Old 09-04-2019, 08:34 PM   #1

Dump valve questions

I have the connections as shown in pics. Exactly what do the hose clamps do? Are the ends free floating without glue using only a thick paste? What is this paste that is used? IF SO! I thought that I read once where the ends were only clamped to the tank fittings to give extra play when changing out valves!!! THANKS ALL LEONARD
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BOTH DUMP VALES PLUMBING.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	369.3 KB
ID:	214221   Click image for larger version

Name:	DUMP VALVE PLUMBING.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	376.8 KB
ID:	214222  

wanderer44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 08:50 PM   #2
GM

The tank itself, is not a fitting. So consider it a flexible/universal fitting connected to an actual ABS fitting. So it is attached with a sealant/pipe clamp over the fitting. So it is sort of a "hybrid" glue. I don't think you will find it to be "paste" consistency.

Also, please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 04:26 PM   #3

Dump valve proper position

WHAT IS the best position to mount the 3 inch dump valve handle so it cleans out the best??? I had read it somewhere and can not find it again. Thinking of replacing both valves, 1 1/2 and 3 inch with full rotation type. That would require replacing the entire assembly with the 90 degree bend to the main sewer drain. I just replaced the 3 with a new valve and cable but it is set up wrong and the cable binds on the frame as it is to tight to allow proper bending of the cable. THIS IS ON A 2019 DYNAMAX ISATA 3 24 FW.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DUMP VALVE PLUMBING.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	376.8 KB
ID:	214958  
wanderer44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 08:23 AM   #4
GM

Have you looked at the Valterrra electric valve or the Barker Electric valve?

Barker is the one we are looking at. That takes a cable valve out of the equation. BUT, Barker is not listed in Canada....so we would not be able to use them on canadian units. That however does not stop us from using them on US units, which is by far and away the bulk of our sales. That also does not stop the end user from doing it.

In my mind, that would be ideal
Also, please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
Old 09-19-2019, 08:17 AM   #5
Retired Army Paratrooper

Brian I am looking to put these on our unit. Would you recommend the Barker over the Valterra ? I have looked at them both and they both seem to have good reviews.
MasterBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 10:02 AM   #6
GM

I felt like Valterra...just used a mechanical device to lift the existing valve pull on a normal dump valve. I felt like the Barker version actually operated the gate on its own...if that makes sense. I thought that had a higher change of being reliable as you did not have to worry about the linkage between the two (the mechanical device lining up properly with the standard pull valve on the Valterra).

BUT, I have zero actual experience with either.
Old 09-19-2019, 07:41 PM   #7
Retired Army Paratrooper

That is what I was looking at also, I feel like Barker is going to be something that will last longer. I guess I will go with it and see how well it works, wife is more excited about this upgrade than any others I have talked about. LOL

MasterBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
valve