Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2016, 10:12 AM   #1

DX3 Back in Nashville

Made my 10 hr ride back to Nashville Tn. In our Dynamax. This thing is nice, rides nice, plenty of power... more than any previous we've owned. The engine at one start up logged a bh33 code but didn't do it again? Couldn't find to much about it on the net.

As for the rear overhang "no issues". Now that is home I'll be going though it with a fine tooth comb. Not really impressed with the owner manual, too basic. Not very detailed information. So far so good. I'll start another thread on other topics where I may need help and will share anything I can to help assist other owners...
Old 02-01-2016, 10:21 AM   #2

Our 2015 DX3 picture

Here's 2 pictures..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-dynamax-dx3-37rb-ge3419-7.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	182.4 KB
ID:	98735   Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	263.9 KB
ID:	98736  
Old 02-01-2016, 10:36 AM   #3

Nice ,I like the Finished Look that Slide ends add,and since it has a Residential Refrigerator there is No Vents on the unit! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 12:19 PM   #4
Commercial Member

You should have gotten an owners manual and a Dynamax dialogue manual. Those are more detailed than what we have to use currently which is a more generic "Class C owners manual" by Forest River

I know some people would love to have an owners manual like a car...but don't forget. We're sort of between a house and a car. With the owners manual you will also get much more detailed appliance manuals. Those are the "go to" for specific information.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 07:53 PM   #5

Nice unit. Enjoy

2016 Dynamax Force. Just-Rite2
Old 02-01-2016, 09:48 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
You should have gotten an owners manual and a Dynamax dialogue manual. Those are more detailed than what we have to use currently which is a more generic "Class C owners manual" by Forest River

I know some people would love to have an owners manual like a car...but don't forget. We're sort of between a house and a car. With the owners manual you will also get much more detailed appliance manuals. Those are the "go to" for specific information.
Yes I do have both you mentioned. IMHO they are basic operations. Alot of important things and their location are not mentioned, not in my manuals anyway. For instance, converter location, ice make water line bypass, no mention of water heater bypass for winterizing, or even how to properly winterize the unit... slide out room "powergear" manual override, these are just a few. I will figure this stuff out but I would have been easier if in manual. Alot of whats in the "dialogue" dont even apply! I may have stuff missing in my black box, but most items can be found on the net. Honestly I think I knew more about this unit than the person walking me through it after fhe PDI.. some questions I asked he didn't even know the answer to.

I guess after owning a Blue Bird Wanderlodge for nearly 9 years I was used to masses of schematics covering every item on the bus including chassis.. I do look forward to the wiring and plumbing schematics when they are made available. Theres nothing like factory support and information shared among owners that make this a great experience. Thanks for your suggestions and help. This will be a sizable learning curve for me... but with information, no problem..

The factory tour was a big help to me.. I like the the build and look forward to many years enjoying it as I did my Wanderlodge before a refrigerator fire burned if up!

Thanks
Slim
Old 02-02-2016, 11:35 PM   #7
jkoenig24

The "Owner's Manual" I received with my 2015 DX3-37RB was a joke. Almost nothing about my model. It basically was for other Dynamax models. On my third trip, a bedroom drawer fell in. The slide rails had been "anchored" onto 1/8" FIBERBOARD! I was amazed the drawer hadn't fallen sooner. Other drawers were anchored to fiberboard too. A livingroom LED ceiling light had not been screwed in (NO screw holes in the ceiling liner, it had just been pushed up into place). The fixture happened to drop down from the ceiling (it landed on top of the slideout where it couldn't be seen) and, when I extended the slide, the glass lens got pinched and shattered. Dynamax makes things LOOK real pretty but, my experience is that Quality Control was largely MIA. The generator was installed in such a way that it had to be UNBOLTED AND SHIFTED in order to access the oil filter! What should have been a 10 ~ 15 minutes oil change takes over an hour. Last year I replaced the dinette, couch and main bed. All were great "eye candy" but, using any of them for more than 15 ~ 20 minutes resulted in aches and pains (I NEVER had a good night's sleep on the OEM mattress). The Freightliner chassis Dynamax uses does ride nice and, the true tow capacity is hard to beat.
jkoenig24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 08:33 AM   #8
Commercial Member

I fired all those guys.
Some of the lights we use are spring clamped, not screwed in. I switched to screw on, threaded lens when I got here.
We don't use fiber board...so I'm not sure what you are referring to. If you have a picture that would be great, but I'm guessing its lauan plywood...common in RV's for its moisture resistant lightweight properties.

