Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2019, 08:27 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETF View Post
Yup!
Pretty sad why they sold, because the son-in-law who ran it divorced the docs dasughter and thus there it went, sold. Super nice facility, super great price, my Isata 5 was $5000 less than MHSRV. My sales guy Duane was good to deal with. I heard all the old employees are gone, but some went over to the car dealership.
dannko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 10:43 AM   #22
ETF

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannko View Post
Pretty sad why they sold, because the son-in-law who ran it divorced the docs dasughter and thus there it went, sold. Super nice facility, super great price, my Isata 5 was $5000 less than MHSRV. My sales guy Duane was good to deal with. I heard all the old employees are gone, but some went over to the car dealership.
Yes. The whole thing was sad. They were very active in the community and sponsored several of our Rotary events as well as providing a venue for some of our fund raisers. I knew quite a few of the people there and unfortunately there is only one of them left. Sad. According to the manager, the place was profitable with about 80% of its sales coming via the internet but that's the way it goes.
ETF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 11:00 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancher Rob View Post
We just had a new Dynaquest XL 37BH inspected by a NRVIA level 2 inspector. He found nothing wrong! Well, there is a small paint defect on the edge of a door where the masking tape was pulled off incorrectly and left a little paint error but other than that he said he didn't find any problems. Is that even possible? I suspect he might have been bribed by the dealer/salesman but if not, my hat is off to B Clemens and crew!
I had to read this a number of times to wonder if this was said in jest or if you really meant it “small paint defect....”

You can read all kinds of posts here in regards to this not working and that not working on brand new units and you point out a SMALL paint defect??

You ought to be knocking on wood and thanking your lucky stars.
Old 07-22-2019, 08:30 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkmkaz View Post
I had to read this a number of times to wonder if this was said in jest or if you really meant it “small paint defect....”

You can read all kinds of posts here in regards to this not working and that not working on brand new units and you point out a SMALL paint defect??

It's not luck, it is a Dynamax!

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 09:23 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkmkaz View Post

You know small paint defects grow into large paint defects. Reports of very thin clear coat can turn very bad. I know I have seen the thin clearcoat areas. If it were kept outdoors that would be bad.
dannko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 10:52 AM   #26

Wouldn't you agree though Dynamax has the best paint work in the industry? I think they are just beautiful.
Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 05:43 PM   #27

Agreed, love the paint. A few coats of wax a year will keep it nice for a long time.
Old 08-07-2019, 05:41 PM   #28

I would like to add that as someone looking to buy our 1st RV..........possibly a Mercedes Chassis, l had been looking at other brands (which will go unnamed here) and had not really considered a Dynamax.
What has worried me on the other brands was complaints about workmanship and durability.............THIS IS REFRESHING TO SEE
A Dyanamax Isata 3 or 4 will now be under consideration! Did a walk through of a Isata 3 early this year at the St Louis RV Show.............I really liked it but kind of dismissed it as I wasn't very familiar with the brand.............I am now though!
RET.LEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 07:08 PM   #29
Señor Miembro

Didn’t last long (So no, not Really defect free)

While I was excited that the inspection went well and the unit was supposedly flawless, it didn’t last.

While we still really like the unit and had a blast driving it home, it does have it share of problems:

1. Cabin door strut broke free of door sill at first breeze while still at dealership.
2. Basement cabinets bind on each other. Had them all fixed at dealership and now after a trip, a few need readjusting again.
3. One of the lock actuators in basement cabinets failed while at dealership.
4. We’ve had a couple of leaks
5. Tank sensors seem to be off and don’t reflect actual levels
6. Toilet quit holding water
7. Same AC problems most have had with the baffle and plugged vents
8. Towel bar tore out of wall first time we pulled the towel off of it. No reinforcement behind one of the mount screws so was only holding in 1/8” paneling.
9. Bose sound bar in bedroom doesn’t work and usually just makes some annoying noise.
10. One of the kitchen drawers won’t stay latched shut now.
11. We got locked out of the WineGuard Connect and so far, haven’t been able to reset it.
12. Chassis key fob stopped working. Hopefully it is just a weak battery. Besides, that is more off a Freightliner issue.
13. Front awning deploys kinda crooked
14. Black water tank Flush , back flow preventer broke

There were probably a few other things but that’s what comes to mind over the last week as we drove it home. On the plus side, all the major systems worked and we really enjoyed the trip!

Only major concern was the water leaks inside that could possibly lead to mold or other larger problems. When I called Dynamax, 3 times, all I got was voice mail system and left a couple messages. We never heard back from anybody!

I’m glad we bought it but not sure if the next one will be a dynamax or not.
Rancher Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 07:19 PM   #30

They are all built but humans that is the luck of the draw.
cfo111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 09:49 PM   #31
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancher Rob View Post
While I was excited that the inspection went well and the unit was supposedly flawless, it didn’t last.

