Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2020, 07:41 PM   #1

Dim lights -- perhaps converter or battery problem?

I'm having an issue perhaps you can help me solve. All my lights are dim even while on shore power. Also, my slide will not retract due to inadequate voltage reading.
I always use shore power or my generator whenever using the slide so am surprised the voltage is a concern.
I have a 2018 Isata 4 24FW.
Doing a little research my guess is the batteries may be spent or I am having a problem with the converter charger.
First question, does anyone know where to find the converter charger on an Isata 4?
Second question, I rarely RV without being connect to shore power. It seems odd that my AGM batteries may be toast so fast since I rarely use them.
Any thoughts or guidance is much appreciated. Thanks
eagle fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 08:22 PM   #2

First make sure the battery's are up to par under a load, check you ground and neutral wire on camper and on you main main feeding it.
cfo111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 08:57 PM   #3

yes, it all sounds typical of low battery voltage...

whether your battery bank is actually being charged is the question... they may be getting some charge while traveling(engine alternator), but it doesnt' sound like any charging may be happening while plugged into Shore Power. Your converter/charger certainly seems culprit... if you actually have a converter. Some coaches now have an INVERTER with an integrated Charger, and don't use a converter.

So, checking the output of the Converter is to start. The charger output would be next... and if you don't have a converter, making sure the CHARGER is actually turned ON would be key.
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, converter, light