Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2019, 04:52 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancher Rob View Post
Can we still add to this dated list?:

1. Rear skates/swivel coasters for when the rear drags
2. One single Key Fob with multiple functions (XL basement locking compartments)
3. Working/Better CB antenna
4. Black and Grey tank overflows - Gross but better than flooding inside if ever needed.
5. Built-in adjustable city water pressure regulator with gauges
6. Relocate the wineguard Connect reset and sim card into the cabin instead of on-top
7. Rear ladder with security feature.
8. Opening master and over cab bunk windows w/screens
9. Over Cab Bunk front window
10. Solid panel (not the frosted glass) panels in partition doors. bright light comes through into master everytime a kid flips on bunk lamp.
11. Fresh water tank ports, sensors, located inboard so easy to access. An access port would be nice too.
12. 110v and usb power ports above dining room table (laptop) and for theater seats and on both sides of master bed and in kitchen surround wall above counter(for coffee pot or toaster).
13. Can the black tank flush (add a grey one too) just be a valve from the city water?
14. Run a round over bit across the edges/corners of plywood before upholstering.
15. Make the dinette seat access an end drawer so you don't need to make people get up when you need the vacuum or other items.
16. Something besides the barely working Dyson vac. Central Vac with Hide-a-Hose?
17. A blackout option for the light switch bar in the master bedroom. That glowing blue button is very bright at 1:00 am
18. Room for a bathroom waste can. Especially for when I have 4 girls with me.
19. A top deck for lawn chairs like they had in the old days.
20. 4" more room at the side of the master towards the back window so that those of us who are hobbits can walk there.

That's off the top of my head from the first trip. I'll let you know more after the 2nd trip.
Some of these ideas were discussed in previous threads.

I see you may have a sailboat. Did it come with everything you wanted or did you have to outfit it to your preferences?

I heard that Liberty coaches have a water pressure regulator built in.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 05:21 PM   #42
Seņor Miembro

I used to be a sailor. While I did upgrade and outfit boats to my preferences, they usually came with all the basics that usually worked. Especially safety gear.
Similar to what I listed I thought should be on the RVs , boats had:

Automatic bilge pump, bilge high-water alarm, backup manual bilge pump (got to use that 20 miles off shore one night!) to prevent flooding (granted more of an issue at sea than on the highway),
Access ports on tanks for cleanout, inspection, etc.
Boarding ladder
Ports that opened and had screens
A serviceable VHF radio and antenna (not that I fault FR/Dynamax for Freightliners crappy CB antenna but it would be good will for their customers if they took the time to replace it and/or make it work while outfitting the chassis).
A top deck for lawn chairs.

I'm just adding to the list of what I'd like to see the RV's come with that I think the majority of customers would like and appreciate. Especially those that a very difficult to retrofit after purchase like overflow drains, For what little it's worth.

I'm glad the RV's come with roller furling of the horizontal sails!
Rancher Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 05:21 PM   #43

just buy a nice soundbar by Vizio or anyone that fits in your unit, wall mount, or hide behind tv, or under tv. They sound great, especially if you have added room for a subwoofer. Some Bluetooth speakers link up together so you could put one in front, one in back, and that would give you a low db nice sound.
dannko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 02:54 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangecrush View Post
There may be another thread like this but nothing I had seen. Why doesn't everyone list any custom mods that they have done that they think the manufacturer should have done. Post pics so others can see and list your RV so people can get an idea what will work on their RV.

Of course, I start this thread at 1:32am because I can't sleep and don't have pics but my only mods are..

2018 DX3

1)ordered T stop for refrigerator doors

2) installing top cupboard shocks to keep vertical doors open

3) installed curtain rail behind driver's seat all the way across for privacy. (I hate the cheap stick on window sunshades they offer)

4) getting done now, orange LED strips down entire length of RV and enclosed trailer. Both sides in bright orange.

5) Installed camera on back of trailer with a switch on the dash to view behind the trailer, not just the RV.

6) Future mods.... upgrade the speakers and stereo up front.

I'll post pics when I get my DX3 back from the stereo shop.

The camera mod for the trailer is very interesting - where did you source the components ? What head unit accommodates this?
Old 11-23-2019, 02:59 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by halla View Post
Good idea, good topic. I am currently doing all of the mods I can to my HD, taking pics along the way. I will probably post them all at one point if possible.

some of them so far.

1. Changed all exterior lights to clear LED, blends in better with body/paint scheme.

2. Painted extra set of truck mirrors in black to match body, getting another set of truck steps powedercoated in black to match cab. Going for stealth look on this unit.

3. Building and adding custom shelves (this weekend) to the cabinet behind the bedroom TV, cabinet over kitchen sink, under bath vanity and over stereo in front of the coach.

4. Changed exterior speakers to polk, using high end speaker carpeting in exterior TV cabinet, adding 1" thick TV swivel to exterior tv.

5. Changing dash to carbon fiber

6. adding mudflaps (others have done that here)

7. Caulked all exterior cabinets where plastic meets the metal, helps cut down on dust/mist

8. added 50amp cable door with rollers in floor of cabinet, makes pulling that huge cord in/out much easier

9. upgrading under hood airhorn

10. changing grille to Caliber 9 custom, all black (of course)

11. Changed kitchen faucet to black Delta

12. my fingers hurt from typing. I will add more later

Halla - where did you source the rollers for the 50 amp cord mod?
Old 11-24-2019, 09:41 AM   #46

https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Under...h-p/rv2061.htm

It is a little pricey, but it makes everything so much easier. I added some caulk tape when I installed it to help keep dust down.
Old 01-04-2020, 08:16 PM   #47

I special ordered my 2019 Isata 3 Series 24FW (Sprinter) with two drawers and they had to change the gas stove to a two-burner, which is wonderful. 3-burners were never great. I then had a new electric plug added above the top drawer and below the stove counter. This is great for appliances with short cords. The over the sink plug is almost useless without using extension cords. I have a photo to post as soon as I can figure out how.
Coolrvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 08:18 PM   #48

https://photos.app.goo.gl/kBGkvB2ZCQUcBUNR7
Coolrvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 05:20 PM   #49
Seņor Miembro

Manufacturer should have added screens on the tank vent and overflow lines to prevent critters getting in the tanks.
https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ml#post2408110
Rancher Rob is offline   Reply With Quote