Old 07-05-2016, 08:27 AM   #1

Cracked tile

Came back to our DX3 to get ready to the weekend and found a tile in the floor cracked. Was pretty bummed to see this, I had thought the floor was going to be pretty durable.

Do you guys see much of this?

What are my options?

Old 07-05-2016, 09:03 AM   #2
GM

I rarely see cracked tiles. We use a flexible grout designed for this type of environment and the floors float anyway. We use Snap-Stone...which is a tile, basically glued into a plastic tray. The plastic trays snap together. Makes replacing a tile loads of fun...grout has to come out of course, but then you need to cut the tabs off the plastic tray to get it out.

Almost looks like an impact with that chip taken out. Or maybe it was a high edge and pressure on the tile let it sink right there. Where is that tile on the floor?

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 09:14 AM   #3

I was also trying to figure out of the chipping came before the cracking (impact) or vice versa. If you look up along the crack to the upper right there's some similar chipping along it that makes me wonder if its flexing? I definitely dont see any crushing or scuffing that I'd think would come with an impact unless it was absolutely needle pointed.

Location is just inside the door to the left. 2-3 tiles from the counter, probably even with, or just interior to the counter edge along the stairs.
Old 07-07-2016, 03:25 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURWHL View Post
Came back to our DX3 to get ready to the weekend and found a tile in the floor cracked. Was pretty bummed to see this, I had thought the floor was going to be pretty durable.

Do you guys see much of this?

What are my options?

I have one of those chips as well. My cracks seem to be originating from corner areas. I am compiling a list for next year to send to Brian, and then try to set up a time when I can bring my rig to Elkhart. My list is not long.

Mike
2016 Force HD
Old 07-08-2016, 07:50 AM   #5

So I guess what steps need to be taken to determine if this is a warranty issue or not? Seems like the first step at least.
Old 07-08-2016, 08:01 AM   #6
GM

Depends on how you want to handle it. You would normally take it to a dealer, have them diagnose and get pre-authorization on a repair. If you're handy, I can certainly send a couple of tiles and some grout.

Just be aware, those are snap-tiles. So once the grout is clear, you need to cut the tabs off. Repair instructions here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=VuDd3WneDyE
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Old 07-08-2016, 11:02 AM   #7

Watched a few videos, doesn't look TOO terrible. Probably will be time ahead to do it myself rather than drive to a dealer.

Any chance I can get a window knob thrown in too?
Old 07-08-2016, 11:12 AM   #8
GM

Holy cow, a window knob? Some people these days....

PM me your VIN and contact info/shipping info including phone number...I'll see what I can do.
Old 07-08-2016, 11:30 AM   #9

rabble*rabble*ungrateful*rabble*rabble

PM Sent. Thanks for your continued great service!
Old 07-08-2016, 01:24 PM   #10
GM

Got it. Parts is out until Monday, but we'll get it rolling then.