Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2017, 11:57 AM   #21
Commercial Member

Sounds like you might have had a low voltage situation. Fault code, might have kicked the stop programming (which they claim doesn't happen). While listed as major, its not broken, but you have to pull the slide switch to access the programming buttons reset the stop locations. Slide has to be in to do that.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 06:23 PM   #22

Not sure if you have the same slide controllers as I do but if you do here is how to reset the stops. I had to reset my stops after my roof leaked on to the back of the controller.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0951.PNG
Views:	56
Size:	217.2 KB
ID:	141445   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0952.PNG
Views:	58
Size:	207.6 KB
ID:	141446   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0953.PNG
Views:	54
Size:	172.9 KB
ID:	141447  
Webefine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 11:15 PM   #23

Thanks. I think I'll move it back in manually when we leave Cody on Friday. Maybe I'll try reprogramming the stops once it's in. If not, I already have a schedule appointment for Monday in Elkhart to have a couple of things looked at.
shultz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 10:11 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Sounds like you might have had a low voltage situation. Fault code, might have kicked the stop programming (which they claim doesn't happen). While listed as major, its not broken, but you have to pull the slide switch to access the programming buttons reset the stop locations. Slide has to be in to do that.

Hi Brian. I'm not sure how I would've had a low voltage situation. We left Minnesota with the slide working fine. Drove 6+ hours to Mt. Rushmore. The slide worked fine there. We were on 50 amp service. The slide came in fine when we left. We then drove 9+ hours to Cody, WY only stopping for fuel. The batteries would've been charged by the alternator and/or solar the whole way, right? We pulled in, put out the other two slides fine. The dinette slide when it stopped responding and through the fault was out further in the front than in the back. At that point the red LED blinked 10 times. Since ratcheting it out it is now only blinking once.
Old 06-15-2017, 02:55 PM   #25
Commercial Member

Low voltage or a fault seems to be kicking the stop settings. So whatever wire got loose more than likely caused the original fault which wiped the stops.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 04:22 PM   #26
Consumer of Space

Andy,

I'm sorry the slide stuck, but thank you for posting how you dealt with it. If it happens to me i'm better informed, thanks you you. Hopefully you get it sorted out.

S
Old 06-16-2017, 10:11 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Low voltage or a fault seems to be kicking the stop settings. So whatever wire got loose more than likely caused the original fault which wiped the stops.

A loose wire would definitely make sense...new rig and lots of bouncing around on the road is certainly a good recipe for that.
Old 06-20-2017, 08:51 AM   #28

Dinette Slide Stuck

Stopped at Dynamax on the way home to address the slide. It was a bad slide motor. Lippert Components came from down the road and replaced it.
Thank you everyone for the suggestions and help.
Old 06-21-2017, 08:59 AM   #29
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shultz01 View Post
Stopped at Dynamax on the way home to address the slide. It was a bad slide motor. Lippert Components came from down the road and replaced it.
Thank you everyone for the suggestions and help.
Glad that we were able to get you back up and running. It was great meeting you this week and hope you have many more enjoyable trips with your family, even with all the "joys" of RVing that it brings
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
zgipson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide