Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-15-2018, 07:29 PM   #1

Delayed Delivery Dynamax XL 37BH

Hi Folks,

I ordered a Dynamax XL 37BH through Longhorn RV in Mineola, TX last year in November 2, 2017 (actually started purchasing process in September-October) and was informed the unit would be delivered 1st week Feb 2018...then later informed 1st-2nd week March 2018...I am now informed that it will be Mid April 2018...

So where does the saga end? or is there an end?

Not looking good for my Dynamax adventures...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 07:45 PM   #2

This outfit kind of implies that they have one sitting on the lot. Don't hold your breath, but it might be worth a phone call. https://mhs2go.com/dynaquest-xl-rv/dynaquest-xl-37bh/
rskeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 07:56 PM   #3

I hear your pain, we’ve been patiently waiting too.
Was in Vegas over the weekend and Wagon Trail has one on their lot. Nice looking rig.
mike_soca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 08:15 PM   #4

6 Months is either negligence or failure at some level within the manufacturer/dealer or both...
Old 03-15-2018, 08:53 PM   #5

We ordered our Isata 5 in November and were told delivery would be late March / early April. Later we were told late April / early May. It's supposed to be in electrical assembly now, so hope were on schedule for delivery in time for the June rally.

I have read that the RV industry is having record sales, so supplier issues might be the bottleneck. Maybe Brian can enlighten us?
Slolane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 07:54 AM   #6

Delayed Delivery Dynamax XL 37BH

I do know that the floods In Elkhart this winter were devastating to the community. While Dynamax wasn’t directly impacted, many workers and suppliers were. This surely impacted productivity while folks are taking care of their families and rebuilding their lives.
steverkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 12:16 PM   #7

Lower in that link it says the motorhome unit is on order.
k9jkfham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 12:27 PM   #8

It sounds to me that either they never placed your order or that it came in and they sold your unit to another customer who just had to have it, it has happened before.
Amateur Radio W5CI 2019 Days Camping 25
2020 Days Camping 7
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 12:31 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTZ470 View Post
Hi Folks,

I ordered a Dynamax XL 37BH through Longhorn RV in Mineola, TX last year in November 2, 2017 (actually started purchasing process in September-October) and was informed the unit would be delivered 1st week Feb 2018...then later informed 1st-2nd week March 2018...I am now informed that it will be Mid April 2018...

We ordered our rig Sept 2 and received it in late February, a full 6 months, which was only a few weeks later than the original estimate. You may have placed the order on Nov 2 with the dealer but you need to know when the factory order was actually received by Dynamax. Factor in Thanksgiving, Xmas, New Years, several big RV trade shows in early 2018 and then the local flood/snowstorm factors steverkemp references and it probably equates to a delay versus the original estimate. I do not agree that it is negligence or mismanagement. They may also be experiencing delays of critical subcomponents from their suppliers also due to the local factors, which you cannot always anticipate and forecast.

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
RV Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 12:59 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTZ470 View Post
Hi Folks,

I think I would start looking at other dealers and other brands. RV time is here. Take advantage or you may be waiting a long time.
k9jkfham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 01:42 PM   #11
Just as confused as you

Have you tried asking bclemens about your unit? He is the GM of Dynamax and on the forum a lot. Very helpful guy.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 07:15 PM   #12

They have several issues causing the delays as many have stated...my main point is the Dealer said by 1st week February to make the sale, then moved the goal post to 2nd week in March which wasn't terrible, but threw my timing out as I work overseas, now April I may be out of the country and the Dealer has agreed to hold the unit until I can purchase...Dynamax delivery dates are a moving target and the Dealer should let the buyer know that up front...then the details can be worked out from there...the Dealer should give a 3 month delivery window to the buyer...I.E. earliest 1st week Feb, latest last mid April...the statement that it will be delivered 1st week in Feb 2018 was very misleading to me....so now I am getting a 2018 unit in the 2019 model year which is important to me as well....and yes here recently another Texas dealer sold a unit which was same unit as mine, that crossed my mind as well that they pulled that unit from me to satisfy the large dealer, but I was informed this was not the case, I did challenge them on this...
Old 03-17-2018, 06:19 AM   #13
Commercial Member

The issue sometimes is we can give a lead time to the dealer...but then by time the order is placed (or maybe they keep using that time frame) we get a large influx of retail orders. That pushes everything back as we build retails in order of purchase in most cases. Big trucks being the most affect as we only build 6-7 per week of those.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 06:39 AM   #14

How many Isata 5 DS'

Brian, how many Isata 5's do you build in a year?
Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 08:51 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9jkfham View Post
I think I would start looking at other dealers and other brands. RV time is here. Take advantage or you may be waiting a long time.

Really bad advice.....stick with Dynamax, the wait is well worth it.
Jammer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 09:11 AM   #16

We ordered our 2018 Isata 3 on August 23, 2017 and took delivery December 4, 2017. At the time of purchase, the dealer said it would be about 8 weeks until delivery. We're thinking, cool, lots of fall camping. But as that date approached, the dealer always gave us the most optimistic updates on a delivery time and they were never right.

The estimated date was about 6 weeks behind the actual date. It seems that at the time we placed our order we got a mostly a pie-in-the-sky delivery estimate. Then, later on, the salesman confused "off-line" date with the delivery date.

The only reliable delivery date we got was when the salesman called and said, "It's here."

Had we known all this we would have waited until late fall to order and got a 2019 model. But in the end it worked out and we got the HM.

caswelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 01:06 PM   #17

bclemens, do you know when production of the 2019 Isata 4 31ds will start? You wrote earlier about dealers orders. Do they get priority over individual orders?
LatteRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 01:32 PM   #18
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseymyers View Post
Brian, how many Isata 5's do you build in a year?
125-ish

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote