Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2018, 09:32 PM   #1

Couple issues

We have had our Isata 3 since February and have a couple small issues. The first one is this knob came off the side of the passenger seat that controls the back of the seat going forward or back. I tried putting it back on but it looks like I may be missing a piece.

The other picture is of a plastic piece that broke off the awning when we were moving it out.

Our dealer is 600 mile away. We have only used the RV 2 times. I'm not mad. I think it's a great unit and stuff happens. Just not sure who to contact.

Thanks for any help[emoji2] Click image for larger version

Name:	20180621_191147.jpeg
Views:	93
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	176801Click image for larger version

Name:	20180621_191209.jpeg
Views:	103
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	176802Click image for larger version

Name:	20180621_191122.jpeg
Views:	72
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	176803Click image for larger version

Name:	20180621_191108.jpeg
Views:	76
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	176804
Fireplaceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 11:02 PM   #2

I had the same plastic piece pop off my awning as well. Carefree sent me a replacement but I have yet to install it as I can’t see where it popped off. They said it was part 16 in the schematic posted below. You have the Dual canopy frame so swipe to the left on the schematic to change from Single to Dual.

https://www.e-carefree.com/ecarefree...r?productId=91

Can’t help on the seat, but that should be a Mercedes warranty issue.
Old 06-21-2018, 11:10 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman55 View Post
I had the same plastic piece pop off my awning as well. Carefree sent me a replacement but I have yet to install it as I can’t see where it popped off.
[/url]
We have a similar awning and the plastic pieces snap together to cover the endings. We got black duck tape and wound it around both cap ends. One of our friends commented that the duck tape wasn't noticeable and looked like it had come that way.

Not a great design because ours came off on our way home from picking it up. Possibly a wind issue. Dynamax sent us a replacement.
Old 06-22-2018, 08:11 AM   #4
Commercial Member

I think Carefree is changing or has changed that design. In the meantime, when you put it back on, use a dab of silicone on that awning cap. That should stop it.

As for the seat...I'll have to look back over some emails, I think I had some pictures of one from a dealer where the whole rod came out...I'll see if there was a metal retainer ring or anything.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 08:33 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman55 View Post
I had the same plastic piece pop off my awning as well. Carefree sent me a replacement but I have yet to install it as I can’t see where it popped off. They said it was part 16 in the schematic posted below. You have the Dual canopy frame so swipe to the left on the schematic to change from Single to Dual.

https://www.e-carefree.com/ecarefree...r?productId=91

Can’t help on the seat, but that should be a Mercedes warranty issue.
Thank for the information. I found where it popped off from by looking at both sides. It's on the top side of the frame.
Old 06-22-2018, 08:34 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I think Carefree is changing or has changed that design. In the meantime, when you put it back on, use a dab of silicone on that awning cap. That should stop it.

As for the seat...I'll have to look back over some emails, I think I had some pictures of one from a dealer where the whole rod came out...I'll see if there was a metal retainer ring or anything.
You are correct the rod does slide out with that knob not being on there.