Old 06-12-2015, 11:08 AM   #1
GM

Design the next Dynamax Sprinter/SuperC

As I get acclimated to the new digs, we have a couple of projects on the table and I figured now would be the best time to solicit some opinions.

1. On the Sprinter side of things. Is there anything that is missing in the market? We will be building a Sprinter here in the next 90 days. While most of the design is done, its not too late to think about the next new floor plan.

2. Super C. This one can be anything. We're looking at new floor plans, new chassis possibilities, etc. So any feedback is greatly appreciate.

A broad range I know, but its always nice to get a feel for things during the design stages.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 12:56 PM   #2
Tinkerer and Putterer

You will NOT get away from me even if you did leave the Forester fold... I lost my first post because I typed too much so I'll break things up. Here are the high points.

It would be nice to see a floor plan similar to the Georgetown 369DS

Georgetown XL Motorhomes by Forest River RV

Swap the wardrobe next to the couch for a pull out pantry.

If the floor plan is too long then I would remove the rear bath, move the shower to the front corner of the master bedroom, and move the cabinet storage to the back wall. Adding a rear slide for the storage would allow the length to shrink more and still give the ability to walk around the bed when the slide is out.

Ditch the cabinets over the dinette and add a drop down bunk by using a mechanism similar to the one used on the As over the chairs. You could add support to the dinette backs by creating a high back to hold the bunk.

A garbage hole like the one on the 3011 would be great

black tank wash out is a must

An external shower is really nice

Secondary access door in the main door that opens sideways to fill the DEF tank (Think gas tank door on a car).

I really like the backup monitor in place of a rearview mirror

15K AC with heat pump option is really nice

I still prefer vinyl over tile for cleanup and wear and tear.

I would ditch the on demand water heaters unless packaging is an issue

An option to replace the Stove / microwave with a dish washing drawer / cook top / convection microwave option.

Smart enabled electronics package. I'm typing this one up in Word and I'll post it when done.

Built in surge protection and a line conditioner (Offer it as an option package)
50 amp version of the Progressive Industries surge protector and

http://www.amazon.com/Go-Power-GP-30...age+protection

Day / Night roll down shades

Dual pane window option

Old 06-12-2015, 04:50 PM   #3

Give me my 3170 sunseeker on an F-550 chassis with 50 amp service and choice of 2nd ac/heat pump.
Old 06-12-2015, 05:44 PM   #4
Average Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsscully View Post
Give me my 3170 sunseeker on an F-550 chassis with 50 amp service and choice of 2nd ac/heat pump.

X2 - I saw a C on the F-550 chassis.. It was sweet. I don't recall the model.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Southern Maryland and Beyond!

MrJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 10:29 PM   #5
Tinkerer and Putterer

On the sprinter side of things of things it would be nice to see a mini A similar to the Winnebago Via with a drop down bunk in front and a Forrester 2501 floor plan. The drop down bunk would open up the forward floor plan and the double slide would open things up in the back assuming that the chassis can handle the weight.

Via Overview | Winnebago RVs

Forester Motorhomes by Forest River RV

Hey the 2501 even has a garbage hole!

My wish list would be the same, dish washer, convection microwave and cooktop option but I would put the TV option a bit on its ear. In place of a standard TV I would consider using a day night shade with a white reflective surface and a smart projector that has a TV tuner as the main TV:

LG PA75U: Portable LED Projector with Smart TV and Magic Remote | LG USA

It reduces weight, is web enabled and and can be cellular enabled. It can use the windshield shade as a big screen or spun 90 degrees on another white wall for projecting in the bedroom. It can be mounted to the ceiling or removed to take outside for movie night!
Old 06-13-2015, 09:02 AM   #6
Tinkerer and Putterer

Bring the rigs electronic package up to date

When it comes to the electronics package there is nobody in the market that has moved to a wireless setup. This is surprising to me since the space in an RV is so small, wire reduction is a good thing in many ways and component location is always a challenge. I would like to see a rig that uses a home theater cabinet with an honest to goodness home theater receiver. There is a good reason for this. The receiver allows you to connect everything using HDMI and wireless connections. Especially Wireless speakers:

You can start with small speakers like these JBLs

JBL Jembe™ Wireless Bluetooth® powered speaker system at Crutchfield.com

And offer a simple upgrade to a higher end speaker like Bose or Harmon Kardon without introducing any additional manufacturing cost or assembly complexity:

http://www.bose.com/shop_online/wifi...usic/index.jsp
Sites-HK-US-Site

The great thing here is that users can move the speakers wherever they choose in the rig or even move them outside the rig. You can hard mount them anywhere and even go so far as to package the mounts unmounted and let the buyer choose the spot.

