Class 6 = ~ 6 liter diesel.

The Freightliner M2 "Business Class" cab/chassis can be specced as either a Class 6 MDT OR, as a Class 7 HDT. I've had a couple of truck shops think my Dynamax DX3-37RB was a MEDIUM Duty Truck. I don't know if there would be any difference in parts/service for an MDT vs a HDT but, I always point out that my truck has a GVWR of 33,000# which firmly places it in the HDT category.
jkoenig24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 04:08 PM   #7
Commercial Member

Well, technically, there is official classification as "Super C" at the BMV. Super C is an industry term coined to describe Class C's that are built on chassis larger than the traditional Ford E450 (at 14,500lbs GVWR).

So while people may call lesser rigs a "Super C", it doesn't make them "Super"

Old 07-05-2018, 08:01 PM   #8

I like to think that I make mine “super”. LOL. Well maybe mine could be a Stealth C?
Old 07-06-2018, 09:24 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Well, technically, there is official classification as "Super C" at the BMV. Super C is an industry term coined to describe Class C's that are built on chassis larger than the traditional Ford E450 (at 14,500lbs GVWR).

So while people may call lesser rigs a "Super C", it doesn't make them "Super"
So is the my Isata 5 considered and "Almost Super C" or a "Super C" since it is 19,500 GVWR?
Go Gators
Rrzasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 11:09 AM   #10
Commercial Member

It is a "Super" C.

Old 07-06-2018, 11:41 AM   #11

Thanks Brian. On another note, anything new in the pipeline with the Isata 5's? The wife was just telling me that if they made an Isata 5 with triple slides, that would be her next coach. I kind of agree with her, we averaged 11.1 MPG this past weekend trip in our Isata 5. Don't think I'd ever see that in a Force or DX3.

I told her that it would not be 36', it would have to be more like 32' for a triple slide Isata 5 bacause of weight issues.
Go Gators
Rrzasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 12:03 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrzasa View Post
Thanks Brian. On another note, anything new in the pipeline with the Isata 5's? The wife was just telling me that if they made an Isata 5 with triple slides, that would be her next coach. I kind of agree with her, we averaged 11.1 MPG this past weekend trip in our Isata 5. Don't think I'd ever see that in a Force or DX3.

I told her that it would not be 36', it would have to be more like 32' for a triple slide Isata 5 bacause of weight issues.

We get 99mpg in the Force HD, every downhill we hit. Lol.
Old 07-06-2018, 05:20 PM   #13

Quote:
So is the my Isata 5 considered and "Almost Super C" or a "Super C" since it is 19,500 GVWR?

I’m thinking when they put Dynamax on it, you have a “Super” C!
caswelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 09:33 AM   #14
Commercial Member

Quote:

Nothing yet. Triple slide would be too much weight. My team designed the Sunseeker 2500, Forest 2501. I think that is the only way (that floor plan) where we could get a triple slide. There are some trade offs.

Old 07-09-2018, 04:33 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by halla View Post
I like to think that I make mine “super”. LOL. Well maybe mine could be a Stealth C?
Your's is actually an SS

Super Stealth

Mark
Orangecrush is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a