Old 07-20-2016, 03:27 PM   #1
DX3 Basement Bins

I have a couple of questions relating to the basement bins in the DX3:

1. Is there a load limit on these? The smaller ones seem OK, but the big one seems to flex a bit when loaded, especially with tools. Want to make sure I dont over do it.

2. What's the recommended method of attachement? Can I just bolt through with a big washer or something or should I be looking at some sort of backer or something? Thinking about adding some shelves/dividers to some of them.

2016 Dynamax DX3 - Big Blue
FOURWHL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 11:10 AM   #2
1. Load is such a tough thing to put a number on. General rule of thumb is about 200lbs. However, does that mean a 12x12 cube of gold bars? No. When we test anything we have to test it at 5 times its actual weight due to "bouncing". Let common sense rule the day and if you do load up, try and prevent whatever it is from bouncing around. I don't ever see these failing and I'm guessing some people aren't always using common sense.

2. Again, depends on weight. I would recommend backer so that you're not just relying on the fastener, but also a "friction fit"from the backer. These are pretty thick root-cast bins that hold up really well...but if you just put a fastener through...whatever weight is on the shelf is all resting on that small fastener. I would be afraid of elongating that hole and it leaking.

Just my 2 cents. It seems like every time I respond, Halla posts some pictures of his solution on that same problem that has been working for him. So lets cross our fingers for more data

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 01:12 PM   #3
Totally understand about the weights. Thanks though that helps. I try to stay logical but realized as I packed a few toolboxes into that big one I may need to be a little more diligent.

I'll hold out hope for Halla to show up with some designs
2016 Dynamax DX3 - Big Blue
FOURWHL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 06:26 AM   #4
Well I am looking at the slide out drawers Quikee makes. Mount on the sides and put some angle iron on the outside for support.

I did add two drains to the bottom of the black tank cabinet.

Just added a propane extension for my weber to the passenger side, gave me some time under the coach to study the storage bins.

2016 Dynamax Force. Just-Rite2
halla is offline   Reply With Quote