Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2018, 06:59 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRM63 View Post
Brian, excellent response.
With all the variety of opinions based on individual knowledge levels, or lack thereof, I can appreciate the way you have reply to each one carefully. The fact that you are so involved with the pre and post consumers as well as the level of detail of the manufacturing process is impressive and very helpful.

We all Thank You.

Dilly Dilly!!

Cheers to Brian!
Jlole76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 07:08 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlole76 View Post
Dilly Dilly!!

Cheers to Brian!

Bud Light changed the phrase to Philly Philly.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 02:59 PM   #23
Señor Miembro

I'd agree with a few of the items:

I don't think the insulation in our coach is sufficient. There are a number of people who have complained that they can't keep their unit cool in the South summers or warm in the North winters. My heat pumps seem to run A LOT even during our mild springs.

We've had sliding door issues too and would like to see that 3 point latch system implemented.

The bungy cord the fridge doors is pretty cheezy.

The other items listed, I don't have a problem with. Bought a camco surge protector before picking up and use it every time so I can't speak to the onboard unit. But the tech told me that it is $750+ labor to replace it if it blows vs. the camco plug protector.
Rancher Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 03:27 PM   #24

Nice work BC...All the more reason we are getting ready to order our Dynamax very soon. And thanks for going to the spring loaded latches. Good choice!
Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 03:33 PM   #25
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancher Rob View Post
I'd agree with a few of the items:

I don't think the insulation in our coach is sufficient. There are a number of people who have complained that they can't keep their unit cool in the South summers or warm in the North winters. My heat pumps seem to run A LOT even during our mild springs.

We've had sliding door issues too and would like to see that 3 point latch system implemented.

The bungy cord the fridge doors is pretty cheezy.

The other items listed, I don't have a problem with. Bought a camco surge protector before picking up and use it every time so I can't speak to the onboard unit. But the tech told me that it is $750+ labor to replace it if it blows vs. the camco plug protector.
1. Most of the time when I see cooling issues, it is because supply air is getting pulled into the return where the sensor is. The aluminum foil tape comes loose, or the divider baffle comes loose. Dual airs should be plenty....but there are many things someone can do to help.

2.3 point doors are just about 100% now on the line.

3. Bungy cord is cheesy...unfortunately, we can't screw anything into the door as the fridge maker voids the warranty. We had a dealer complain one time as well and said they would install it themselves (a really nice stainless steel latch we want to use). They called us a day later asking for a "deal" on a fridge. They punctured a coolant line. The only fridge OEM that sends a letter authorizing this is Samsung, and that does not fit our opening. We have a threaded rod and we are experimenting with some VHB tape installations.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 04:11 PM   #26

The threaded rod retainer on the Isata 5 fridge works great! Only thing you see on the fridge is a small threaded nut on the door frame. I don’t know how the nut is secured to the frame, but don’t know why that solution would not work on all fridges.
milkman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 08:04 PM   #27
2018 Dynaquest 38TS

My fix for the MCD shades banging, was to take the small round felt pads you put on the bottom of your kitchen chairs, and stick them on the inside of the metal grab handle of the shade, to keep it from hitting the window frame. Sometimes the cheap fixes are the best ideas.
DR Quest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 07:20 AM   #28

Cutting Corners (sorry, long post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
1. Most of the time when I see cooling issues, it is because supply air is getting pulled into the return where the sensor is. The aluminum foil tape comes loose, or the divider baffle comes loose. Dual airs should be plenty....but there are many things someone can do to help.

2.3 point doors are just about 100% now on the line.

3. Bungy cord is cheesy...unfortunately, we can't screw anything into the door as the fridge maker voids the warranty. We had a dealer complain one time as well and said they would install it themselves (a really nice stainless steel latch we want to use). They called us a day later asking for a "deal" on a fridge. They punctured a coolant line. The only fridge OEM that sends a letter authorizing this is Samsung, and that does not fit our opening. We have a threaded rod and we are experimenting with some VHB tape installations.

Still don’t know why you can’t use this one for the refrigerator. It uses the existing bolts on the doors, so no drilling. Last time I mentioned it you said there was a spacing issue. The upper doors can be adjusted up a bit to provide plenty of clearance. It has worked flawlessly for us on our XL for over a year now. Even has a magnet built in to store the removable part on the fridge door. Simple and genius.

Fridge Fixer Fixed Depth 88.9 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YRZKY55..._BM9VEbEWFR98V
“Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on”
MoJoe1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 07:25 AM   #29

By the way, the one I linked to on Amazon is for a Samsung, but Recubed Solutions has them to fit Frigidaire units as well. https://www.recubed.solutions/
Old 05-19-2020, 09:07 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgorving View Post
A

BTW.....I ordered a banana (fruit haha) hammock. It's gonna work great in our gally

This is what I thought of when I read that!

I now need bleach for my eyes!

Mike&Donna
2013 Dynaquest 390XL
On the dolly:
2012 Scion iQ (Inclement weather & grocery getter)
Mythplaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 01:31 PM   #31
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoJoe1003 View Post
Still don’t know why you can’t use this one for the refrigerator. It uses the existing bolts on the doors, so no drilling. Last time I mentioned it you said there was a spacing issue. The upper doors can be adjusted up a bit to provide plenty of clearance. It has worked flawlessly for us on our XL for over a year now. Even has a magnet built in to store the removable part on the fridge door. Simple and genius.

Fridge Fixer Fixed Depth 88.9 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YRZKY55..._BM9VEbEWFR98V
We have tested it and found that the depths seem to vary from unit to unit. Also, the gap on the fridge tends to vary. We were trying to get to a "fixed" size for each fridge. When that did not work, we had to go back to variable. And even then, in some situations the mount would tip a bit and when the gap varied, it would cause some issues.

Personally, if it were my rig, this would be a no-brainer. I understand how it works and what it does. When you have to push them into the wild...with people unfamiliar, or gobs of people walking in at shows, things get more complicated.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 05:20 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
We have tested it and found that the depths seem to vary from unit to unit. Also, the gap on the fridge tends to vary. We were trying to get to a "fixed" size for each fridge. When that did not work, we had to go back to variable. And even then, in some situations the mount would tip a bit and when the gap varied, it would cause some issues.

Personally, if it were my rig, this would be a no-brainer. I understand how it works and what it does. When you have to push them into the wild...with people unfamiliar, or gobs of people walking in at shows, things get more complicated.

I get it. I just found with ours it was adjust to fit once and forget it. It doesn’t move after that. You would think since it is 3D printed they could easily make the adjustments you would need. Apparently not. Too bad. Keep pushing them!
Old 05-20-2020, 11:35 AM   #33

Send a message via AIM to letsgorving Send a message via MSN to letsgorving Send a message via Yahoo to letsgorving
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythplaced View Post

This is what I thought of when I read that!

I now need bleach for my eyes!
so did everyone else lol, thanx for the visual....i think