Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2016, 08:20 PM   #1

Draining Fresh Water Tank

Ok, I am wanting to drain the fresh water tank for the first time. I have the 2015 REV. So, all I need to do is unplug the red/blue low drains under the rig, Do I also need to turn on pump. There is no more water coming out and both indicators show that the tank is 1/3 full. How to I get all or most of the water out? I've tried shaking etc. I also put more water in the tank and then pulled the plugs and water came out. Maybe something is wrong with the sensors? Ugg, there is more to this then I thought! Still haven't figured out how to get hot water from the Atwood ONdemaND system to will take then in.

TIA,
Kathy
kathybrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 08:24 PM   #2
Site Team

Your fresh tank should have its own single drain valve. Sometimes just a cap to screw off, sometimes a valve to turn. The red and blue are low point drains for removing water from all lines, like winterizing.
No pump needed to drain fresh tank.
(At least that how my trailers have been. Your dynamax may be different. Maybe a D owner will chime in. Good luck.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 09:18 PM   #3
Site Team

Mine looks like this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1470190706772.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	116155  

Old 08-02-2016, 09:22 PM   #4
Site Team

Found this dynamax pic on another thread. Yours may be like this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1470190954443.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	116157  

Old 08-02-2016, 09:22 PM   #5
Site Team

Read here. http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...d.php?t=113923

Old 08-02-2016, 11:08 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathybrost View Post
Ok, I am wanting to drain the fresh water tank for the first time. I have the 2015 REV. So, all I need to do is unplug the red/blue low drains under the rig, Do I also need to turn on pump. There is no more water coming out and both indicators show that the tank is 1/3 full. How to I get all or most of the water out? I've tried shaking etc. I also put more water in the tank and then pulled the plugs and water came out. Maybe something is wrong with the sensors? Ugg, there is more to this then I thought! Still haven't figured out how to get hot water from the Atwood ONdemaND system to will take then in.

TIA,
Kathy
Posts 4 and 5 by dcheatwood will point you in the right direction. It is a pull valve.

We have different years so I don't know if yours is the same as mine. The valve has a T handle is is small. It only pulls out an inch or so, don't force it.

Mine is on the left side with access via the propane compartment door. You have to look in about a foot or two to see it. Other years or models my be further back and closer to the sewer drain.

BTW, it takes a good while to drain that tank.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 04:44 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathybrost View Post

TIA,
Kathy
AH, those are not your tank drain, those are low point drains. Those are used for draining the pipes (open faucets when you do that). You tank drain valve is elsewhere.

ilmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 08:39 AM   #8
Love my Rev

we might be getting scammed here

I have the exact motorhome - drained it late last fall ?
steve32409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 09:23 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmor View Post
AH, those are not your tank drain, those are low point drains. Those are used for draining the pipes (open faucets when you do that). You tank drain valve is elsewhere.
Ohhhhhhh that makes so much more sense now. I've been wondering why I've got to use the pump to drain the tank

Sooo.... anybody care to clue me in on where the tank drain is on the DX3?
Old 08-05-2016, 09:25 AM   #10

Where is the drain for the fresh water? I've looked everywhere. I found two towards the rear (blue and red one), told those are used when you are winterizing. Found a blue hose towards front, near propane tank area, with a black pull lever, pulled it, but really just dripped? Not sure if that is it?

Still no hot water from the Atwood tankless, tried everything, so will have to take it in.

Only other thing I noticed, is I fill the tank and both inside and outside say full, I go and run the water for a little bit to clear the lines, and in no time, the gauge says 1/3 full? So confused sometimes...
kathybrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 10:02 AM   #11

The Force drain for the fresh water tank is under the bed by the water heater. It was really inconvenient to use that everytime I had to drain the tank. I added a brass quarter turn valve at the end of the pipe where it comes out under the RV. Much easier to drain now.

My lowpoint drain valves are in the black/gray tank compartment.

I also added a stainless braided line with valve on our water heater, I drain it after every trip, no tools needed now.
halla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 12:45 PM   #12
Love my Rev

this is yours -

steve32409 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain, fresh water, tank, water, water tank