TVs and Blue Ray players are wireless enabled. Using the home receiver and an HDMI splitter you could readily link one blue ray to multiple TVs and link that blueray to the sound system.

Amazon.com: Fosmon HD1831 3-Port HDMI Switch with Pigtail Cable: Electronics

This web enabled blue ray would allow users to stream the internet, NetFlix or any number of media options. Many folks that only use their laptops for internet access could then use their TV as their web browser.

To make all of this really work you might add in a wireless router and an optional wireless access point that is cellular enabled. Ford already has wireless access setup through cellular. There are receivers that can do it arent cheap but neither is a Dynmax Super C! Buyers may be willing to pay the price.

Kenwood DNN770HD In-Dash Navigation Receiver - Newegg.com

The wireless router to connect the other devices to the head unit would need to be one designed to handle interference with an easy user interface.

Netgear R7000 Wireless Router - IEEE 802.11ac (3 x Antenna - ISM Band - UNII Band - 1300 Mbps Wireless Speed - 4 x Network Port - 1 x Broadband Port - USB Desktop) Review

To make life easier for the tech challenged you could throw in a 200 android tablet with the remote controls built in, an application that searches for free wireless channels and alerts when you in conflict so you can switch to a new channel and the router app to allow for easy access to the router. The initial config could be painful but if it was setup from the factory and a laminated cheat sheet card attached to the tablet or put in the tablet box to ease the transition for folks that arent familiar with the tech.
Old 06-13-2015, 11:54 AM   #7

I'll address electronics later but right now I'd like to address the roof and batteries.

Solar Prep:
This is something that is becoming common so solar prep needs to be added. Go Solar has made this easy with their roof kit which provides the standard MC4 connectors on a weather proof plate. The only change I'd make is to use 8ga 600V cable instead of the standard 10ga 600V cable. The cables should endup in the inverter bay.

Over the air antenna should be moved to the center line of the coach so as to leave the sides clear for Solar Panels. The only thing I'd want to see down the outside isles is the skylight over the shower. All of the vents should should be down the center if possible.

Batteries:
Larger battery bay so addition batteries can be added by the customer or dealer. The bay should be able to hold up to 6 GPL-4CT and if the bay is tall enough then 6 GPL-6CT which have the same footprint but about 3.5" taller. Only offer maintenance free batteries and forget the old flooded ones. I'd be more than happy to pay for Lifeline or equivalent batteries than old style flooded batteries.

The chassis batteries don't really have to be in the bays and if possible put then under the cab since Freightliner has a standard location for them there.

Other roof access:
It would be nice if a weather proof box was placed on the roof that future labeling could pass through. Type and location is something that would have to be looked into and this should be an option as to not add to the base price.

More to come.
Old 06-13-2015, 12:57 PM   #8
Future Buyer

How about the Forrester 3051 floor plan on a F-550 chassis with an option to delete the cab over? Also, larger propane tank and holding tanks that what is currently on the Forrester series.
Old 06-13-2015, 01:24 PM   #9

Solera 24R is fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
As I get acclimated to the new digs, we have a couple of projects on the table and I figured now would be the best time to solicit some opinions.

1. On the Sprinter side of things. Is there anything that is missing in the market? We will be building a Sprinter here in the next 90 days. While most of the design is done, its not too late to think about the next new floor plan.

2. Super C. This one can be anything. We're looking at new floor plans, new chassis possibilities, etc. So any feedback is greatly appreciate.

A broad range I know, but its always nice to get a feel for things during the design stages.
The ONLY upgrade I would make is a drop down cab over bed and eliminate the ladder. We drive a 2013 Solera 24R and find it almost perfect for TRAVELING. We travel about 10,000 miles per year over three months. We have made a few modifications to fit our life style (like putting drawers in the closet. We don't hang clothes for traveling). It was one of the wisest purchases we have ever made. Don't make too many changes.
Old 06-13-2015, 05:17 PM   #10

Sprinter idea

A piano hinge bathroom door that opens completely providing privacy from the living space as well as additional dressing space.