If you are still having any issues, by all means PM me the list and your VIN and we'll find a local dealer to resolve them or bring it here. Or if you're traveling out and about give us a call we can work on things while you're doing a plant tour. If it takes longer we have a service lounge with washer/dryer, cable TV, full kitchen and grill.

Old 02-04-2016, 05:14 PM   #9

Slim,

I agree with you and others on the Dynamax Forum of the need for instructions, diagrams, and appliance specific manuals. Their lack causes needless angst over concern for the proper operation of equipment and safety.
I share your concern about the overhang of the rear of the DX3. I had a roller added under the hitch. The roller exacerbates the problem (it lowers the contact point) as well as protects. It is touching the road upon change of grade more often than I would like as it protects the hitch. No damage has been observed..
Gerard
2016 Dynamax DX3
2012 Lazy Daze 24-foot FD
Thebackpacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 05:30 PM   #10
Commercial Member

Appliance specific manuals should be in the dealer pack. There is a huge plastic binder with everything in it. Many things are available for download as well.
Dynamax Online Owners Manuals

If you go through the online manual...on the right hand side are links to product pdfs and/or videos of the relevant appliance. Available pdfs and videos change based on what page you are on as they are context sensative.

Old 02-04-2016, 05:37 PM   #11
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWF1945 View Post

I guess after owning a Blue Bird Wanderlodge for nearly 9 years I was used to masses of schematics covering every item on the bus including chassis.. I do look forward to the wiring and plumbing schematics when they are made available. Theres nothing like factory support and information shared among owners that make this a great experience. Thanks for your suggestions and help. This will be a sizable learning curve for me... but with information, no problem..

The factory tour was a big help to me.. I like the the build and look forward to many years enjoying it as I did my Wanderlodge before a refrigerator fire burned if up!

Thanks
Slim
May have a long wait on ever seeing a schematic of your unit. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 06:21 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebackpacker View Post
Slim,

I agree with you and others on the Dynamax Forum of the need for instructions, diagrams, and appliance specific manuals. Their lack causes needless angst over concern for the proper operation of equipment and safety.
I share your concern about the overhang of the rear of the DX3. I had a roller added under the hitch. The roller exacerbates the problem (it lowers the contact point) as well as protects. It is touching the road upon change of grade more often than I would like as it protects the hitch. No damage has been observed..
Gerard
2016 Dynamax DX3

Gerard,

Thanks for your input. Where did you find a roller for the hitch. I've seen a few on line that don't look as if their up to the task...
Old 02-05-2016, 10:36 AM   #13

Etrailer.com has a bunch of different hitch rollers to look at.
Old 02-05-2016, 12:42 PM   #14

Slim,

Dynamax was the source of the roller for my DX3. The roller was added by Dynamax during construction at my request.

Gerard
2016 Dynamax DX3
Old 02-06-2016, 06:05 PM   #15

Bclemens,

Thank you for your response. I encourage Dynamax to continue to develop http://dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx . With my new DX3, I received a very nice 11” x 11” x 13” file-folder box of manuals. It is not full, but I am sure I will fill it.

So far, my fallback source of information is Joe Eash at Dynamax. Joe is responsible for me purchasing the DX3. He is very good for his job. He is my “go to source of information.” I do not want to overdo leaning on him for information on using the motorhome.

As with other Dynamax owners and other motorhome brands, the dealer is some distance from where I live. There is a desire, if not need, to deal with problems as they occur. Almost all of the problems I experienced could be solved by information, if available. Until the information became available, there was cause for annoyance and angst. A few examples might be instructive on the need for Dynamax to provide more information.

Levelers – all touchpad LEDs flashed on the center of the dashboard and an audible beeper sounded most of the time when I stopped and some of the time when I headed downhill. The dealer service manager inspected the system and made sure the fluid level was correct. Thereafter, the problem was worse. Where is the reservoir? What is the fluid? A search of the Internet found the operator’s manual and 13 technical information sheets for the particular Power Gear system installed on the DX3. See http://www.lci1.com/support-leveling-system-power-gear-electricError Codes, for “All lights blinking & Buzzer” The mode (error) is “Jacks Down while traveling (jacks not fully retracted, drive-away mode will automatically retract all jacks)” One of the technical information sheets also recommended applying the Parking Break and shifting to P or N. Response: The reservoir is to the left of the generator, ignore any fill line, and fill the reservoir with ATF (automatic transmission fluid).

Engine/transmission – The transmission downshifting on hills appears delayed, especially 4 to 3, and 3 to 2. The Cummins ”Owner’s Manual ISL9 CM2350 L101 warns, “Operating the engine at full throttle below peak torque will shorten engine life to overhaul, can cause serious engine damage, and is considered engine abuse.” (page 1-41). Dynamax, Freightliner, and Cummins manuals do not provide engine specific data. There is no manual on the Allison transmission and the Freightliner manual does not discuss the specific transmission installed in the DX3. Response: Manually downshift until more information is obtained. The Freightliner Chassis Owners Club is open to owners of Freightliner M2 chassis owners, according to its President, and a great source of information on the Freightliner chassis. See http://www.fcocrv.org/Default.aspx Consult Freightliner, if not also Cummins and Allison.

Compressed Air Tanks – Where are the compressed air tanks? Freightliner warns that failure to frequently drain condensate can result in damage to the air brake system. Replacement will cost approximately $30,000. The tanks are not described in the Dynamax manual. Response: The tanks are between the rails near the rear axle. The tanks have automatic condensate drains.

Electrical System – While dry camping, after reading the generator manual, I started the generator and promptly caused a Xantrex fault. After reading the Xantrex manual, while not explicit, apparently Xantrex wants the generator operated through Xantrex. The following day, the generator started on its own initiative. A nice feature under some situations, not nice if I was filling the propane tank. Response: Need to know more than I have so far found in manuals that came with the DX3.

Exterior Wall Mounted Entertainment Center – Where is it? What DX3 Standard Features and Options listed in the DX3 brochure are not installed, and what features not listed were installed?

The DX3 appears to be a very robust, sophisticated, and capable motorhome. That also means complex. Aside from manuals on all the components, a Dynamax manual that provides an overview and diagrams to locate components would be helpful, especially to jump start the learning process for the new owner.

Gerard
2016 Dynamax DX3
Old 02-06-2016, 07:14 PM   #16
Commercial Member

Levelers: should have been an owners manual in that file folder box. I am just wrapping up a project to have them all in digital form and placed on a USB stick to prevent loss.

Engine/Transmission: Brochure lists the transmission as Allison 3200 TRV Six Speed automatic. Allison owners manual should have been in there...but that is one I don't recall seeing digitally, I'll have to check that one out.

Compressed Air Tanks: I'll have to check on what we are getting for the Freightliner manual. Due to the custom nature of that chassis (thousands of options sets), I have not looked to see how much of what we do goes into their manual. That one concerns me.

Electrical: There should be a manual on the auto gen start. It is primarily triggered by low voltage...but we are adding a temperature sensor as well.

Exterior wall mounted Ent Center: it is behind a door on the sidewall. It is not available on the 35DS due to space and I'm not 100% sure when that item got added to the standards list. At one time it was an option.

Between the MSRP that should accompany the motorhome (showing installed options) the brochure would indicate standard features.

Appreciate the feedback. Gives me some things to dig into on Monday morning. Maybe a "Quick Start" guide is in order, to give the overall lay of the land and direction to the specific appliance manuals. I'll also get into a little more detail into what manual we're getting from Freightliner and Allison.

Old 02-06-2016, 08:03 PM   #17

I'm still sorting through paperwork and manuals... really not impressed with the contents... but that's okay I'll figure it out and in time hopefully will be able to help others... lol.. I'm still looking for the location of the 12v converter / charger...
Old 02-08-2016, 11:00 AM   #18
Commercial Member

Just to add info to the Levelers.

If you look at this picture, the sensor is close to the fill line. We asked Power Gear to come in and tell us what we should do and they didn't really have a good solution. I think we took it upon ourselves to fill to the top, but then it wanted to force fluid out and people thought there was a leak. We have asked for baffles in the tank or to move the sensor, but that has fallen on deaf ears.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0217.jpg.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	238.5 KB
ID:	99164  

Old 02-08-2016, 11:41 AM   #19
Commercial Member

Here is what I could quickly dig up on the 37RB schematics.

Again, we're in the middle of a major electrical update as many things are going to Multi-plex wiring. My electrical engineer is neck deep in designing all of those items, new floor plans, etc.

Old 02-08-2016, 05:09 PM   #20

Excellent bclemens! a man of action... I'll be looking these over.. takes a minute as all schematics are different per manufacturer. This will be a big help if need be.

Thanks