Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2019, 07:59 PM   #1

Couple minor issues with new dynaquest xl

I am out of town on business for a few days so my apologies if this is in the manual, but it's bugging me and I'm hoping to find answers so I can just fix it when I'm home. We leave for a trip on Friday so I won't have much time to sort these out.

We just picked up our unit last Friday. Everything functioned perfectly for the first trip from the dealer to the house. Then moving the unit from my place to storage these issue popped up. Haven't had a chance to dig into it at all, any thoughts will be much appreciated.

1- cameras: all the cameras stopped working. No backup camera in reverse no side cameras when turn signals are activated. Black screen comes up on display with lines but no camera feed.

2- instrument cluster backlight does not turn off. I might have just not noticed it in the sunlight but when I parked in the shop I noticed the instrument cluster backlight remained on regardless of key position. Headlights and markers are off, no other interior lights on. The only way to get them to shut off was to turn off the battery disconnect by the drivers seat.

Thanks!
Ipkoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 08:59 AM   #2
Commercial Member

1. sounds like the video feed cable came loose from the distribution box. I seem to recall that was in the cabinet above the seats (if non cab-over). Maybe below the false panel in the cab over cabbie closet to the nose if a cab-over.

2. ANY time a door is opened, button pushed etc, the dash lights come on. They are on a delay, I think it is 60 seconds. So hong long after looking did you notice? after some time? or just what seemed like a long time.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 09:12 AM   #3

Thanks for the info. We have cabover, I'll check in that cubby when I'm back. I looked through there and it's possible I pulled it loose.

I feel like definitely sat for more than 60 seconds with the door closed but I will confirm. It's just the instrument cluster backlight nothing else.

Thanks for your help, I'll let you know if these don't fix the issue
Ipkoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 10:23 AM   #4

Couple minor issues with new dynaquest xl

My instrument cluster has done the same thing a couple of times. First time I opened and closed both cab doors and 60 seconds or so later it went out. Second time the doors didn’t help so I stuck the key in the ignition and jiggled it. Removed the key and waited the 60 seconds and the cluster went dark. Little gremlin crawling around behind the dash I guess. Hasn’t happened again.
“Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on”
MoJoe1003 is offline   Reply With Quote