Old 07-08-2016, 10:09 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I rarely see cracked tiles. We use a flexible grout designed for this type of environment and the floors float anyway. We use Snap-Stone...which is a tile, basically glued into a plastic tray. The plastic trays snap together. Makes replacing a tile loads of fun...grout has to come out of course, but then you need to cut the tabs off the plastic tray to get it out.

Almost looks like an impact with that chip taken out. Or maybe it was a high edge and pressure on the tile let it sink right there. Where is that tile on the floor?
Brian, I find it hard to believe you rarely see cracked tiles, but I will take your word on it. Maybe i am an exception.

We found one cracked tile a week after taking delivery of our Georgetown 369XL last December. It was located directly in front of the fireplace. It was promptly replaced by the dealer along with a few other minor issues. Fortunately, a box of spare tiles was sent with the coach. We now have two other cracked tiles. ( by the way, they did an awesome job.) One is along the side of the bad. Out of sight, out of mind. The other is by the sink. It looks to me that the counter was installed over a full tile. I see only two options. One would be remove the counter. The other is cut it out and try to cut a new piece around the cabinet. At this point, I would rather put up with the cracked tile. I will deal with it in the future if the broken piece works loose.

My biggest concern it where the grout is separating from the tile. I am worried about moisture getting between the tile and the underlayment causing damage. Particularly in the shower area. If I understand you correctly, this is not possible with the plastic tray that the tiles are glued into. What kind of glue and grout is being used (brand name if possible). I am fairly confident I will be making repairs long after the warranty is expired.

Old 07-08-2016, 10:24 PM   #12
GM

I'm with the Dynamax division, so I can't speak for what Georgetown sees. Different type of unit and different construction than our stuff. As for moisture, you can still be worried, this plastic trays are just frames, not solid trays. we use a flexible grout that comes pre-mixed. I know snap stone makes one, but I'm not sure if we use that or just a flexible grout. If too much water is used, makes it easy to grout, but can end up brittle.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 10:51 PM   #13

Good info Brian. Thank you. I know Anderson has a premix grout that is flexible. I have used that in a stick house and loved the results. I was thinking of using that when the times comes to do the repair.
Old 07-15-2016, 12:47 PM   #14

Did the tile already ship. Just found another one outside the bedroom centered between the wall and bunk with the same crack pattern. Definitely starting to think there's a problem. Can you send a few tiles to be safe?
Old 07-18-2016, 04:57 PM   #15
GM

I asked them to send 3 or 4 just to be safe.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 05:05 PM   #16

One step ahead of me