Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-04-2018, 07:49 PM   #1

Question "Classic Dynamax" restoration

This is really just a "feeler" thread to see if there is any interest in seeing the projects that I am about to start on our "new to us" 2006 Dynaquest 320 SL. I would be happy to start a new thread for each of the repairs/modifications That I plan to perform on this beautiful coach. A couple of things I would like to say in advance. 1) I repair things for a living BUT I am certainly NOT an RV expert. 2) I would love any and all advice on anything that I do. 3) This is not meant to be a "how to" article but rather it is more of "this is how I did it". YMMV (your milage may vary) so follow these threads with caution and seek help from professionals before attempting any of this yourself. PLEASE...if there is not any interest in viewing these threads by ALL means dont encourage me, my feelings wont be hurt. I will be just as happy to complete these tasks in private. We also intend to use this coach regularly while these repairs take place, so it will not be a quick process. My wife and I take weekend trips every couple of weeks during the peak season and several week long trips through the year. I purchased it last June from what I believe to be the second owner. Here is the list of tasks that I intend to perform, not in any particular order.
1) repair an ABS light that stays on on the instrument cluster (this is already in progress)

2) Change the Allison transmission fluid to the synthetic TRANSYND oil and change filters on Allison 3000 TRV_P.

3) Replace radiator expansion tank

4) replace LP detector

5) install winterization valve (allows RV antifreeze to be drawn directly out of gallon jug)

6) install "stinky slinky" storage tube (cant for the life of me figure out why it doesn't have one)

7) install new rear camera with its own separate monitor and replace dash radio (existing one is not operational)

8)repair Girard awning remote.(currently works from wall switch only)

9) install LED bulbs in all fixtures and add ground effect lighting and under awning LED strip

10) repair wall paper blisters (from excessive humidity during storage)

11)replace or repair galley slideout seal ( not leaking but is visibly pulling off one corner )

12) polish Accuride aluminum wheels and replace rear axle covers

13) replace dashboard plastic that is broken and causing dash to rattle at idle vibrations

14) install Brakemaster controller for toad.

15)add insulation to the front cap to reduce heat/cold loss and to minimize road noise.

This is the "short list". Overall this coach is in great shape with only 55000 miles on the CAT C7 rated at 300hp and 860 ft/lbs torque. We have put 6000 of those miles on it ourselves and are very happy with it. I believe it to be a testament to Dynamax quality to have this 12 year old coach in such great shape.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170617_122735 (2).jpg
Views:	110
Size:	572.8 KB
ID:	161705  
Old 02-04-2018, 08:24 PM   #2

always interested in hearing and learning from others. Would be glad to throw in my 2 cents whenever I see something I can help with. Good luck.
Old 02-04-2018, 08:37 PM   #3

I would enjoy that.
Go UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 10:30 PM   #4

I'll enjoy it as well.
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 10:54 PM   #5

On some forums they would call it a " Build Thread " so have at it and show us the pics as you go along . I like seeing things like your fixing to do. Now that we know we are practically neighbors if you need some help you can always ask.

If its really hard work, dont call me.. LOL If its something easy try not to call me. LOL If its something really easy... Give me a call and I will be there.

Just kidding. I be there if you ask.......... And Pay good
The Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 01:29 AM   #6

Yes please proceed, great idea and we would learn a lot and pics would be very beneficial.
columbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 07:40 AM   #7

Yes would like to see. Any pictures of the inside?
joet19711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 02:42 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolbaldguy View Post
This is really just a "feeler" thread to see if there is any interest in seeing the projects that I am about to start on our "new to us" 2006 Dynaquest 320 SL. I would be happy to start a new thread for each of the repairs/modifications That I plan to perform on this beautiful coach. A couple of things I would like to say in advance. 1) I repair things for a living BUT I am certainly NOT an RV expert. 2) I would love any and all advice on anything that I do. 3) This is not meant to be a "how to" article but rather it is more of "this is how I did it". YMMV (your milage may vary) so follow these threads with caution and seek help from professionals before attempting any of this yourself. PLEASE...if there is not any interest in viewing these threads by ALL means dont encourage me, my feelings wont be hurt. I will be just as happy to complete these tasks in private. We also intend to use this coach regularly while these repairs take place, so it will not be a quick process. My wife and I take weekend trips every couple of weeks during the peak season and several week long trips through the year. I purchased it last June from what I believe to be the second owner. Here is the list of tasks that I intend to perform, not in any particular order.

1) repair an ABS light that stays on on the instrument cluster (this is already in progress)

2) Change the Allison transmission fluid to the synthetic TRANSYND oil and change filters on Allison 3000 TRV_P.

3) Replace radiator expansion tank

4) replace LP detector

5) install winterization valve (allows RV antifreeze to be drawn directly out of gallon jug)

6) install "stinky slinky" storage tube (cant for the life of me figure out why it doesn't have one)

7) install new rear camera with its own separate monitor and replace dash radio (existing one is not operational)

8)repair Girard awning remote.(currently works from wall switch only)

9) install LED bulbs in all fixtures and add ground effect lighting and under awning LED strip

10) repair wall paper blisters (from excessive humidity during storage)

11)replace or repair galley slideout seal ( not leaking but is visibly pulling off one corner )

12) polish Accuride aluminum wheels and replace rear axle covers

13) replace dashboard plastic that is broken and causing dash to rattle at idle vibrations

14) install Brakemaster controller for toad.

15)add insulation to the front cap to reduce heat/cold loss and to minimize road noise.

This is the "short list". Overall this coach is in great shape with only 55000 miles on the CAT C7 rated at 300hp and 860 ft/lbs torque. We have put 6000 of those miles on it ourselves and are very happy with it. I believe it to be a testament to Dynamax quality to have this 12 year old coach in such great shape.

Go for it, totally interested here.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 07:42 PM   #9

Smile

Okay I will do it. I do believe that I will start a new thread for each project rather than a "build thread" just so it will be easier to search and find topical information in the the future for others. Here are a few more pics of the coach my wife and I have dubbed "Freebird".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170506_155554.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	310.4 KB
ID:	161786   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170506_155600.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	246.2 KB
ID:	161787   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170506_163429.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	387.0 KB
ID:	161788   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171029_132856.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	304.6 KB
ID:	161789   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170902_120044 (1).jpg
Views:	82
Size:	636.3 KB
ID:	161790  

Old 02-05-2018, 07:57 PM   #10

Thanks for the pictures.. I like them...
joet19711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 01:44 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolbaldguy View Post
Okay I will do it. I do believe that I will start a new thread for each project rather than a "build thread" just so it will be easier to search and find topical information in the the future for others. Here are a few more pics of the coach my wife and I have dubbed "Freebird".

Anticipating watching your progress.

When you are done you can park it in my driveway and leave the keys, no charge for parking. :-)

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote