Old 06-27-2015, 05:35 PM   #21
GM

Where were the windows in the model you looked at and was it the same floor plan?

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 05:38 PM   #22
GM

Our Sprinter will have USB charging stations, a solar option with inverter more than likely. AGM Group 31 batteries (standard)...and more. We'll keep some of that under wraps

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
Old 06-27-2015, 07:01 PM   #23

It was the same model and the rear window had half that opened and half was emergency. They changed it because of RVIA but did not tell us. Now we are stuck with no natural air. I am buying a new window on my own to try and remedy the situation. First bad taste in my mouth with Dynamax.

2016 Dynamax Force. Just-Rite2
Old 06-27-2015, 08:00 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
You can't do vented windows in the rear due to code. I would also avoid windows in the headboard...we've stopped doing that where we can at the Sunseeker plant too.

That's a tough one on that floor plan. No bed slide to have vents in the sides of the slide out. Only option might be to add a fantastic fan location (Or the new MaxxFans that have the built in covers...as we are looking at those now)
Here is a doctored photo where I think you could put a window in the Force/DX3/XL 37BH. Hopefully the RVIA won't have a problem with one here. As I said before this should allow for ventilation just by turning on any of the coach fans. You could also lower the headboard a bit and put a short but wide venting window there.

I don't understand what the RVIA reason is for not allowing a rear venting window. True there is a vacuum at the rear but the exhausts, both generator and engine, do not exit in the rear but way forward one on each side of the coach. It's no different than an SUV with a roll down rear window which is totally legal. Still maybe some exhaust could still be pulled in. A window on the side isn't in a vacuum area so it couldn't pull in any exhaust
Old 06-27-2015, 08:30 PM   #25

I dont know, ceiling vent would be fine too, but I am on my own to figure it out and pay for it. Oh well, hopefully they get it figured out for future buyers.
Old 06-28-2015, 12:06 PM   #26
GM

Halla, let me talk to the engineers about a possible solution. Window (if we have a size that would work) or vent. I'm not sure we have an opening framed however. The fans we're looking at currently are intake & exhaust.
Old 06-28-2015, 06:50 PM   #27
jgp

I know the cab-over height/clearance on the Solera became a little smaller awhile back. I wonder if it would be possible to make the cabover bunk a little more spacious when designing the new Dynamax Sprinters?
Old 06-28-2015, 08:15 PM   #28

Bclemens, I just sent you a private message with my email address and a little more explanation on the window situation, feel free to get a hold of me, I would love to try and work something out since warranty has pretty much put their foot down.
Old 06-29-2015, 08:21 AM   #29
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgp View Post
I know the cab-over height/clearance on the Solera became a little smaller awhile back. I wonder if it would be possible to make the cabover bunk a little more spacious when designing the new Dynamax Sprinters?
The Solera got shorter but the bunk area did not get smaller. While the overall height dropped 5", we went from high cab roof to the lower cab roof and the floor dropped.
Old 06-29-2015, 10:05 AM   #30
jgp

Ah thanks, thought I remembered something like 1.5" being mentioned. Anyhow, is it safe to assume then that the Dynamax Sprinters will have roughly the same cabover space as the current Solera?