Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-16-2017, 07:52 PM   #1

Directv questions

Has anybody successfully hooked a directv remote to the 50 inch tv in the entertainment center in a DX3 37bh? Any instructions would be appreciated . Could some on tell me what the second coaxial cable in the entertainment center is for? I think a tag on all loose cables should be standard.
papatyrrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 08:03 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by papatyrrell View Post
Has anybody successfully hooked a directv remote to the 50 inch tv in the entertainment center in a DX3 37bh? Any instructions would be appreciated . Could some on tell me what the second coaxial cable in the entertainment center is for? I think a tag on all loose cables should be standard.
You must have a direct TV box.

The second cable most likely goes to the bedroom
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 09:50 AM   #3

Mine had HDMI cables going to all TV's. Just plug them in.
rskeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 10:04 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rskeans View Post
Mine had HDMI cables going to all TV's. Just plug them in.
That would be nice. saidly ine only has one hdmi and that goes to the tv in the entertainment center.
Old 12-17-2017, 10:10 AM   #5

Successfully? Sure, you just need the right receiver. Either the HR44 or HR54 Genie and a Mini Genie or two will do it without any additional cabling.
donniedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 08:48 AM   #6
Commercial Member

On older models, there would have been a 3rd coax that went to the bedroom....back when we had coax "out"...now days, the 2nd coax is the 2nd feed from the satellite.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 10:07 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
On older models, there would have been a 3rd coax that went to the bedroom....back when we had coax "out"...now days, the 2nd coax is the 2nd feed from the satellite.

Thank you. Does that mean I can extend the second cable to the bedroom and use a second Receiver?
Old 12-18-2017, 12:06 PM   #8
Commercial Member

You could, but with the restrictions of not being about to watch channels on different satellites and that line A is the master and will control which sat is viewed. I've discussed some of this on other posts in greater detail. If you understand how the the system works..then absolutely.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 03:51 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
You could, but with the restrictions of not being about to watch channels on different satellites and that line A is the master and will control which sat is viewed. I've discussed some of this on other posts in greater detail. If you understand how the the system works..then absolutely.

Could you direct me to those post? You are very prolific.
Old 01-26-2018, 04:04 PM   #10

My DH has learned a way to get the DirecTV on the television by using a phone or iPad with the DirecTV app. He and his brother watched a football game on his brother's outdoor MH television using this method and he plans to use this in our TT instead of watching cable or local channels, which can be limited. I can ask him what parts you need and how to do it. Of course, you must have wifi access with a hot spot or campground access.

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
2015 Salem Hemisphere 263RL
CampingGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 04:07 PM   #11

Thanks.
Old 01-26-2018, 09:17 PM   #12

I just spent two days running cable through out my DX3 to all of my TVs. It was not fun but I had one of the engineers from Dynamax send me a schematic for the best route. I have a In motion dish and a traveler system on my roof all working on a swim system.
furb30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 09:30 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampingGator View Post
My DH has learned a way to get the DirecTV on the television by using a phone or iPad with the DirecTV app. He and his brother watched a football game on his brother's outdoor MH television using this method and he plans to use this in our TT instead of watching cable or local channels, which can be limited. I can ask him what parts you need and how to do it. Of course, you must have wifi access with a hot spot or campground access.
As long as you have Wifi connection you can watch DirecTV from the DirecTV app on your phone or tablet. The adapter shown converts the signal from the mobile device through an HDMI cable (the black cable) to display on the TV. Your controls for changing stations is on your mobile device. The other white cable in the picture is to keep the mobile device powered.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	18A840F7-2A0D-4E0A-B211-AC96ED22142B.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	236.0 KB
ID:	160990  

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
2015 Salem Hemisphere 263RL
CampingGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 09:39 PM   #14

I will take some pictures tomorrow and post them to show you how I installed the cable. I did not want to rely on Wi-Fi all the time for my DirecTV.
furb30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 09:47 PM   #15

DirectTVNow for the WIN. No contract, month to month. 4 different packages, just type in DIRECTTVNOW on google and follow directions. If are a AT&T customer you get unlimited data to stream it. Watch anywhere anytime, even driving down the road. Packages start at $30.00 a month for around 70 channels and most expensive package is $79.00 I believe. I’ve had it for over a year and can say nothing but great things about it.
Decon Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 10:03 AM   #16

Directv questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decon Blue View Post
DirectTVNow for the WIN. No contract, month to month. 4 different packages, just type in DIRECTTVNOW on google and follow directions. If are a AT&T customer you get unlimited data to stream it. Watch anywhere anytime, even driving down the road. Packages start at $30.00 a month for around 70 channels and most expensive package is $79.00 I believe. I’ve had it for over a year and can say nothing but great things about it.

I will second the recommendation for DIRECTV NOW. We have it but it does rely on having a Wi-Fi or cell type hotspot to work. We have an unlimited plan so that’s not a problem for us. However I could see it being a problem if we ever camped where there is not a good Verizon signal. So far that hasn’t happened! Oh and I forgot to say I use the DIRECTV NOW on a roku stick. We just pull them from the tv’s at home and plug them into the three tv’s we have in the camper and everyone can watch their own thing at night [emoji4]