While we still really like the unit and had a blast driving it home, it does have it share of problems:
Well, there goes my shirt. Figured I would chime in just to get some clarity and see if I can help.

1. So the first post was back on 7/18, we're a month later. So did you pick up a month later or did the strut break ON the dealers lot? IE before you got it? It's hard to put "breakage" as a factory defect. Those struts can and do breaker, but for $20, we feel it is better than the door breaking.

2. When you say basement cabinets? do you mean storage or interior base cabinets? If base cabinets...those are real wood and based on temps/humidity, they may always need some minor adjustments. Unlike a house that is pretty much a constant 72 degrees, RV wood will be exposed to some pretty serious temp deviations. I would plan on adjustments (and we provide adjustable hinges just for that)

3. Again, people refer to the outside storage as basement storage, so I'm not 100% sure here.

4. What are the leaks?? Where and what? Do you have the last 8 of the VIN? I'd like to see how long it was on the lot and if we have any history on it.

5. I don't think any of them are 100% accurate. can you explain how far off? what makes you think they are off?

6. This could be a level issue if it is a macerating toilet. If the coach is not level and the drain tube is not as high as it can be, it will siphon. In any event, might not be a bad idea to have someone raise it up. That would be on us, I have asked the guys to get them as high as they can, but it depends when this shipped.

7. As in you have seen this? or are just experiencing reduced AV efficiency? What are the temps? where are you traveling?

8. I'll bring this up. Either they are not hitting backer, or they should be using anchor's (I prefer backer).

9. Could be a loose HDMI cable??? It really is just power cord and an HDMI cable that goes from TV to sound bar with an audio return channel. Was it working before?

10. Those are self closing self latching drawers. They engage at the back side of the rail and if they get racked or twisted, sometimes the pin does not actuate or it pops UP which makes them just a normal drawer guide (non latching). You should be able to pull the drawer and push the pin up on the back side.

11. I'm not sure that one is a flaw...I think they (Winegard) posted on someone else's post a number to call (I assume just their tech support number). It sounds like there is a set up issue or wrong password entered too many times?

12. WE don't provide a chassis key fob. There is no key-less entry on the M2. If you have a key fob it is ONLY for the basement storage doors or maybe the awning. (two different fobs...the basement locks look more like an entry door lock)

13. ??? like the front goes out earlier than the back, or it is not flat when out?

14. Define broke? leaks? Do you have a pressure regulator?

Who did you call at Dynamax? What number? We were having an issue with a corporate number that we just had fixed, but I think that has been two weeks ago. How long ago did you leave messages?

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 12:26 AM   #32
Señor Miembro

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Well, there goes my shirt. Figured I would chime in just to get some clarity and see if I can help.

Nah, you can keep the shirt. Maybe just write semi-demi-god

1. So the first post was back on 7/18, we're a month later. So did you pick up a month later or did the strut break ON the dealers lot? IE before you got it? It's hard to put "breakage" as a factory defect. Those struts can and do breaker, but for $20, we feel it is better than the door breaking.
[RR] We closed on the 8th of August. Strut broke on the lot while we were there. I think the same day we closed. It tore out of the threaded hole in the door sill.

2. When you say basement cabinets? do you mean storage or interior base cabinets? If base cabinets...those are real wood and based on temps/humidity, they may always need some minor adjustments. Unlike a house that is pretty much a constant 72 degrees, RV wood will be exposed to some pretty serious temp deviations. I would plan on adjustments (and we provide adjustable hinges just for that)
[RR] I meant the storage compartments under the coach house. The hinged side of the door binds against the opening side of the neighbor door on at least two of the compartments. I'll see if I can re-adjust myself with an extra set of hands.

3. Again, people refer to the outside storage as basement storage, so I'm not 100% sure here.
[RR] Same under coach storage compartments. Is there a better term? The automatic lock (from key fob) actuator died while at dealership. They didn't have a replacement. I'll call parts for it. I think a second one is going out too but hasn't completely died yet. Problem is, when first one died, it jammed the cabinet in locked position and we couldn't even manually unlock it. Lee, the tech from MHSRV, had a lot of fun trying to break into the cabinet w/o damaging it. I'm not sure how he did it as it was over 100 degrees and this PNW guy went inside to the AC after a couple minutes watching him outside.

4. What are the leaks?? Where and what? Do you have the last 8 of the VIN? I'd like to see how long it was on the lot and if we have any history on it.
[RR] Vin #JHJY7587. It sat at the dealership from March to August (I believe) One leak was on the supply side of the fresh water pump. I just tightened that up by hand. Hopefully not too tight.
Then there was a wet stain on the plywood in the same area where the pump was but farther outboard against the vertical wall. Don't know where that came from but it has since dried up again so I will just check again next outting. There is still one leak that we don't know if it is the shower or clothes washer that is leaking but I suspect the latter. It drips out of the hole where wires come down into the basement storage compartment above the black water flush connection. We can stick our fingers up in there and feel the plywood is all wet. BTW, thanks for using plywood instead of osb or chipboard. Any chance it is CDX or marine grade plywood so I don't have to worry about it delaminating?

5. I don't think any of them are 100% accurate. can you explain how far off? what makes you think they are off?
[RR] The black water tank seems to fill as fast as the grey water tank even when we are taking showers and doing our best not to use the toilet. They fresh water tank, I can see the water level and it doesn't match what the sensors say. The toilet sensor says the blackwater tank is full and refuses to flush (couldn't get override to work) when optiplex says only 2/3rd full.

6. This could be a level issue if it is a macerating toilet. If the coach is not level and the drain tube is not as high as it can be, it will siphon. In any event, might not be a bad idea to have someone raise it up. That would be on us, I have asked the guys to get them as high as they can, but it depends when this shipped.
[RR] Yes, it is a macerating toilet. Siphoning might explain it as it seemed to fix itself one day but then went right back to draining the next.

7. As in you have seen this? or are just experiencing reduced AV efficiency? What are the temps? where are you traveling?
[RR] I haven't opened up AC yet but I'm 95% sure based on reading others experiences. Was 104 in TX when we picked up. It worked well when in the shade at dealership. Not so much when we were in camp totally exposed. Rear AC kept bedroom nice and cool, front AC unit ran 24/7 and by EOD it would be in the 90's inside. Also, at least 3 vents don't have air coming out. I'm going to do the repairs/upgrades recommended in other threads.

8. I'll bring this up. Either they are not hitting backer, or they should be using anchor's (I prefer backer).
[RR] Backer is better. Saw no evidence of an anchor. How is it backed? could I find it with stud finder? I'd be happy to relocate bar if it just needs to move over a little and the base will cover old holes.

9. Could be a loose HDMI cable??? It really is just power cord and an HDMI cable that goes from TV to sound bar with an audio return channel. Was it working before?
[RR] I'll check for loose cable. Very well could be that as after first 2 hour drive to the inlaws/outlaws , we found the whole sound bar on the bed. My son reinstalled it and maybe missed something.
BTW, why Bose instead of Samsung to match dvd and tv? Wouldn't samsung sound bar integrate with remote and tv better?

10. Those are self closing self latching drawers. They engage at the back side of the rail and if they get racked or twisted, sometimes the pin does not actuate or it pops UP which makes them just a normal drawer guide (non latching). You should be able to pull the drawer and push the pin up on the back side.

[RR] Thanks, I'll try that.

11. I'm not sure that one is a flaw...I think they (Winegard) posted on someone else's post a number to call (I assume just their tech support number). It sounds like there is a set up issue or wrong password entered too many times?
[RR] That was me on other post. I'll work with them on it.

12. WE don't provide a chassis key fob. There is no key-less entry on the M2. If you have a key fob it is ONLY for the basement storage doors or maybe the awning. (two different fobs...the basement locks look more like an entry door lock)
[RR] My mistake. I just went out and checked the non working fob is for the cabin door lock. The led light on fob lights up when pressing either button but nothing happens. The other identical fob works fine.

13. ??? like the front goes out earlier than the back, or it is not flat when out?
[RR] Not flat when out. I'll post a picture

14. Define broke? leaks? Do you have a pressure regulator?
[RR] When I disconnect hose from Black Tank Flush connection, a lot of water comes flowing out into the basement compartment. I don't think it did that the first time I used it. I have a regulator now. May have been too high a pressure from camp water.
Do we have a "customer requested features" thread to which I can add a built-in regulator and gauge? For consideration in future builds?

Who did you call at Dynamax? What number? We were having an issue with a corporate number that we just had fixed, but I think that has been two weeks ago. How long ago did you leave messages?
We left 2, maybe 3 messages with last 8 of vin# last Friday the 16th of Aug. We had tried two different numbers. One was from googling dynamax and the other off the laminated card mhsrv gave us for supplier contact numbers. My phone log says:
"Brandon (574) 262-3474 @ 10:26 & again at 10:41 (Salt Lake City, UT time)
and (574) 533-5934 @ 10:24
One of those calls we got a real person who transferred us to another voice mail.
Thanks BC for all the help and being on here. You being here is one of the reasons we went with Dynamax.
Old 08-25-2019, 03:27 PM   #33
Señor Miembro

Awning pic

If you can see it, the right side corner of the front awning is 8" or so higher than the rest. It also seems to catch sometimes and not close quite all the way. Is that an easy adjustment?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	awning slope.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	438.6 KB
ID:	213305  
Old 08-25-2019, 05:45 PM   #34

Rain pitch? Look in your Carefree manual. The adjustments are very simple.
Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote