Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-17-2018, 05:50 AM   #21
Old Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Davis View Post
In my Isata 3rw it drains into the black tank.
Same in my 2019 Isata 3RW
FleckDreher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 09:35 AM   #22
Commercial Member

I love when someone jumps into a conversation...and basically shuts it down saying "This is the reason and there should be no questions". Then goes on to cite another questionable act, but declares "don't bother questioning it because you are wrong and I am right"

So let's stick to the things we can all agree on...then agree that some things we will not agree on.

1. I think we can all agree that the gray tank will fill faster than the black tank.
2. I think we can all agree, that if the black tank is the same size as the gray, then the gray will dictate how often we need to dump if we are doing things in "widely accepted manners"

3. We dump some lav sinks into the black tank and it is absolutely true that it is primarily for convenience. Sometimes the gray tank or vent is too far away to go to without major inconvenience. I can't speak for other OEM's and how they sell it, but we absolutely justify this action in that the lav sink is really small...and uses very little water. (Unless you sit there with the sink running as you brush your teeth, which NO dry camper should be doing). The black tank rarely has enough water for most people and this helps balance them out a bit.

I'm not sure how you can say "the amount of debate" dictates whether to not something is "decided". I think the opposite is true...the amount of debate means that both sides have strong arguments and thus the continued debate. Many people think dumping the gray tank into the open is just inconsiderate and that any "customer rhetoric" to the contrary is just nonsense. I look at things like this "what if everyone did it"? Most people think well "just this little bit won't matter"...OK, well what if EVERYONE did it?

A disgusting, but telling example is what I saw at an OSU game back in 2002. Someone thinks..."Hey, the distance to the "port-a-potties" is way too far or the lines are too long, so we'll just take a wiz at this parking garage..over in the corner, its just "me" and its "only water". Now imagine when a good percentage of over 100,000 people have the same idea? It was literally a urine waterfall. That got on film, went viral, and is why open container was then banned and and the RV tailgating moved further from the stadium. You can say "well that's different"....but what about the guy that decides "I'll just dump my gray out on this this area". Probably not a huge impact...but what if everyone did it?

4. We only dump the lav. Saying that there is a good chance that the shower goes into the black tank means you don't truly understand why we might dump the lav in there. If someone is dumping the shower in there, then maybe that OEM is just giving a line of BS. So since I don't know for sure I will just say that Dynamax doesn't do it.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 12:29 PM   #23

I just read this entire thread again and I don’t think anyone has answered the OPs question. Does the lav. sink drain into the black or gray tank on an Isata 4.
US Army Veteran 🇺🇸
Previous coach 2017 Isata 3RW
Also,3 Diesel pushers, 1Bvan, 2 class Cs
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 12:33 PM   #24

open your black tank drain, and then turn on your bath lav faucet and see...
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 01:37 PM   #25
Commercial Member

Depends on floor plan. 31DS lav goes into the black tank. 25FW does not.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 03:30 PM   #26

No. It goes in the bigger grey water tank. I leave my bath tank open all season, and when i dump the black i flush the tank every time.
Mdaniels4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 04:23 PM   #27

Thanks Brian! Didn't mean to start such a "over the top" conversation. Again you come to the rescue. Thanks
2014 Explorer & 2006 Jeep Unlimited
Oldnapapartsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 07:53 PM   #28

black tank

My 06 Georgetown XL drains the bath sink into the black tank. Kitchen and shower go to the gray tank.
estott1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 08:15 PM   #29

My 2010 2604. Did. What a suprise. When the black tank was full 3 days into the week of camping. We where dry camping 4 adults 1 child. Gray was easy to dump into a slop sink. By the outhouse. Not so easy the black. FR said they whete allowed to do shower to black. Dumb ass's
snapcap14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 08:27 PM   #30

Yep mine does

I always though the shower went to the grey tank but this summer I forgot to turn the shower completely off and it filled the black tank right to the brim before I noticed.... and just in time... took me a while to understand that it was the black tank that was full and not the grey one.... what a shocker
jacques1543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 09:23 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldnapapartsguy View Post
I have a 2018 Isata Series 4 and have a question. Does any water go into the black tank other than the toilet? I understand some units drain bathroom sink or kitchen sink into the black tank. Just curious. Thanks
No it does not
tomswolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 09:40 PM   #32

I have a FR Georgetown and I know that the bath room sink drains into the black water tank. Don't ask how I know but it is in a post. The shower and kitchen sink go into the gray water tank. That might be standard because the bathroom sink sits above the black water tank and the tub is above the gray water tank.
Old 12-24-2018, 10:27 PM   #33

Golden rule. Always leave the gray tank valve open.....if you dont, you will have a flood one day. Without a doubt. Thats all. Have to say
Wildwood65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 11:38 PM   #34
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildwood65 View Post
Golden rule. Always leave the gray tank valve open.....if you dont, you will have a flood one day. Without a doubt. Thats all. Have to say
I suppose everyone's experiences are different.
I'm going on close 40 years of camping with trailers that have holding tanks and I don't leave my grey tank valve open nor have I ever had a flood from leaving it closed. Just sayin'...

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=86
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 12:16 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildwood65 View Post

That didn't help in our case. The wife left the bathroom sink water going. It filled the black water tank and then came up thru the toilet. Good thing the seal was bad. It came out onto the floor from the toilet instead of up thru the vent if the seal would have been good, then back up into the shower etc. She got it stopped before it did any damage and we learned from that. Our gray water tank is always open until we need do empty the black water tank, then we close the gray water valve for two showers and then drain the black and then the gray. Living in out MH in our steel building while framing in the house inside it.
Old 12-25-2018, 12:24 PM   #36

Does shower or bathroom sink drain to black tank - consider food coloring

Just a thought: You might consider pouring a bottle of dark green food coloring down the drain(s) you wonder about, run a modest amount of water into that drain and then see what comes out the black water tank.
Sort of like the way they color the Chicago River for St Patricks. :-)
dkrohse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 07:22 AM   #37

Drain

YES some do. My Wildwood bathroom sink drains into BLACK water tank. I dropped water in cold weather and had to drain my tanks often. The dealer finally confirmed this. It’s to add water when dumping.
gfdrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 06:39 PM   #38

I have a 2015 Coachmen Encounter 37LS and I can tell you that the water from the sink in the aft Bathroom definitely drains into the aux black tank
capbice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 08:16 PM   #39

Keep Fluid In Blackwater Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLT4SPD View Post
I can't speak directly to the Isata 4, but on all Isata 5's, the bathroom sink drains into the black tank for sure. The logic, as it was explained to me, was to add some liquid to the black tank to keeps things more "fluid" and attempts to prevent clogging.

The shower and kitchen sink drain to the grey tank.....again, on the Isata 5.
The way I keep a fluid condition in the blackwater tank is by dumping it only every couple of days. I also flush it and, of course, add a new tablet. I think that leaving the blackwater valve open all the time allows solids to build up in the bottom.

Does anybody else do this?
hikerjohn7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 10:44 AM   #40

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldnapapartsguy View Post
I have a 2018 Isata Series 4 and have a question. Does any water go into the black tank other than the toilet? I understand some units drain bathroom sink or kitchen sink into the black tank. Just curious. Thanks
Make certain that your black water tank is empty! Then. attach the drain hose to the black water tank outlet and open dump valve. Place hose outlet in grass area. Then, run sink water and if it exits the black water drain, you have the answer.
l001952119 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bathroom, black, black tank, drain, roo, show, shower, sink, tank